Miami's Willie Williams wants out of his scholarship | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Willie Williams wants out of his scholarship

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSuck456
This is a little off topic, but UM won't be going anywhere until Coker is fired. He's not a good coach at all IMO. I got nothing against UM don't root for them either, but if they underachieve again this year, he's as good as gone and UM will get Butch Davis back.

Man u can't blame Coker, he is a nice guy with a good heart . . the AD is who we have to blame. They have to make a decision, would we rather have a championship caliber team every year, even if it means not focusing on grades as much, or would we rather have a decent football program, who can produce a winning season but nothing past that, and has the highest graduation rate the football program has seen in sometime. I mean it all falls on Paul Dee (is he still there? lol) and Shalala to decide how they want this program run. Coker is not the type of coach thats gonna get u to the big dance (gimme a break about the 2001 team, they had all of Butch Davis guys on that squad . . guys who are studs in the NFL right now . . even against Ohio State, those were mainly Butch Davis's guys on the field. The year after, when the team got gutted from the draft is when we saw more of Coker's players.) Miami doesn't play against the panzies they used to play against, they have to make a decision . . soon.

I just can't subscribe to this line of thinking. Coker is in over his head...period. The dude makes over a million/year. He is susceptible (sp. is wrong, I know) to critisism as much as anyone. I agree that Paul Manadee (copyright to canesoverhere.com and burtreynoldsisbald, specifically) is inept, but the coach has to take some of the heat. ManaDee made the hire (for which he should submit himself to 3 hours of starvation), but Coker has reaped the benefits. Dude rolls around in an Escalade. Is he a great human, yeppers. But the guy is not a legitimate division I head football coach. His passive hires and approach to football have set Miami football back. Hopefully the new coaching hires (Berry, Olsen, etc.) will "right the ship", but I am cautiously optimistic. Bill Walsh would be a bust if he were forced to run Coker's pre-historic offense.

dorsaroll156 said:
i wonder where he will go

Don't have a link, as it was in the local paper but he mentioned WVU and Tenn as possible places he would like to go to. Not sure I want him here at WVU, been down that road with Chris Henry. Not up to me though. Interesting to say the least.

papafin said:
I just can't subscribe to this line of thinking. Coker is in over his head...period. The dude makes over a million/year. He is susceptible (sp. is wrong, I know) to critisism as much as anyone. I agree that Paul Manadee (copyright to canesoverhere.com and burtreynoldsisbald, specifically) is inept, but the coach has to take some of the heat. ManaDee made the hire (for which he should submit himself to 3 hours of starvation), but Coker has reaped the benefits. Dude rolls around in an Escalade. Is he a great human, yeppers. But the guy is not a legitimate division I head football coach. His passive hires and approach to football have set Miami football back. Hopefully the new coaching hires (Berry, Olsen, etc.) will "right the ship", but I am cautiously optimistic. Bill Walsh would be a bust if he were forced to run Coker's pre-historic offense.

Ur being to harsh . . tho he had Butch Davis's guys in 01 and 02, Coker still got them to the dance, so to say he is not capable to handle a division one program, to me is absurd. And sure Coker deserves the heat he is getting, I never said that, I said we have to put the blame on the 2 people on top of him for putting athletic education over championship football, plain and simple. It is pretty obvious that Coker cannot handle a team of Miami's expectations, however when u are being told by Dee and Shalala that tho team is not winning championships but man u are great with the students and graduation is up and all kind of stuff, hey he is doing his job in the eyes of his bosses . . . so why even resign if ure boss is giving u a pat on the back . . I mean u have to factor that in. Hell if I was making a million plus and my bosses tell me I'm doing a great job, I wouldn't quit either.

To be fair to Coker, every year he is not in the national championship or atleast a top 5 team, he is gonna get heat . . it is tuff to coach down here, the expectations are tremendous, and that includes the Dolphins too. There are no 4-12 seasons w/o reprucussions . . u just don't come to Miami and fail, not comprehendable with fans, and if it happens, changes must be made. Coker has walked a thin line, he is on that line, I truly think if similar results happen this year, he will be gone . . and I have heard Butch Davis is actually waiting out for this job and may have taken it if Coker was fired this past year (no links but was on talk radio), Dee is gonna give their man one more chance.

so he is highly recruited but not a starter? hmmm

Kdawg954 said:
To be fair to Coker, every year he is not in the national championship or atleast a top 5 team, he is gonna get heat . . it is tuff to coach down here, the expectations are tremendous, and that includes the Dolphins too. There are no 4-12 seasons w/o reprucussions . . u just don't come to Miami and fail, not comprehendable with fans, and if it happens, changes must be made. Coker has walked a thin line, he is on that line, I truly think if similar results happen this year, he will be gone . . and I have heard Butch Davis is actually waiting out for this job and may have taken it if Coker was fired this past year (no links but was on talk radio), Dee is gonna give their man one more chance.

Oh please god...:pray::pray::pray:

I'd love to have Butch Davis back. He was awful with Cleveland in the NFL but the guy is as good an X's and O's guy as you'll find.

popularwar said:
I'd love to have Butch Davis back. He was awful with Cleveland in the NFL but the guy is as good an X's and O's guy as you'll find.

I don't think that was his strong suit..I think he was a recruiter par excellance..

popularwar said:
Yeah, some guys are just better staying college coaches. Butch Davis, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, and Dennis Erickson to name a few...:dolphins:

Jaydog57 said:
Yeah, some guys are just better staying college coaches. Butch Davis, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, and Dennis Erickson to name a few...:dolphins:

personally, I think Butch is head and shoulders above Hotlz and Erickson, who are cheaters, Spurrier I just don't like.

The funny/sad (depending on your point of view) thing is this kid had some serious potential. He has talent. Now, why was he frelancing and not buying into the program? Who knows. Does he deserve all the blame? No, I think the coaching staff deserves some of that. Heck, even UM players know the kid is ultra talented.
-- Beason said Williams may have had more potential than any player in the school's history --
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/23/AR2006072300792.html

Back
Top Bottom