Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive

The late hit on the QB call is getting out of hand. Might as well just put red jerseys on them and use the buzzer system like in practice. The results would be the same.

Ness was targeted a lot, namely on that goal line stand and he held his own. Because of the fact that he can play saftey and corner gives him a better shot at making the 53 man roster. I also though John Jerry played well tonight, as well as Paul Soliai. Soliai was very disruptive at NT. If we have a DE go down, I'm wondering if we would then move Starks back to DE and play Soliai at NT.

I don't think so. I mean NT is a potential strength with Starks/Soliai. DE is probably the DEEPEST position on the team right now. Langford, Odrick, Grant, Douglas, McDaniel, Dotson. If a guy like Langford went down, we have quality guys that can back him up.

ness & jallen could probably start for the ravens & jets right now. i trust them more than smith & davis frankly.

Why is everyone talking trash about vontae's coverage on mike williams? That was an unbelievable pass and catch.. vontae had good coverage!

davis had perfect coverage. what's somewhat disturbing is he seemed clueless the ball was coming.

Most of Micah's college career he was injured, now that he is healthy our DC an crew will whip him into shape in no time.. I can see him as an every down LB he played 3 straight quarters last night and still had plenty in his gas tank if he continues to play like that he will be a force...

and it was a bone head play btw RULE NUMBER 1 WHEN TACKLING KEEP YOUR HEAD UP "if his head was up he would have seen the qb had already released the ball and let off instead of driving him and leaving his feet

NFL PS and REG SEASON- Head down driving and leaving feet to attempt a sack after ball was released he will be called almost everytime

On that TD Smith gave up, I'm not really sure what he was doing. And all Vontae had to do on that long pass play was turn his head and it is an easy deflection, even interception.

M. Johnson looked faster than his test times would indicated. He's no P. Willis, but he never looked slow to me.

He was injured when he ran his 40. I don't think he's actually even close to that slow when he is healthy. Probably more like a 4.7 guy in reality. Combine that with his effort and strength, and you've got a decent player.

Quite honestly, every player had their good moments and bad moments. Ness gave up a lot of plays, and his man was open many times. He is still raw as an onion. If he's playing big minutes in the regular season, starters will eat him up. Props for making a few plays out there though. He was targeted, and he gave as well as got.

Vontae played great the whole game save for that one play. Unfortunately, it's the same problem we saw last year, and he needs to clean that up. He was clueless with the ball in the air. Had great coverage, and it was a great throw and catch, but if he just gets his head turns when the receiver looks for the ball, he has a chance at the INT.

Micah had the bonehead play on the QB, but he was aggressive. Let's not give him too much credit though, a few times he wasn't even blocked.

The most exciting player for me was Jared Odrick. You could really see his power and explosiveness in his time out there. That size and athleticism will make him the perfect 3-4 end.

Misi was as expected, pretty athletic for a SAM, needs to gain leg strength to anchor against the run, needs to grow into finishing his pass rush, and not just being close, and he just needs to continue to improve his awareness in coverage. The transition for a DE to 3-4 OLB is not an easy one, and I do wish we still had Taylor to help mentor him. Having a hard time letting that go.

Reshad Jones took a few terrible angles, looked out of place at times, and I notice some really poor tackling technque a few times. Man I wish we had gambled on Greg Hardy with that pick instead.

what i liked about micah was his closing speed.yes he was unblocked at times.but good lb's take good angles,and make the right reads to make that happen.the other thing i liked was that he did play 3 qrts in the mud ,and on wet grass.but that his legs seemed to stay fresh,and just seemed quick.1st team or not on offense.they where rotating new,and fresh guys in all the time.he still seemed a step ahead.i would like to see him on a dry field.matter of fact the whole team.

what i liked about micah was his closing speed.yes he was unblocked at times.but good lb's take good angles,and make the right reads to make that happen.the other thing i liked was that he did play 3 qrts in the mud ,and on wet grass.but that his legs seemed to stay fresh,and just seemed quick.1st team or not on offense.they where rotating new,and fresh guys in all the time.he still seemed a step ahead.i would like to see him on a dry field.matter of fact the whole team.
I really liked what I saw from Johson. His burst was good, and his motor was always going.

Back
Top Bottom