Michael Barrow to be released.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Barrow to be released....

not sure he w/want to come here as a backup and have to play ST for us.

You don't think he can beat out Eddie Moore and Morlon Greenwood? I think he can and wouldn't have to play ST.

no... keep him. Don't need to get older. Need to get younger guys.

Seau has never played inside to the best of my knowledge.

Barrow doesn't have the speed to be an outside LB.

The only place for Barrow for the Fins would be backup MLB/special teams player replacing Hendricks. Doubt MB will want that low of a contract unless he can't get a starting job anywhere else.

Junior hasn't played inside in at least 5 years.

OK. So are there any other OLB out there that we could get cheaply that could replace Greenwood? To me Greenwood is a decent player that never has his name mentioned, either for good or bad. I can't remember seeing him make a BIG play when it the game was on the line.

greenwood improved last year, and showed me enough good things that id personally like to keep him around with eddie moore at least give us a little depth at LB and be a little younger

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
greenwood improved last year, and showed me enough good things that id personally like to keep him around with eddie moore at least give us a little depth at LB and be a little younger

He improved? From 58 tackles his 1st year to 66 this past year. Wow, a whole 8 tackles..... NO forced Fumbles, NO Interceptions and only .5 sacks (I know he's pulled out on 3rd downs). But still, he's an average palyer and can be upgraded, IMO.

I'd like to have him as an insurance policy but there are a few teams out there that could use a starting ILB, like Seattle, New Orleans, maybe Cleveland.

the weak side LB is never going to be in on a ton of tackles in our system, our players are taught to funnel everything toward zack and the middle, thats one reason hes(zack) among the leaders in tackles every year. Any dolfan should know that.

I love how people always looks at statistics, when stats do not tell the whole story

Back
Top Bottom