Michael Barrow to be released.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Barrow to be released....

agreed Dupree, everyone always brings up the stats and use them to argue against people who actually watch all the games

I know our defensive strategy is to funnel towards Zach and also to take up as many linemen as we can so Zach is free to make tackles. However, even Jr had 96 tackles this year playing in a new system and being older than Greenwood, and he plays outside.

I know stats don't always tell the story but in this case I think they do. I would be fine iwth him as a backup but I'm concerned that Moore isn't fully recovered or like Dixon is injury prone.

seau is playing the strong side, there is a difference, also he plays closer to the line and greenwood is more of a coverage LB

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
agreed Dupree, everyone always brings up the stats and use them to argue against people who actually watch all the games

17-0, I'm a season ticket holder and haven;t missed a game in 20 years. I watch EVERY game and have YET to see Greenwood make a crucial play!

Tell what he brings to the table besides consistent AVERAGE play. Is he a team leader? NO. Does he make opponents run the other way? NO. When they do blitz him, does he get to the QB? NO. So how do you evaluate him without the stats?

seau is playing the strong side, there is a difference, also he plays closer to the line and greenwood is more of a coverage LB

Seau is our WLB. Greenwood was moved to SLB after Rodgers left.

my bad there smad, wasn't even paying attention to what i was typing. I just get so flustered when everyone expects every position on the team to be a star, sometimes you have role players who do their job well enough and i think we should keep greenwood around. He hasn't been a weak link, last year was his first real shot and he wasn't bad

Originally posted by dolfan4good

17-0, I'm a season ticket holder and haven;t missed a game in 20 years. I watch EVERY game and have YET to see Greenwood make a crucial play!

Tell what he brings to the table besides consistent AVERAGE play. Is he a team leader? NO. Does he make opponents run the other way? NO. When they do blitz him, does he get to the QB? NO. So how do you evaluate him without the stats?

I'm not gonna argue with a guy who's been to every game the last 20 years, BUT,, is putting a MLB in Greenwoods spot the alternitive here when we have Moore to compete with Morlon? At best we maintain what we have rotate Moore in if he can't over al dislodge Greenwood. and meybe improve the position next year.

my bad there smad, wasn't even paying attention to what i was typing. I just get so flustered when everyone expects every position on the team to be a star, sometimes you have role players who do their job well enough and i think we should keep greenwood around. He hasn't been a weak link, last year was his first real shot and he wasn't bad

It's confusing though. Greenwood's position switch from WLB to SLB yet he still plays on the right side of Zach like he did the year before. It really doesn't seem like we have a weak or strong LB.

it's basically, two guys stay outside of zack to make sure the ball carrier goes to zack, lol

Originally posted by Hellion

I'm not gonna argue with a guy who's been to every game the last 20 years, BUT,, is putting a MLB in Greenwoods spot the alternitive here when we have Moore to compete with Morlon? At best we maintain what we have rotate Moore in if he can't over al dislodge Greenwood. and meybe improve the position next year.

I didn't realize that Barrow was a MLB when I started this thread. Had I known I would have worded the thread differently. You're probably right right when you say that replacing greenwood with a MLB is not a good idea, however I thought Barrow might be able to make the switch and with his experience might make more of an impact than Greenwood.

I only brought up stats when it was said that greenwood improved this year and I disagree with that statement.

it's basically, two guys stay outside of zack to make sure the ball carrier goes to zack, lol

Basically. That's why Hendricks had a ton of tackles vs Tennessee & that's also why I think Zach is a bit overrated.

Barrow will go somewhere he is needed and start at MLB. He knows he's too good to be a Backup/SpecialTeamer thats why he wouldnt take the paycut from the Giants.

Greenwood is an avarage player, slighty above average actually. He is nothing special but he doesn't seme to hurt us at his position either. He is probably a nice measuring stick for other outside linebackers in the league. If they are btter than him, they are good, if they are worse, they are bad.

I think in a different system, you could see him blossom into something special, but I don't know if he ever will be more than a role player here. I like him though and with Eddie Moore and Jenkins, I think we have some solid depth and young depth too boot.

Back
Top Bottom