Michael Jenkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Jenkins

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
someone who miami was projected to get (early mock drafts).

He's kinda slipped off the radar as a 1st rounder because his offense is crap. He's playing right now, but i've seen a few games this season, and he seems to make plays.

6'5" wideout with speed, and sure hands. his worst quality is he tends to round off his routes like chambers did/does when he came out of college. although he also had great instincts for a WR. Another thing is he kills 2 birds with 1 stone, because he can return punts. although he is still new to it (took over around mid-season, and his first one he ran for a TD) he shakes and bakes like sanders looking for that gap.

He is the perfect size, with pretty good speed. i wouldn't mind him being a WR for the dolphins.

He should make plays against these corners he's playing against.

I like him, just not first round like him. Let's see how he does in the Senior Bowl against guys who may actually play in the NFL.

I like Jenkins, big fast, sure handed receiver like you say. I've got a chance to watch a lot of OSU games. I like what I saw. Another guy who I'm sure will drop a couple paragraphs here is Stamos(OSU boy).

I like Jenkins too. He's a guy who could slip a little because of the talent at the receiver position.

I like Lee Evans more. He doesn't have Michael Jenkins's size, but he's faster and a more productive player.

I haven't seen Jenkins make many game changing plays. I have seen Lee Evans make some game changing plays.

Well let's say this, at least Jenkins catches the ball. He hasn't been open open a whole lot tonight though. Whenever he gets stuck on Cedrick Williams, our best CB, he can't get open, but he'll still make the catch even if he isn't open. But he's toasting the other CBs on our team, even though they aren't very good. I like his hands, but I would be interested to see what he does in the Senior Bowl. But missed, Cedrick Williams could be playing on Sundays one day, he's a JUCO transfer playing his first year of big time college ball, looking pretty good for a first timer.

My guess is that there is about an ice cube's chance in the lower hot lands that Miami drafts a WR in the first round unless they pick up a second pick as the result of some other team signing Ogun. There are simply too many other needs to be addressed on the offense for the 'Fins to spend a pick on a luxury like another WR.

He has been handicapped by a limited passing offense (like Chambers was) and has still averaged over 17 yards per catch and has been a huge playmaker for OSU. Remember the Purdue game last year where he caught the game winning 37 yard pass on 4th and 1? Also the 4th and 14 catch in the National Championship.

I think he'd be a great pickup in the second or third. He'll be a better pro than he was in college.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
I like Lee Evans more. He doesn't have Michael Jenkins's size, but he's faster and a more productive player.

I haven't seen Jenkins make many game changing plays. I have seen Lee Evans make some game changing plays.

evans is yatil green #2... i'll pass on a guy who is 50/50 at becomming a busted pick because of his busted leg.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
someone who miami was projected to get (early mock drafts).

He's kinda slipped off the radar as a 1st rounder because his offense is crap. He's playing right now, but i've seen a few games this season, and he seems to make plays.

6'5" wideout with speed, and sure hands. his worst quality is he tends to round off his routes like chambers did/does when he came out of college. although he also had great instincts for a WR. Another thing is he kills 2 birds with 1 stone, because he can return punts. although he is still new to it (took over around mid-season, and his first one he ran for a TD) he shakes and bakes like sanders looking for that gap.

He is the perfect size, with pretty good speed. i wouldn't mind him being a WR for the dolphins.

As much as I like Jenkins the O-line should be priority in this draft !

Marino1983

Someone will get a steal in Jenkins. Stats never blew anyone away, but in the last 3 years Ohio State hasn't had the offense for him to shine. Case in point, if you saw Krenzel's 2 INT's tonight, both could have been easy Jenkins TD's, for he had his man beat each time.

At 6'5, and those hands, I am drooling at the thought of Chambers/jenkins.

Ideal situation would be to get another first rounder, use that one on BPA, trade down with the 20th pick and try and get a second rounder and take Jenkins with our traded down pick. Sounds to good to be true though.

Re: Re: Michael Jenkins

Originally posted by Marino1983

As much as I like Jenkins the O-line should be priority in this draft !

Marino1983

miami needs to build for right now. lineman hardly have an impact right away. or less then a WR which is what miami needs.

miami has a young line anyway. McKninney, Nails, Smith are the future core, and they're all under 30.

Re: Re: Re: Michael Jenkins

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

miami needs to build for right now. lineman hardly have an impact right away. or less then a WR which is what miami needs.

miami has a young line anyway. McKninney, Nails, Smith are the future core, and they're all under 30.

I agree 100%. OL is something that needs to be upgraded via FA.

I too like the future of this OL, I expect Smith, McKinney, and Nails to all be noticabely better in 2004...considering Wade and Seth's inexperience, and Jamie's injury, thats not to much to expect.

The question remains will Todd Wade leave, and can we upgrade at the LG, or RG positions should Jamie be moved there, through FA.

If your plan is to sign Adam Timmerman or Bennie Anderson(BAL) the answer is yes.

No team should ever go into a draft looking for immediate answers.

Micheal Jenkins is a real good receiver. He may not be first round(Rashaun Woods bandwagon), but he is a darn goodey. He really plays in a run first offense as Chambers did, but they are different receivers.

Jenkins makes the catch, has nice size, and in the offense Norv Turner has is the perfect receiver(tall guys with some good speed), and has more speed than you would think. He is definitely not slow.

Back
Top Bottom