Michael Jenkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Jenkins

Originally posted by Jaj
Micheal Jenkins is a real good receiver. He may not be first round(Rashaun Woods bandwagon), but he is a darn goodey. He really plays in a run first offense as Chambers did, but they are different receivers.

Jenkins makes the catch, has nice size, and in the offense Norv Turner has is the perfect receiver(tall guys with some good speed), and has more speed than you would think. He is definitely not slow.

if Woods falls to miami, i don't think theres a doubt miami will take him. he's a great WR.

There is a good chance as of now. Either him, Clayton, or Evans. Woods is a playmaker.

Re: Re: Re: Michael Jenkins

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

miami needs to build for right now. lineman hardly have an impact right away. or less then a WR which is what miami needs.

miami has a young line anyway. McKninney, Nails, Smith are the future core, and they're all under 30.

As it has been since JJ was the h-c,, the f-o doesn't seem to think spending large amounts of the cap on the o-line..

Maybe with a real GM this will change but I doubt it ..

The Dolphins have not drafted any proven quality o- lineman since Webb & Sims ....

Marino1983

I really don't see how even miami couldn't get a top WR out of this draft!! There is so many good ones this year!

Originally posted by Cranx
My guess is that there is about an ice cube's chance in the lower hot lands that Miami drafts a WR in the first round unless they pick up a second pick as the result of some other team signing Ogun. There are simply too many other needs to be addressed on the offense for the 'Fins to spend a pick on a luxury like another WR.

That sounds crazy too me. Too many needs to take a WR? WR isn't a top priority? Watch all 16 games over again. #2 WR is a HUGE need on this team and this draft is LOADED.

I agree, not only is a second wide receiver a big priority but with this draft the wide receivers are loaded, unlike anything i've ever seen before. Kind of like the cornerback free agent class this year, amazing.

I hope fitzgerald finds a way into the draft so that a top team can take him and one of the better WRs could fall to us. I'm still pulling for a team in the 10-15 range to take Ogun and give us a shot at say a reggie williams, but i would have no problem with woods, or evans at the 20th

I have been singing his praises from the begining. He would be a great compliment. Catches with his hands, great size and speed, Moss like deceptiveness with (and more importantly) without the ball, great insticts etc. If we get a shot at him we should take it. He suffers from a poor QB and anemic offense but could be great.

I have a feeling Evans will drop some due to the injury. He didn't look quite the same this year as he did in the past.

Originally posted by seble24
I have a feeling Evans will drop some due to the injury. He didn't look quite the same this year as he did in the past.

wouldn't be shocked he wasn't drafted outside the 1st round... if i'm ANY team in the NFL, i'll leave him alone till the 2nd day of the draft...

I wouldnt be surprised if we took him, and i wouldnt be disappointed if woods wasnt there either since ive seen evans play several times and a full year under his belt after the injury he should be even stronger, plus hes been playing with chambers since high school so it would be good for him to already come in and know someone successful that he thinks highly of, they could work together, and we know evans will work hard.

wouldn't be shocked he wasn't drafted outside the 1st round... if i'm ANY team in the NFL, i'll leave him alone till the 2nd day of the draft...

2nd day? Lee Evans at worst is a second round pick, and he most likely will go in the first round.

Blueprint_21 where are you getting this from. He might have an injury history but that does not push him into second day and with the tremendous season he has had at worst yes he is a second round pick.

Re: Re: Re: Michael Jenkins

miami needs to build for right now. lineman hardly have an impact right away. or less then a WR which is what miami needs.

miami has a young line anyway. McKninney, Nails, Smith are the future core, and they're all under 30.

You're saying that O-lineman rarely have big impacts and then you tout a WR as the answer in the draft? Come on! Since 2000 you can literally count, on one hand, the number of WR's that have had any type of meaningful impact on their team during their first year in the NFL. Boldin and Andre Johnson this year, nobody last year, Chris Chambers the year before that, and not a single one in 2000.

So there have been three receivers in the last four drafts, out of probably close to 100 taken that have done jack squat during their first year in the league. You might want to go back and rethink your argument and post some sort of retraction when you're done.

Back
Top Bottom