Michael Olivera article? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Olivera article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodleman

Starter
Reaction score
How can you post that drivel on the main page by Michael Oliva? Seriously, is this a football site or a moral crusade. If he wants to make a commentary on football then do so.....the reality that he laces his commentary with right-wing, neo-conservative talk is reprehensible. Who the hell is he to criticize someone character or who they are? A piece of advice, if you want this to be a site about morals and who is a good person or bad then you should advertise it in advance. I enjoy this site in general but reading that guys article really makes me question what it is that is supposed to be discussed on this site. Before I start getting these blurbs about ricky this or traylor don't waste your time I have heard it all before. I find it interesting that he points out guys who have done bad things without mentioning guys like Ronnie Brown or Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor. OOOhh wait Taylor was getting divorced...that must mean he is a BAD person. The reality that Ricky Williams is being lambasted because he smoked weed is amusing. Hey Michael last time I checked being a pot head DOESN't make you a bad person. Along those lines, the fact that you can post that crap without knowing any of these people personally is amusing. Who the hell are you to make a judgement on somebody? As far as Williams goes, he is not a bad person as you seem to think, if you ever listened to him or those that have played with him you may know that but don't waste your time posting a commentary and clouding your drivel with the facts. Finheaven, I love this site and most of the fans that I have read from but that article goes too far.....stick to the football

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, I was just thinking the same thing. And, praising Wanny over Saban because of character choices? Look at some of the players Wanny put on this team. (Jimmy Johnson as well).

don't call people out in a thread. PM him and discuss. he isn't wrong for having his opinion, he is entitled and if you disagree...be respectful.

I don't think I was disrepectful. I said a commentary should be based on football not moral issues. I didn't call him a name or insult his intelligence at all. How am I being disrespectful?

Noodleman said:
How can you post that drivel on the main page by Michael Oliva? Seriously, is this a football site or a moral crusade. If he wants to make a commentary on football then do so.....the reality that he laces his commentary with right-wing, neo-conservative talk is reprehensible. Who the hell is he to criticize someone character or who they are? A piece of advice, if you want this to be a site about morals and who is a good person or bad then you should advertise it in advance. I enjoy this site in general but reading that guys article really makes me question what it is that is supposed to be discussed on this site. Before I start getting these blurbs about ricky this or traylor don't waste your time I have heard it all before. I find it interesting that he points out guys who have done bad things without mentioning guys like Ronnie Brown or Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor. OOOhh wait Taylor was getting divorced...that must mean he is a BAD person. The reality that Ricky Williams is being lambasted because he smoked weed is amusing. Hey Michael last time I checked being a pot head DOESN't make you a bad person. Along those lines, the fact that you can post that crap without knowing any of these people personally is amusing. Who the hell are you to make a judgement on somebody? As far as Williams goes, he is not a bad person as you seem to think, if you ever listened to him or those that have played with him you may know that but don't waste your time posting a commentary and clouding your drivel with the facts. Finheaven, I love this site and most of the fans that I have read from but that article goes too far.....stick to the football

I'm not going to say I agree with the article, but I will say Williams is a bad person, three kids, fought or ran as to not have to pay child support all three times, ran out on his team. It's a lot deeper then just pot!

And its not Mikes decision if its on the front page, its the Admin, take it up with them in a PM, you will get further.

Also, I am doing the same thing he did. I took an opportunity to disagree with some of thpoints he made...I see nothing wrong with that

GRT8 said:
don't call people out in a thread. PM him and discuss. he isn't wrong for having his opinion, he is entitled and if you disagree...be respectful.

Call people out? I can't speak for noodle but looks like he was just responding to the article practically calling Nick Saban, Ricky Williams, Randy McMichael and others out. More one sided drivel that the author knows won't even be acknowledged (and rightfully so) by the ones he's calling out.

Noodleman said:
I don't think I was disrepectful. I said a commentary should be based on football not moral issues. I didn't call him a name or insult his intelligence at all. How am I being disrespectful?

here's how...did you write this?

I believe he has earned his right to his opinion....I know he started the idea of the VIP room...and who knows may have helped in starting this whole fan site.

fishypete said:
I believe he has earned his right to his opinion....I know he started the idea of the VIP room...and who knows may have helped in starting this whole fan site.

thank you! exactly!!!!!

Noodleman said:

You need to educate yourself a little better. Questioning someone's character has nothing to do with "right-wing neoconservative" viewpoints.
Although those who fail to criticize any form of bad behavior would fall into the far-left secular progressive school of thought. :evil:
I read the article and I din't consider it political in the least, just opinionated and that is an extension of his personality, not his political ideology.

GRT8 said:
thank you! exactly!!!!!

I guess I should have added this....99.9% of everything you'll read here is opinion....and should be treated as such.....read...think...make up your own mind.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm not going to say I agree with the article, but I will say Williams is a bad person, three kids, fought or ran as to not have to pay child support all three times, ran out on his team. It's a lot deeper then just pot!

And its not Mikes decision if its on the front page, its the Admin, take it up with them in a PM, you will get further.
ricky needs head doctor help

fishypete said:

And there you have it, Michael Oliva is GOD!!! :rolleyes2

Can we go back to Football now?? I for one can't wait for Ricky to get back ( I still got 300 "R&R is good for the soul" shirts left):goof:

McMike feels bad enough about what happen Sunday. He is the only guy that had the balls to say "HE" let everybody down.:(

And by the way GOD, watch out cause Nick Saban wants your job:allhail:

Noodleman said:

I'll asume you know Ricky Williams personally. I don't really care about character in players but many coaches do and they would not accept guys like Ricky Williams back. Some of the actions of the other guys has had no effect on the field but Ricky being suspended twice and quiting has had a negative effect thus it is football related. The Minnesota Vikings cut ties with Koren Robinson and he's a very good football player after they gave him an opportunity to prove himself. He said all the right things was a pro bowler and then got another DUI and was released. Even Marvin Lewis has criticized the likes of Chris Henry and has put a muzzle on Chad Johnson. I do like to hear Johnson and those are his own words. It's not really a moral issue at all it is Saban having the most undependable player maybe in the league and still depending upon him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom