**** Michigan Football **** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

I'm ready to narrow it down to 2. The first is obvious. It's Harbaugh's job unless he decides to stay in the NFL. When asked at a PC about the Michigan job he said he is only thinking about his job. Interesting that he didn't say he is not interested. That only confirms what we know and that he is very much interested. But, it's not certain he wants to leave the NFL. Until he says he is not interested he is the next coach.

Should Jim say no then I believe it will be Jim Mora Jr. This is based off of Cowherd letting out there is a surprise that no one is talking about and that Michigan fans would love. Cowherd has a relationship with people close to 3 of the biggest agents. Jimmy Sexton (none bigger) is Mora Jrs agent and Cowherd is a west coast guy. Interestingly, Courtney Morgan serves on Mora Jrs staff and lo and behold, Mike DeBord (interim head coach) was on the Seahaks staff when Mora Jr was both assistant and the head coach. That's 2 connections from Mora Jr to Michigan. I would be almost as excited about Mora Jr as I would Harbaugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Mora Jr. would be a good get, IMO.

I think he's a good coach and he really seems to have the right temperament for getting through to college kids.

The Fins fan in me wants Harbaugh to coach the Fins not the Wolverines. But the college football fan in me wants to see a Harbaugh led Michigan team versus a Meyer led Ohio State team every year in the Big 10. It would also change my notion that the Big 10 is Urban Meyer's playground and all you other Big 10 teams are just living in it.

The Fins fan in me wants Harbaugh to coach the Fins not the Wolverines. But the college football fan in me wants to see a Harbaugh led Michigan team versus a Meyer led Ohio State team every year in the Big 10. It would also change my notion that the Big 10 is Urban Meyer's playground and all you other Big 10 teams are just living in it.
Adding Harbaugh would certainly strengthen the B1G but there is still a long way to go. You know the conference officials are hoping Harbaugh goes back to college, especially after Nebraska failed so badly.

I think James Franklin will help as he's a great recruiter so Penn State will be talented, and it doesn't matter who Wisconsin has as long as they keep finding RBs.

If Michigan makes a good hire I think you'll see OSU,Sparty, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin constantly as top 25 teams again. I Think Nebraska, Minny, Iowa, and Northwestern will go back to being those teams that hover around .500 that can compete for a Big 10 title with a good senior class every 3-4 years (well... maybe not Iowa anymore). The rest are gonna be the guys being glad to reach a bowl

Report that Stoops, Mullen, Jones and Mora have all been contacted and politely declined. Les has yet to be contacted so at this point, all their eggs are in the Harbaugh basket.

Confirmation received that !ichigan has reached out to Les Miles. It's not known if they are gauging interest and if so, how Les responded. Insiders maintain that Jim Harbaugh remains very interested and salary numbers are starting to be rumored. The NFL guys and Michigan insiders are at opposite ends of the spectrum on this. I'm far more inclined to believe the guys that are close to Harbaugh and not Sheffter or Rapaport.

Please tell me this isn't true Michigan guys:

[tweet]542530842455588865[/tweet]

No offer just gauged his interest. Hadn't heard he said he wasn't interested. I have heard there are 14 guys they are contacting but not sure who all is included. After the last two searches they are going to be very thorough this time around.

It is not true. Michigan reached out to Cutcliffe to see what his interest would be, and those close to him said they doubt he'd leave Duke. Just like people saying there's mutual interest with Greg Schiano, but it's come out that it's mostly been Schiano trying to put his name out. Or how someone just said Michigan contacted Jay Gruden but it was the other way around.

No offer just gauged his interest. Hadn't heard he said he wasn't interested. I have heard there are 14 guys they are contacting but not sure who all is included. After the last two searches they are going to be very thorough this time around.

Based on tidbits from Balas names that have for sure been contacted are...

Jim Harbaugh
Les Miles
Sean Payton
Steve Addazio
David Cutcliffe
Jim Mora Jr

David Cutcliffe is in a fantastic position here in Durham. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up taking a bigger job, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he turned them down.

It is not true. Michigan reached out to Cutcliffe to see what his interest would be, and those close to him said they doubt he'd leave Duke. Just like people saying there's mutual interest with Greg Schiano, but it's come out that it's mostly been Schiano trying to put his name out. Or how someone just said Michigan contacted Jay Gruden but it was the other way around.

Based on tidbits from Balas names that have for sure been contacted are...

Jim Harbaugh
Les Miles
Sean Payton
Steve Addazio
David Cutcliffe
Jim Mora Jr

Steve Addazio is a fantastic coach. Give him the Michigan name to recruit with and you guys would be playing with fire on that me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom