**** Michigan Football **** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

another issue from last year, We ran 3 different blocking schemes (outside zone, power, then inside zone) the OL was confused as hell. Then the backs had to much responsibilities.

Derrick Green played at 27% body fat last year, he's down to 9% this year.

MgoBlog seems to be expecting HUGE things from Willie Henry (who flashed amazing strength as a RS Frosh). Like they're talking Brandon Graham levels of beast mode.

I'm excited on the defensive side. A healthy Jake Ryan moving inside, CBs pressing at the line. I like that Mattison is going to be more aggressive. Will probably draw more penalties but Sparty's success is based on physical play and to beat good teams, you have to play physical. I thought the defense was far to conservative last year. I don't think there is any doubt the defense is going to have to carry them

The OL is the root of this teams problems and it it makes no sense how something that has always been a strength is the weakest unit on the team.

I'll take average on the OL. Fact is that they're insanely undersized inside. Magnuson should be a tackle (and had he not got hurt, he'd probably be the LT), but he's one of our best linemen and has to play. It sounds like even if Glasgow didn't get suspended Jack Miller was winning the center job over him. Personally think both are holding the fort down till Kugler is ready.

And the D has mad potential in the front 7. If Pipkins is healthy from the ACL tear him and Henry could/should be an excellent DT combo.

Average should be enough to get to 9 wins and a good bowl game.

I didn't realize they moved Funchess outside. Not sure who they are moving inside but their blocking can't be worse than Funchess'. Sounds as if Nussie has simplified blocking assignments for the RBs as well.

I really need to get caught up.

Funchess has been given the number 1 Jersey. A lot of people are expecting the kind of production (and speed) from him that will result in him being a first round pick at WR.

And any production from the TE spot until Jake Butt is healthy (late October) will be considered a victory for me

Nice opening drive. Gardner impressed me with his poise and decision making. Interior OL not generating much push. Green looks good but damn if he goes down on first contact.

OL good push on that second drive. Funchess is a beast.

Can't remember the last time I saw a leg that strong on FGs.

Just in one game the difference in how Devin plays is 100 times better. Hopefully he can keep that up.

Other receivers flashed. Glad they're actually using Norfleet on offense.

Those screens with Norfleet and Funchess will open up the middle.

What a difference with the OL when Kalis came in. Hopefully his back is a minor issue.

Going to be interesting where Glasgow fits in.

Still a very young team.

Kyle Bosch is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team. Rumors are he's dealing with depression.

Another unimpressive display on the offensive side of the ball. Devin Gardner is not a competent QB. Different OC and a lot of the same problems. Confusion between plays, not getting out of the huddle, inability to read a defense. Brady Hoke is going to go down with Gardner and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This game against Utah could get real ugly real quick.

It could, or it could not. Some of the issues are youth. The OL had some issues early as did the RBs but as we got in a groove they got in a groove.

Now Devin does have issues. The INT was tipped yes, but he left a lot of plays on the field because he locks in on somebody (yesterday was Darboh) and it was a pass he shouldn't have thrown. And to be fair to Darboh, I think it was fairly clear his knee was down on his fumble.

Defense is doing good enough that they could keep the game close IF the offense doesn't stall like it did against Notre Dame. 31-0 was not a fair score for the defense that was really just on the field too much.

If rumors are to be believed, Devin is on a much shorter leash now. Hopefully he realizes that he has multiple targets because a healthy Funchess,Butt,Darboh, and Norfleet (with guys like Cheeson and Canteen developing) should be the recipe for an explosive passing game.

the MGoBlog main writer does like the progress the offense is making (at least in his charts).

Also didn't realize that Royce Jenkins-Stone has passed James Ross on the depth chart at SAM.

Back
Top Bottom