**** Michigan Football **** | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

Time to bring this thread back a bit just some updates from connections I made. And some updates

New assistants Josh Gattis, Ben McDaniels, Anthony Campanile, and Shaun Nua have been breaths of fresh air both with the team and recruiting. The feeling was that some of the techniques being taught were very outdated and didn't put players in position to succeed. That does fall on Harbaugh as well, but he (allegedly) noticed the issue early last year but it was too late to make big changes. Nua and Gattis are getting the most love. Nua partly because of Mattison going to Ohio State but the feeling was Mattison was getting too rigid in what he wanted out of his pass rushers. Gattis has brought a much needed update to the offense. I was for Pep when he got hired, but he lacked the creativity that Jedd Fisch brought to the staff.

Reactions: MD
I honestly haven't been following to close this off season. I'd like to see Dylan McCaffrey get substantial playing time as the gap between he and Shea is marginal. I'm excited to have gattis. Didn't care for Pep and as the last 2 years plodded along, you could see how much they missed Fisch.

I honestly haven't been following to close this off season. I'd like to see Dylan McCaffrey get substantial playing time as the gap between he and Shea is marginal. I'm excited to have gattis. Didn't care for Pep and as the last 2 years plodded along, you could see how much they missed Fisch.

That's the one thing I always go back to. People say it is Jim's offense and while he does deserve blame. You never heard any issues until we hired Pep... and there are enough stories out there about how Pep didnt coach the WRs when he first got brought in and how he just wanted to become a head coach. Dunno how Gattis will be but he seems much more well liked than Pen

Not thrilled with how Shea looked or the young OTs but I think the sloppiness overall was a bit overblown. Team obviously used the game to experiment and use younger players all over the field.

That being said Shea missed a lot of reads

That was stressful though I dont think all issues are indicative of the team being overrated yet. Most of the issues come down to Shea Patterson just needing to be better with his reads and his ball security

Just going to throw this out there but I can’t help but wonder if Michigan’s and the Dolphins seasons aren’t tied together concerning Harbaugh.

Just going to throw this out there but I can’t help but wonder if Michigan’s and the Dolphins seasons aren’t tied together concerning Harbaugh.

Nope.

Also the team confirmed that Patterson has been hurt which makes playing him pointless. RPOs don't work if you dont keep the ball occasionally

Nope.

Also the team confirmed that Patterson has been hurt which makes playing him pointless. RPOs don't work if you dont keep the ball occasionally
Maybe you dismiss it to easily. If Harbaugh loses to Sparty, Wiscy, Notre Dame, Penn State and Ohio State this year, which is a real possibility, fans and boosters will accept a change easily. And now word comes out Shea played hurt begs the question why McCaffery didn't play.

I told my sons over the summer that this could be Jimmy's worst year in Ann Arbor and don't be surprised if they go 8-4 or 7-5.

I think Harbaugh made a critical mistake hiring Josh Gattis. You could see today that the offense flowed the way Harbaugh would call it. All the talk of speed in space was pretty much just talk.

Very disappointing but I had a bad feeling about this season. The last 5 games, starting with Ohio State, this team has been off. Can’t help but wonder if the lack of success in big games has taken its toll.

Back
Top Bottom