Midseason Record Expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Midseason Record Expectations

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Right before the season began. I seen a bunch of Dolphins fans give out their expectations of what our record should be before the bye week…

I don’t recall anyone expecting 7-2 or better. If anything I recall more people expecting 5-4 or 6-3 especially when factoring in Ramsey’s injury…

Now we are officially 6-3 heading into our bye week but there’s a bunch of fans already giving up on this team because of our losses to legit teams on the road…..

Basically every fan hoped we would be in this situation before the season began but now since we are here. A bunch of fans seem to be overreacting and acting like the sky is falling 🤦‍♂️

Those aren't fans. Most are just people who find some sort of emotional fulfillment by bitching about everything. Place these keyboard warriors in any real action and they are curled up in fetal position whimpering for mommy. The others (some I respect) seemed to be extremely drunk when they posted.

And you are correct that pre-season, all of us would have been thrilled to have our record.

The regular season is completely irrelevant, that’s what college football fans don’t understand about this league. All that matters in the NFL is how you perform in the playoffs as a team, against quality opponents. Doesn’t look good right now, McDaniel and Tua have a lot of s*** to figure out because my boys on defense balled the f*** out today and it was wasted because of the offense. Still love X Howard and we better pay Christian Wilkins. Heart and soul of the defense.

Last edited:
The regular season is completely irrelevant, that’s what college football fans don’t understand about this league. All that matters in the NFL is how you perform in the playoffs as a team, against quality opponents. Doesn’t look good right now, McDaniel and Tua have a lot of s*** to figure out because my boys on defense balled the f*** out today and it was wasted because of the offense. Still love X Howard and we better pay Christian Wilkins. Heart and soul of the defense.

Did Wilkins play today?

You're right. The board is moderately overly optimistic after wins, and severely pessimistic after loses. I think I chimed in preseason predicting 6-3 at the bye. I thought between LA, Bills, Giants, Eagles, and KC, we'd go 2-3, and win the rest. Yes I thought the Chargers and Giants would be much better than they've been 😂. I think the Titans are tougher with Levis, and the Raiders are tougher with Josh McD gone (much), and the Jets are much better than I thought they'd be after Rogers achilles. None of these will be easier than Giants, or Panthers at home. But yes I'm OK (maybe not delighted) with 6-3 and healthy Tua.

Right before the season began. I seen a bunch of Dolphins fans give out their expectations of what our record should be before the bye week…

I don’t recall anyone expecting 7-2 or better. If anything I recall more people expecting 5-4 or 6-3 especially when factoring in Ramsey’s injury…

Now we are officially 6-3 heading into our bye week but there’s a bunch of fans already giving up on this team because of our losses to legit teams on the road…..

Basically every fan hoped we would be in this situation before the season began but now since we are here. A bunch of fans seem to be overreacting and acting like the sky is falling 🤦‍♂️
I don’t really think people are giving up on the team. People are frustrated.

And it always comes down to how we’ve arrived at 6-3. Would most people have accepted 6-3 after 9 games? Probably. But, we were 5-1. We’ve wasted opportunities. When you start 5-1, you begin to consider special things being possible. Then you get let down, as usual.

A lot of posters have negative knee jerk reactions after losses, because as we all know it ****ing blows.

By the time Wednesday comes most of the negative Nancies have moved on to the next week, or disappear till we lose again.

The pessimism and "our team is trash" takes after losses(and even after some wins) are usually the same posters...just shows what type of fans they are, shitty ones. It's more of a reflection on the type of person the fan is rather than the team.

I find myself feeling pretty good and confident

Both against the egirls and the chiefs :
We have had basically every call go against us and yet we were still very much in it at the end of both games

Offense has been struggling but we have 2 returning injured players and 2 starting guards out, it showed

Now with the bye week we are getting healthy in a hurry and will have our rb’s back and that is a good set up for the second half of the season

To your point, I don’t care who made what predictions, it’s the style of play on the field. It hasn’t been good against good physical teams. It’s the same mistakes over over and over again and not correcting them. So, based on our personnel and what they’ve showed early in the season I expect better. This team gets a C grade as far as I’m concerned. There are some great things that have happened and Tua has grown but still they are playing below their potential. Coaching needs to improve greatly

6-3 is a good record. I think that there are two side here, those who live in fantasy land and those who live in the real world. In the 3 loses McD looked clueless and the team was unprepared. Miami had gotten to Germany on Monday whereas the Chiefs got there on Friday. If anyone was going to be jet lagged it should have been KC. Yet Miami comes out looking clueless. Defense stepped up after the first drive and then shutdown KC. However, the offense never looked good. McD’s play calling vs KC and other winning teams is questionable. He gets way too “cute” and there seems to be issues getting the play in.

Tua is a completely different QB against teams with winning records now. Against loser teams, I’m pretty confident Tua will convert a 3 and even 15. But when he plays teams that actually have a good DC, he seems to panic out there. I saw him on multiple occasions look around in a panic and almost threw a pick 6 when he passed to Mostert. Whereas is you watch other QBs like Joe B, last night vs Buffalo, a team that wrecked us, Joe was always calm and got it done. I saw on several occasions where the refs would backup Cinnci on 3rd but Joe was calm and made the play and ran for the first when there was no one open.

Now, the fantasy land fans will continue to live in the clouds and say, we’ll play KC again in the AFC championship and then go on to win the Superbowl. They will be on their knees for McD and Tua, the so called greatest duo ever. Look, it’s time to wake up, if this team can’t beat teams with records >.500 what makes you think think will get a playoff win? Everyone in the playoffs has a winning record therefore Miami will be a first round elimination. Miami’s weaknesses will be exposed even more wildcard round.

Well let's just get in and have a chance to prove ourselves . I'm gonna keep my thoughts on us getting better . So at this point I'll take 1st place in the afc east and hope to see even more improvement in the 2nd half of the season.
🐻

I get versus better teams the offense won't be Madden like.
Games will be tighter, minus the Bills game, and will come down to a few possessions.

Just that when they've faced teams they will probably face in the playoffs*, they've struggled and lost. I know injuries have hurt the offense, but it seems like any adjustments take too long to get going. The defense **** the bed early on, but then locked down. A bad turnover made it a 0-21 hole, but they kept their composure and got it to an one score game.
Just seems like we see more gaffes from key players and some discipline issues. Everyone thinks the refs are out to get their team.

6-3 is a very good record, not upset at that. Just somewhat "concerned" that they can't play up to par versus the big dogs of the league.

*Eagles Superbowl if both get that far.

Back
Top Bottom