Midseason Record Expectations | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Midseason Record Expectations

All I want is a Playoff berth. That’s it. My expectations as a life long fan are low. 7 seed or 1 seed I don’t care. I’d like to witness a Playoff game where our starting QB plays and not a backup(Moore, Skylar). If we win the division then we get a home game and I’d be thrilled.

I just want to experience the Playoffs more than once a decade. Just get in and it’s a new season.

Right before the season began. I seen a bunch of Dolphins fans give out their expectations of what our record should be before the bye week…

I don’t recall anyone expecting 7-2 or better. If anything I recall more people expecting 5-4 or 6-3 especially when factoring in Ramsey’s injury…

Now we are officially 6-3 heading into our bye week but there’s a bunch of fans already giving up on this team because of our losses to legit teams on the road…..

Basically every fan hoped we would be in this situation before the season began but now since we are here. A bunch of fans seem to be overreacting and acting like the sky is falling 🤦‍♂️
If you had told me before the season that the Dolphins would be 6-3 after the first 9 games, I would have said, great.

While I am a bit disappointed that the three losses came against the best teams on their schedule so far. The fact is the Dolphins won the games they were expected to win and I am still happy with their 6-3 record at this time.

I will be just as happy if they go 6-2 or 5-3 over their last 8 games. A 12-5 or 11-6 record should be enough to get them into the playoffs and once they are in, they have the talent to win against any team if they just have their main players injury free.

I don't think 6-3 is the issue. Imagine if we lost one of those games to the Pats or the Chargers but managed to pull this game out 24-21 in OT. We would have the same 6-3 record but we would be feeling a lot better about this team.

I don't think 6-3 is the issue. Imagine if we lost one of those games to the Pats or the Chargers but managed to pull this game out 24-21 in OT. We would have the same 6-3 record but we would be feeling a lot better about this team.
I feel fine right now. The team is getting healthy, the defense is getting better and now they have an extra week off to heal even more.

Personally I would have felt bad if they had lost to a team they were expected to win against. They have won all those games so far and other than the Bills games, they just made too many errors in the Eagles and Chiefs games.

Get those mistakes taken care of over the second half of the season and the Dolphins will be right back in the playoffs and be a better team than they have been the past 9 weeks.

You’re not getting a bye with 5-6 losses. And we’re now two games behind the Chiefs for that bye. And also behind the Ravens and Jaguars. We play the Ravens and they have a battle on their hands with intra-division games, but it is going to be extremely difficult (and unlikely) to pass the Chiefs for the bye.

Well, I said they're on pace to win 11 or 12 games, that does not mean that if finally they get everything working (Offense after bye starts again hitting stride, Defense continues to her better, Achane, and those that are knicked up, come back playing up to their potential), they will not get more then 12 wins.

Chiefs still have to play Eagles, Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers.

Only 2 teams ahead of Miami for the 2nd bye are Ravens (We still play them), and Jaguars/Ravens play each other.

It won't be easy (Especially with our remaining schedule compared to others), but not only are we still in a good shape to get a bye, we still have a chance at #1 position in playoffs.

Well, I said they're on pace to win 11 or 12 games, that does not mean that if finally they get everything working (Offense after bye starts again hitting stride, Defense continues to her better, Achane, and those that are knicked up, come back playing up to their potential), they will not get more then 12 wins.

Chiefs still have to play Eagles, Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Chargers.

Only 2 teams ahead of Miami for the 2nd bye are Ravens (We still play them), and Jaguars/Ravens play each other.

It won't be easy (Especially with our remaining schedule compared to others), but not only are we still in a good shape to get a bye, we still have a chance at #1 position in playoffs.
The #1 position is the only one that gets a bye these days.

Back
Top Bottom