Mike Gesicki For President 2019 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki For President 2019

I don’t think Gase was trying to sabotage the dude, but rather prepare him for the NFL and make him realize that he needs to be a half assed blocker to be a good all around TE

I would disagree with that only because taco eyes Gase made gesicki block more then any other te in the league last year IIRC

He's a long strider who was rarely used properly. He's never going to be Gronk, but he can certainly be used in a 12 formation. I'd love to see him add some bulk and see what can be done with him.

I am of the opinion he is one of the people that will be helped most by Flores's emphasis on fundamentals.

I would disagree and say gesicki runs more like a gazelle

I am saying gesickis stride should be compared to the elegance and grace in which a gazelle's stride represents.

giphy.gif

He gave me a few good laughs last year. I will give Mike that much.

I agree all the way. Hes going to be an All Pro TE starting next season. Kid has it all, speed, fluidity, catching radius, hands and even the best looks.

Guaranteed superstar.

Well I wasn't impressed with how Gase used any of his Tight Ends to be frank. It was like Miami didn't even have one on the Roster and before you say they were all terrible, well the amount of production transcended terrible players and went to not being utilized at all. Even teams with similar talent at TE seemed to put up much better numbers in terms of production.

Gesicki needs to improve.....a lot but so does the basic concepts of TE in an offense.

I'm with you @Blackcreekbandit the criticism of Gesicki has been very odd. The kid has immense ability and athleticism, works really hard, and was being dramatically re-trained from a WR/Move-TE to Gase's attempted complete TE. I still think that becoming more of a complete TE is the best thing for his development … but expecting him to adjust to the NFL as a rookie AND learn how to block in one season is simply asking too much of a rookie TE.

Mike Gesicki was and remains an excellent prospect. He is going to be very good. No, he isn't Gronkowski … and neither is any other TE …. ever. But, he can become what Jimmy Graham was in his prime, and people writing off Mike Gesicki because they didn't realize he had a good rookie season … it just doesn't make any sense. Have faith … watch him develop. Enjoy Mike Gesicki becoming a very good TE for the Miami Dolphins … an asset that I can't remember the Dolphins having very often in the past.

Well I wasn't impressed with how Gase used any of his Tight Ends to be frank. It was like Miami didn't even have one on the Roster and before you say they were all terrible, well the amount of production transcended terrible players and went to not being utilized at all. Even teams with similar talent at TE seemed to put up much better numbers in terms of production.

Gesicki needs to improve.....a lot but so does the basic concepts of TE in an offense.
I think Gase's best work was with rb's after that I would say TE's. He had crap to work with, production was down. He made what we had serviceable when they weren't asked to block 99% of the time. Juluis Thomas was used well but between him not being able to catch and Cutler throwing him the ball, it looked bad on paper. Gesicki had his chances and performed like a practice squad TE.

I'm with you @Blackcreekbandit the criticism of Gesicki has been very odd. The kid has immense ability and athleticism, works really hard, and was being dramatically re-trained from a WR/Move-TE to Gase's attempted complete TE. I still think that becoming more of a complete TE is the best thing for his development … but expecting him to adjust to the NFL as a rookie AND learn how to block in one season is simply asking too much of a rookie TE.

Mike Gesicki was and remains an excellent prospect. He is going to be very good. No, he isn't Gronkowski … and neither is any other TE …. ever. But, he can become what Jimmy Graham was in his prime, and people writing off Mike Gesicki because they didn't realize he had a good rookie season … it just doesn't make any sense. Have faith … watch him develop. Enjoy Mike Gesicki becoming a very good TE for the Miami Dolphins … an asset that I can't remember the Dolphins having very often in the past.

It's frustration.

and I get it.

I think Gase's best work was with rb's after that I would say TE's. He had crap to work with, production was down. He made what we had serviceable when they weren't asked to block 99% of the time. Juluis Thomas was used well but between him not being able to catch and Cutler throwing him the ball, it looked bad on paper. Gesicki had his chances and performed like a practice squad TE.

I might buy the RB argument but as to the TE's no way. Gase didn't do Miami any favors at TE.

Back
Top Bottom