Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

Tannehill was terrible in that bowl game I watched against Northwestern who aren't any good...

I watched some of his games and the kid needs alot of work...

I'm not in the mood for a wait and see approach...

oh goodness Valandui is gonna cream his pants! :lol:

I like Mayock but on this decision I'll defer to Philbin and Sherman. They have first hand experience on these two guys and I'll trust their judgement.

does joe philbin wants to wait a couple years to see if mike mayock is maybe right, or try to start winning as soon as possible?

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of QBs better than Flynn.. likely including the QB we have on our roster right now in Moore

Flynn could be a huge gamble. He reminds of Fitzpatrick. The guy is a gamer, but his arm leaves a lot to be desired. There is a reason he was a 7th rd draft pick. I will defer to Philbin on this, but IMO I think the Phins would be better off with Tannehill or Weeden OR starting Matt Moore next season and drafting Osweiler in the 2nd or 3rd rd as a developmental prospect.
I honestly don't feel that Flynn is much of an upgrade (if any) over Moore, but he will cost the team MUCH more money against the cap.

Philbin will want his own QB and that will probably be Flynn. Moore doesn't fit a West Coast offense, not accurate enough.

The more I think about it, the more I see us trading down and taking Tannehill. But Skins are also on the radar and there is this talk about his stock rising and we all saw what happened last year.

Kid definitely has some more skillin to do. Has the tools and character. Needs coaching up and sit for a year. Its gonna be interesting this offseason.

Philbin will want his own QB and that will probably be Flynn. Moore doesn't fit a West Coast offense, not accurate enough.

lol.. :ponder:

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.

agreed philbin and sherman would know better than mayock on these 2 guys, they got the inside scoop. i wouldn't take osweiler in round 2 or 3, but i might reach on foles or coleman in round 3...

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.
I'm not basing it on stats. His ball placement is terrible, just as bad as Henne's.

Flynn is a no brainer. Nice deep ball touch, quick release, looks down the field for large chunks of yards, mobile. He's not the biggest, nor has a cannon, but he can go toe to toe with Tom Brady and already has. Plus Tom Brady is on the downward trend to his career, towards the direction to where Flynn will be at. Flynn is already more developed than skippy toed Sanchez in the pocket.

Flynn may never reach superstar status as a Qb, but there's no doubt he can be Top 10 caliber and with right bounces/breaks in the playoffs, we can win the Super Bowl. The margin for error won't be as great, but we'll at least have a margin. Something this team hasn't had since Marino.

Tannehill needs work and admittedly my own fear is with this but, there's a little bit of Henne in there too.

you're 100% right.. picture Matt Moore with:

1. an offseason
2. first team reps (he didnt get them until he started)
3. more playmakers added on both sides
4. better protection because his was the WORST
5. more chemistry with the team
6. and lastly... better coaching...

skies the limit really... well atleast it's one option we have. not a bad fall-back plan if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom