Mike Mayock on Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins: ‘You miss that one this whole r | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock on Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins: ‘You miss that one this whole r

Food for thought. Peyton Manning never beat the gators in his 4 years at Tennesee. Cutler played at Venderbilt and never had a winning season. Eli Manning played for Ole Miss which was a good but not great team. Flacco played for Delaware and I dount they could beat anyone good. Weeden played for Oklahoma State and beat all of the top QBs in this draft yet no one is talking about him becasue of his age. Marino threw lots of interceptions in his senior year and lost some big games.

I dont get this he did not beat the best teams. Lots of elite QBs could not beat the best teams in college.

Food for thought. Peyton Manning never beat the gators in his 4 years at Tennesee. Cutler played at Venderbilt and never had a winning season. Eli Manning played for Ole Miss which was a good but not great team. Flacco played for Delaware and I dount they could beat anyone good. Weeden played for Oklahoma State and beat all of the top QBs in this draft yet no one is talking about him becasue of his age. Marino threw lots of interceptions in his senior year and lost some big games. I dont get this he did not beat the best teams. Lots of elite QBs could not beat the best teams in college.
Flacco took U of D to the championship game in 2007 and set 20 school records during his career there.

Mayock, you drama queen. Selecting Tannehill might be the one thing to save this regime. This year's not going to be pretty. The one justification for another down year would be the idea that at least we were developing a high ceiling QB during that time.

“The whole key obviously is you’ve gotta be right about (Tannehill),” Mayock said. “You miss that one this whole regime is gone.”

Why isnt Mayock gone after he's missed on dozens of QB's, like insisting Blaine Gabbert was the best QB available in last year's draft.

Why isnt Mayock gone after he's missed on dozens of QB's, like insisting Blaine Gabbert was the best QB available in last year's draft.
I think if you followed Mayock you would see he misses some, however he hits on more then the others do. Also Mayock is not the only one that is saying it will take Tannehill a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some people are reading more into the quote than they should. It's a quote that can be used on anybody who drafts a first round QB. In general, if your first round QB doesn't work out, you aren't keeping your job unless you find other ways to win.

I was done with Mayock the moment he listed Earl Thomas ahead of the great Eric Berry.

Done. Finished.

Keep wasting 1st round picks on QBs til you get it right? Are you out of your mind? That will get GM's fired every 3 years. Makes no ****ing sense.

Lets keep picking Brady Quinns and by passing the next Patrick Willis. Thank god you and others aren't professional FO people. You would end up w/ a short career and the laughing stock of the league.

"KEEP" wasting 1st rd picks on QBs??? Have you lost your mind?? Wasn't Danny the last 1st round QB the fins drafted?? QB is by far the most important position on any NFL team and you are complaining that we have used too many 1st round picks on trying to get a good one by using one in the last 30 freaking years?? Wow jus ....WOW!!!!!

The money is not the only variable involved here. If you take Tannehill at # 1 and he bombs you seriously run the risk of missing out on a top notch NFL star at another position.
You have to evaluate every player and how they fit.
Taking a QB in the first round just to have one is very flawed logic.
That is suicide for every GM.
WRONG!!!! You can have superstars at every position and if your QB is Sanchez or some other bum you still are sitting at home watching the superbowl. Find a QB FIRST and then fill in everything else. We have been trying it your way for the last 30 years with no success. It's time to start drafting QBs with the first 3 picks if we have to but find players at other positions jus isn't important enough to HOPE the BPA just happens to be a QB. THAT is the flawed thinking. You have to PLAN for success, not just HOPE it happens.

Food for thought. Peyton Manning never beat the gators in his 4 years at Tennesee. Cutler played at Venderbilt and never had a winning season. Eli Manning played for Ole Miss which was a good but not great team. Flacco played for Delaware and I dount they could beat anyone good. Weeden played for Oklahoma State and beat all of the top QBs in this draft yet no one is talking about him becasue of his age. Marino threw lots of interceptions in his senior year and lost some big games.

I dont get this he did not beat the best teams. Lots of elite QBs could not beat the best teams in college.

VERY well said!!!! You sir are 100% correct. Some times you have to judge the talent of a QB by the system he is going into as much as the highlights of his college career. Anyone ever go check out some of Brady's college career?? He turned out pretty good in spite of a lack of college high spots.

Back
Top Bottom