Mike McMahon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike McMahon

Jim Thorpe looks good to me after having feilder for 4 years.

Yup, I have talked about him since last year. He is a mobile guy (Norv likes that), has a rocket arm (Norv Likes that) but is not Mr. Accurate. He is smart though. I would like him here, he could be our QB of the future. He grew up and went to same HS as our other favorite QB Dan Marino. I would like to see us go after him. He has skills, and If he had Chambers, he would put up nice numbers. Remember he had Hakim and Schroeder as his starters when he started.

Originally posted by chambers84
You people must be deadly deperate to inquire about the thought of taking Mike McMahon. I thought I had heard it all until this.

I like Mcmahon and he is cheaper with a good attitude. tough. can move. and he can throw. he hasnt had any wear. i think people only want big names. as buffalo found out, big names can give you big heartaches. Keep bringing up Mcmahon people. it is not a bad thing. some people just do not know what the hell they are talking about. big name, thats all anyone wants so they can brag all offseason. thats all that crap is about.

He has had some experience to boot, so he is like an experienced rookie.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Yup, I have talked about him since last year. He is a mobile guy (Norv likes that), has a rocket arm (Norv Likes that) but is not Mr. Accurate. He is smart though. I would like him here, he could be our QB of the future. He grew up and went to same HS as our other favorite QB Dan Marino. I would like to see us go after him. He has skills, and If he had Chambers, he would put up nice numbers. Remember he had Hakim and Schroeder as his starters when he started.

name 1 QB thats mobile whos done great in NT system?

Aikman- pocket passer
Johnson- pocket passer
Forotee (SP?)- pocket passer

i forgot the other guy... but i know he was a pocket passer. which is why in NT systen JF hardly runs anymore.

Originally posted by finfan54

I like Mcmahon and he is cheaper with a good attitude. tough. can move. and he can throw. he hasnt had any wear. i think people only want big names. as buffalo found out, big names can give you big heartaches. Keep bringing up Mcmahon people. it is not a bad thing. some people just do not know what the hell they are talking about. big name, thats all anyone wants so they can brag all offseason. thats all that crap is about.

He has had some experience to boot, so he is like an experienced rookie.

And he is in great shape. Marriuci made them run suicides I think he got like 104. I know he got over 100 and was 3 shy of breaking Jeff Garcia's record.

Call them crazy, but I know a couple of Lions fans who think McMahon has more potential than Harrington. The guy has the arm, the mobility, but will he ever be an accurate passer? That's a huge question. Maybe if we can't get the young QB that we want in the draft, we could go after him as the QB to develop(or compete) behing which ever veteran we have this season.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Call them crazy, but I know a couple of Lions fans who think McMahon has more potential than Harrington. The guy has the arm, the mobility, but will he ever be an accurate passer? That's a huge question. Maybe if we can't get the young QB that we want in the draft, we could go after him as the QB to develop(or compete) behing which ever veteran we have this season.

Exactly. Especially with the way Harrington was playing this year. Harrington is either a bust or a slow developer. He threw a crap load of INTs etc. etc.

Hmm, a Rutgers QB, i dont know if we want another one of those....

(see Ray Lucas)

Then again, I know the current starting Rutgers QB, used to play football with him... :lol:

McMahon looks like a good experimental guy for a team like Arizona...

HE has a lot of upside but I dont think Iwant him here...

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
McMahon? no thanks... i would rather have a vetren.

i don't really want holcomb. i don't really want any vetren but Manning. none of these guys (i believe) are capable of leading a team to a SB win.

Brunell- to old, and his body is giving in on him.

Warner- looks like Troy Aikman at the end of his career with all those concusions.

Garcia- doesn't fit into NT system, and isn't that good besides. he is a system guy. also he's been hurt too.

So, who do you want?..Jay Fiedler? This is as good as it gets.

why would you want mcmahon and not want shaun king? or even anthony wright? cause their black? lol, j/k, anthony wright is a free agent at the end of the season and so far he has played better than mcdahom

trade our entire defense for a whole new offense... vick. we get a running game and a passing game, we can always build a new defense, HAHAHAHAHA, naw, thats dumb

Originally posted by zeke0123
Jim Thorpe looks good to me after having feilder for 4 years.

Amen!!!!!!!!

I think Brunell would be a good fit for 1/ 2 years as we groom a young gun that would give Ricky some relief.

He is getiing older but his arm is fresh from not using it this year, he's got the maturity being a veteran and he still could move around.

Garcia, Warner don't fit but Holcomb sound interesting.

We should pass unless no QB is drafted. If we get him it should be inexpensive and should be to compete for a starting spot. I would not want to hand the reigns over (given that he is unproven) without an experienced vet also on the team. I do NOT mean Jay. He certainly hes upside and could be good but is virtually a rookie and would need a backup plan.

Originally posted by American Heart
why would you want mcmahon and not want shaun king? or even anthony wright? cause their black? lol, j/k, anthony wright is a free agent at the end of the season and so far he has played better than mcdahom
who said anything about race jesus christ they are better players that is it!! i dont want mcmahon but id take him over king or wright cause hes a better player period!! but if there was a choice over mcmahon or mcnair id take mcnair in a heartbeat its all about who is to choose from that is all!!

Originally posted by American Heart
trade our entire defense for a whole new offense... vick. we get a running game and a passing game, we can always build a new defense, HAHAHAHAHA, naw, thats dumb

You are right, that is dumb.

Back
Top Bottom