Mike Williams and Clarett could be in the draft after all... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Williams and Clarett could be in the draft after all...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ruth Bader Ginzburg has accepted the case presented by Clarett's lawyer, and has demanded the NFL present their written arguments by tomorrow morning. She can rule on it after reading Clarett's and the NFL's written arguments and by the looks of it plans to rule before the NFL draft.

I am guessing that she will overturn this newest ruling and allow Williams and Clarett to enter the draft.

This is good news for those who would like us to take a WR in the draft. Actually at the very least it means one of the top 19 players will fall to #20 so no matter what position we were thinking its still good news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1786876

I think its great news for us and everyone. Its only fair after the NFL basically invited Williams to make himself eligible. I cant see any reason to keep people out of the draft based on age or anything for that reason. If they should not be in the draft, THEY WONT GET DRAFTED. A few people will make themselves eligible when they shouldn't and loose money by getting drafted later than they thought or not get drafted at all. It will remedy itself. We do not need rules or courts to dictate it.
As for us, thats one more blue chip guy taken before us pushing another down to us. I heard there are about 20 blue chip guys and any chance to grab one you need to take it. I guess there could be 21 if Williams gets in. :D

It's excellent news all around. Mike Williams pushes a lot of guys down. Maybe even Andrews. :pray:

I just hope this will get settled once and for all, it's like 2 little kids fighting "I wanna play..but I don't want you to...Oh yeah?...yeah!...I'm gonna tell my mommy!"

Wow. RBG may just have to be my newest Supreme Court hero if this works out. I'm serious -- she has already been on the rise thanks to some rather thoughtful opinions I read of hers this semester...

yeah it would be better for us this year if williams was in the draft pushing players one down. but i hope this stay holds up and they arnt allowed in the draft. The nfl told williams if there was a stay than he would be barred from entering the draft, so he was prewarned and i dont feel overly bad for him.

college football is great right now and to see players leaving early would be very dissapointing. I know it will not have the same results as the current nba, but look at whats happend to college basketball and nba as a result..everything as a whole is watered down

FSUDolphin,

Putting aside your own selfish interests, do you think it is right for the NFL to do what it does now?

By the way, I don't mean selfish in any negative way. We all have selfish interests. Those interests shouldn't dictate the law or morality, though.

Of course it is right what the NFL is doing right now. It is a private business, and all private business should have rules before you are hired.

If you really want to be technical the draft is illegal.

Dol-Fan Dupree,

Does that mean you'd support the NFL adopting a rule with the consent of the CBA that kept Arab-Americans out of the league? Would you support a rule that kept green eyed players out of the game "for their own good"? Just how far does this power you're giving the NFL go?

ill admit it is mostly my own selfish reasons in wanting this stay to be held up.

I have heard both arguments and both seem valid. From the nfl's side the owners and all the players in the union agreed on certain requirements and one of the requirements is being three years removed. This was done in the collective bargaing agreement and its a rule, this in theroy gives a loop hole in the anti trust laws.

IS there not an age limit on being the president of the united states? Im not saying it's fair or even right, but it's their business and they should be able to decide what is best for their business. The players, owners all agreed on players having to be removed from school for three years.

I see valid points on both sides of the arguments and it will be interesting to see what happens....

Thanks for the response. I do agree with you that there is some merit to both sides here. This could end up being just as chaotic as the 2000 election was right at the end of its legal proceedings.

These younger guys like Clarrett, clearly are not mature enough,IMO to come in and compete with grown men. However if a team is dumb enough to draft them i say so be it! Dolfanreal69

dolfanreal69 said:
These younger guys like Clarrett, clearly are not mature enough,IMO to come in and compete with grown men. However if a team is dumb enough to draft them i say so be it! Dolfanreal69

Does this also go for Terrell Suggs, who was only days older than Clarett is when he got drafted by the Ravens last year? :rolleyes:

If the NFL wants to measure maturity, measure it. Applying this lame one size fits all mentality is no way to do anything. I know people who aren't mature enough to handle the NFL at 28, and I know a couple of guys who had it together well enough to do so at 16. This goes for either physical maturity, emotional maturity, or both.

Leave it to a freaking liberal judge to overturn the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom