Mini-Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mini-Camp Report

Nice report!
Thanks a ton and please keep em coming....I'm most interested in AJ's performance most of all. I think that Miami's chances rest with whether he was a steal for a second round pick or a dud.

Hey guys, I hate to break peoples Heart's here, but AJ Feeley didn't look like a star today, he missed most of his throws in 7 on 7 drills. And speaking with a few Dolphin people after, they agreed, but said, he is still learning the offense, and that, we can use that as an excuse right now. The best Quarterback out thehre was Sage, the guy has the best arm by far. He was the only Quarterback to try and go deep. The defense dominated when they went against the Offense. Poole didn't get as many reps as most of the Corners, but he looks like a player. Korey Banks got a lot of reps and went against D-boss a lot. D-Boss's arms are bigger them Tim Bo's. He did drop a few passes, but the dude is amazing. He doesn't look as fas as he is because he is so big, but he is a Freak. At Least we have a bunch of camps, so AJ can get better as time goes on "Hopefully". Anyone have any questions.

Well I was there and he IMHO he looked much better than Fiedler. Whoever said Fiedler looked good said it because he got all the passes there, however they were of the lame duck variety that we are accustomed to and the receivers had to adjust to the ball and were not in stride. It looked fine because they weren't about to get killed by a hit, as would have been the case when he floated one to Konrad with 2 men ready to nail him. That's fine and dandy but I want someone who can get the ball to our players so they can rack up the YAC, I mean isn't that the point of having Boston Chambers and CO.? While Feely wasn't perfect (he misfired on a couple throws) his accuracy and velocity were much better, and by accuracy I mean he actually hits the guy in stride with a chance to do something. And his deep ball to Minnis was spectacular, anyone who says otherwise is a Fiedler homer to the end. It wouldve been a touchdown and was absolutely dead center on the money. I was more impressed with that and his accuracy so at this point he is an upgrade to Fiedler in my eyes.

Thanks for the report.

One thing odd though, Alex Marvez was reporting that Boston dropped three balls and Feeley, while having a strong arm, was overthrowing a lot.

I was sitting 2 rows below Alex Marvez, who was talking to the Rosenhaus'. I saw exactly what he saw. D-Boss did drop a few passes, but that was thinking of what to do with the ball after the catch in my opinion. Feeley didn't hit many passes. That doesn't mean he sucks, this is the first mini camp, and it's a new offense.

Thanks for the info. We all really love any fins news we can get . Keep up the good work fin brother. Dolfanreal69

Boston did drop three balls, but I was talking about his overall physique and speed. He looks real fluid and the man is absolutely huge, I'm sure he'll correct the problem with time, as it's never really been an issue in his career. He did alligator-arm one pass though, I hope he doesn't make it a habit like last year. And like I said, he did miss on a few passes, mainly because he did overthrow it like Big O said, but overall I thought he was impressive and I really like that arm strength. Besides, I'd rather have him overthrow and miss everyone than underthrow and get it picked like Fiedler (NE in OT,anyone?).

Why do I have to go to school in philly! Thank you for the information and enjoy your time at camp, can't wait to here about the weekends practices!

I agree Flurry. Sullivan was all over Boston after every rep. I am sure Sullivan is going to make sure nothing happens to D-Boss.

Yeah Sullivan was definitely all over him, but I see that as a good thing, as he seemed to focus more and played better after a little screaming lol. I'm not worried about it at all, he seems to be really hell-bent on clearing his rep and making sure everyone remembers why he put up those sick numbers in Zona. The 230-235 range seems to be the ideal weight for him. Sullivan is supposed to be one of the best, but in a way I think they are tied to each other, because if Boston flames out this season I see Sullivan going right with him out the door.

I can't see Sullivan going, he is too good of coach, on the other hand, I can't see Boston falling apart either. I feel very strong about him putting up great numbers, hey, I went out and got his Jersey today. Why would I invest 65 dollars, on a Jersey to wear for one year. I guess all those Griese Jersey buyers must know how that feels like.

Yeah, I've got to agree..Anyone suggesting Feeley really seperated himself from Fiedler is being biased. There was no big difference.

Yeah, I've got to agree..Anyone suggesting Feeley really seperated himself from Fiedler is being biased. There was no big difference.__________________

Well the thing that separated them for me was Feely's velocity, I mean its not even close between him and Fiedler, and his deep ball (at least from the couple I've seen him throw) is also an upgrade. Yeah maybe I am being a little bit biased because I'd rather have my mom than Fiedler in there, but there's no way you can say his arm isn't better than Fiedler and that he doesn't have a whole bunch more potential.

Just remember guys that today was the first mini-camp. We can not expect a new QB and New WR to come in and be perfect. Give them time learning the playbook and working together with each other and the coaches. But what I hear so far I am starting to get a little excited!! I would like to here more about our LB's. Not Zach and JR but the other young guys!! Was Moore even there?

Back
Top Bottom