Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
It pisses me off that this team drafted Minkah, a talented player, and cannot find a place for him.
I have this feeling, that this organization will jack up the tank situation. There is so much scrutiny by the press that it will be hard to keep this up all season without some casualties. I'm not sure Grier survives these next 15 games. Tanking is hard to do as it is wrong. It goes against everything these players have learned since they started playing.

Told you the other day he wanted out. It’s been talked about in Bama circles for months.

I get the feeling he may get his wish, doubt they will keep him around unhappy all year, I will say it seems we have reached a point in the NFL that if you want out of a team you can find a way.... started with Blount and just seems to becoming more prevalent..

This is entirely on the coaching staff.
I have supported Flores, but this is a huge **** up on his part. Minkah was supposed to be a foundational piece for this franchise. He was our first round pick LAST YEAR. And you alienate him to the point he wants out? Yeah, **** off. This is ridiculous now.

I have supported Flores, but this is a huge **** up on his part. Minkah was supposed to be a foundational piece for this franchise. He was our first round pick LAST YEAR. And you alienate him to the point he wants out? Yeah, **** off. This is ridiculous now.
Can't argue with you.

I saw this coming a mile a way and part of me dosent blame him. Hell they want him to basicly play CBS, slot cb, safety, lb, dl. There is no way someone can be successful doing that. Then he gets **** on for being out of position or not performing. Hell maybe when we had Suh we should have thrown him out a cb a few times since all these position and body types are interchangeable. F*$! When was the last time we got a great player and put them in a position succeed. It seems like those who succeed do it despite the coaches.

I get the feeling he may get his wish, doubt they will keep him around unhappy all year, I will say it seems we have reached a point in the NFL that if you want out of a team you can find a way.... started with Blount and just seems to becoming more prevalent..

College football as well. The transfer portal has become free agency.

Saban has suspended our top recruit Antonio Alfano because he can’t quite seem to be able to find his way to his classroom.

Instead of trying to find it - looks like he’d just rather go enroll somewhere else where they’ll let him get away with it.

Im a huge Minks fan but this is bull***t. He’s a 2nd year player and absolutely has no juice to demand a trade. He hasn’t EARNED the right to demand a trade.

Kid has over-involved parents in his ear. That is a double-edged sword. They raised him right but they also raised him to have too much pride in himself and his ideals to have any loyalty to the team that drafted him. Look out for yourself kid, because nobody else will.

It pisses me off that this team drafted Minkah, a talented player, and cannot find a place for him.

Can't find a place for him on a team with holes pretty much everywhere. Just put him in a position and let him grow there.

This is what I've said about this "brain trust" running the tank. They think just accumulating high draft picks and cap space makes you better. If you miss on half of those high picks, you are stuck at 6-8 wins. If you have to overpay to bring in free agents, a lot of that cap space is wasted. And if you don't have people who can evaluate talent, develop young talent, and coach up that talent, nothing else you do matters.

Imagine Grier explaining to Ross we weren't trading out of the pick to get L Jackson cause he wanted Minkah but let’s trade him now....
Ross should be irate at this development.... the plan was to tank while nurturing and working with what young talent we had- NOT play the guy you drafted in the first round a year ago out of position to the point you alienate him, and he requests a trade. This is madness.

Back
Top Bottom