Minkah Fitzpatrick On Playing Slot And On Covering Jakeem Grant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick On Playing Slot And On Covering Jakeem Grant

I love his answer to what made Jakeem hard to defend in camp.

“Uhhh...what do you think?”

Speed is the great equalizer. It’s the reason why a player of Ted Ginn’s caliber can roast a future hall of famer like Darrelle Revis on MNF. Not much you can do about it.

This receiving Corps with a healthy Wilson, Grant, Stills, and Drake in the backfield has a lot of it. Just need a decent line and a qb that can feed them the ball.

The dude is one of my favorites! He’s going to be a difference maker this year when he learns to slow it down and play within himself.

Without question. Loved him at Bama and he will be special with the fins, no doubt in my mind.

Is the kid up in San Diego that much better than him, Derwin James?
All i hear on this board is how we missed on James and they would pick him over Fitz..blah blah
I like fitz alot...Heck of a talent and person.

Is the kid up in San Diego that much better than him, Derwin James?
All i hear on this board is how we missed on James and they would pick him over Fitz..blah blah
I like fitz alot...Heck of a talent and person.

Derwin James is going to be the best defensive back in the NFL by the end of this year.

Minkah is a stud, but James is on a HoF type tier.

All I know is if Christian Wilkins plays as smart and assignment sound as minkah miamis gonna be in business

Derwin James is going to be the best defensive back in the NFL by the end of this year.

Minkah is a stud, but James is on a HoF type tier.

I'm going to remember this comment. You sound like his agent or his family member.

Best DB in the league? HOF huh?

I'm going to remember this comment. You sound like his agent or his family member.

Best DB in the league? HOF huh?

Nope just a guy that loves watching excellence.

He's going to be the best DB in the NFL because he does things many can't and does them all at a high level. Everyone talks about Minkah being a swiss army knife, and he sure is, but Derwin adds another notch to it. Going to be a freak for a long time.

I have a ton of respect for James but I'm very happy with the player we got. Last season Minkah was part of a poorly coached defense and he still shined, he'll look way better in this scheme imo. The worst DC in the league last season was Matt Burke, the best, Brian Flores imo proved it in the Super Bowl. How can our defense not be a ton better? We added a couple of nice pieces in Wilkins and Van Hinkle and switched to a really cool hybrid front with disguised pressures. We got rid of all the guys that jump off sides on every play and replaced them with cerebral athletes who also happen to be studs. This defense will have a specific strategy and plan for each game to attack the opponents weaknesses. We won't beat ourselves and that alone in major. It might take 4 or 5 games to roll things out smoothly because of all the new parts. Only snaps in games can get the unit experience playing together but I think Coach Flores has this team working hard and I think they're going to bust their tails for him. Coach Flo is an inspiring guy, unlike the uninspiring goose that proceeded him!

Back
Top Bottom