Minkah Fitzpatrick Would Like An Answer From The Dolphins On This Key Question | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minkah Fitzpatrick Would Like An Answer From The Dolphins On This Key Question

I think at corner the athlete shows up in a negative way at times. Just don’t think he’s athletic enough to be a #1 corner.

But he’s got the work ethic and the tools to be a solid to high 2 I’d say maybe a low 1 if he maximized his gifts.

I think you’d get more play making with him at safety where the athlete is not an issue.

Regardless if he stays at corner he has to get that head around in the stem. I’m sure it will come in time and reps.

Malik hooker was suppose to be the next big thing in terms of play making on tbe ball etc and his college tape was rediculous in terms of range and ball skills etc but it hasn’t happened for him yet. Might even be considered a disappointment right now.

I think at corner the athlete shows up in a negative way at times. Just don’t think he’s athletic enough to be a #1 corner.

But he’s got the work ethic and the tools to be a solid to high 2 I’d say maybe a low 1 if he maximized his gifts.

I think you’d get more play making with him at safety where the athlete is not an issue.

Regardless if he stays at corner he has to get that head around in the stem. I’m sure it will come in time and reps.

Malik hooker was suppose to be the next big thing in terms of play making on tbe ball etc and his college tape was rediculous in terms of range and ball skills etc but it hasn’t happened for him yet. Might even be considered a disappointment right now.

Hooker has 5 INT's and 8 PD's in 21 games. He's struggled to stay healthy, and I think it's hurt his development, but Earl Thomas also struggled early in his career, trying to do too much. If Hooker can stay healthy, he still has a chance to be great.

Fitzpatrick will be good at FS or CB. He's a good athlete, with solid fundamentals, and he's very smart; however, being an elite FS requires more than that. It requires high-end instincts - the ability to break on the ball/see the play quicker than is reasonably possible. That's what made Ed Reed so great, and that's what makes Earl Thomas so great. Neither were as fast as Fitzpatrick, and I don't think that either of them were particularly smarter. Their reaction times, though, were much, much quicker.

As I see it, Fitzpatrick has more upside at CB. He didn't do the agility drills coming out of college, but he posted a ridiculous 3.87 20-yard shuttle coming out of HS, and his agility is apparent. Match that with good speed and a solid frame, and you have a guy with some real upside at CB, which is the more expensive position anyway.

He's never going to be an Ed Reed, and you're never going to maximize his strengths at FS (again, the cheaper position). He can be good there, but you drafted him at 11 overall. Play him at CB where he has a chance to really thrive.

Another note, Ed Reed and Earl Thomas are RARE for a reason. Everyone wants some young player to be them, but you can't eat with hope.

You don't think with more reps with his athletic ability and smarts he can't improve his reaction time?

I use the Minnesota game where he took that pick to the house, he reacted pre snap and and broke on a quick screen, that, IMO, shows he can react on the fly and break on the ball at a high rate no matter where he plays.

Just my opinion though, he's gonna be great no matter where he plays.

You don't think with more reps with his athletic ability and smarts he can't improve his reaction time?

I use the Minnesota game where he took that pick to the house, he reacted pre snap and and broke on a quick screen, that, IMO, shows he can react on the fly and break on the ball at a high rate no matter where he plays.

Just my opinion though, he's gonna be great no matter where he plays.

Which position was he playing on the pick 6? Huge difference between a CB breaking on a WR screen and a FS breaking on the ball from deep imo.

To answer your question, I think his upside at FS is a poor-man's McCourty.

Hooker has shown really well in the time he’s been healthy in Indianapolis. He also only had 1 year of playtime in college so you’ve seen a little bit of that expose him in the NFL here and there. But that range is still as advertised, I still don’t believe he’s a finished product

I don’t know where you question anything in him as an athlete agree head needs to get turned around the knock is he has to be a little less physical in the nfl at cb will get to many penalties there his speed is better then our best cb right now . Regardless I don’t think free safety is right option . Would be nice for these rookies to have better leadership on the team so they can focus on playing there role instead of a leader and there position

Minkah read the split read the release on that pick 6. Film study. Application of film study and formation along with tendency on the field.

Minkah was exposed athletically by josh Gordon in the pats game. That was ugly. I realize josh Gordon’s don’t come along every week but that wasn’t a lacks technique thing that was an athlete can’t match one.

In the games I’ve seen the colts hooker hasn’t done much. But I’m aware that he’s battled injury to start his career and all this year. I just don’t think Darius Leonard is getting enough from him. But maybe he’s never been 100 percent too. Margus hunt has stepped his game up too with the colts.

For my money the best looking young play making safety I’ve seen this year has been Eddie Jackson of the bears. He’s really elevated his game.

Reactions: A1.
If he's not the starting free safety in week one then I'll already be 100% against the new coaching staff right off the bat. Can't waste another season of elite talent playing out of position.

This is the most important player on our current roster, IMO, in terms of development.

He played mostly slot corner in college, so before he had to play boundary, he wasn't playing out of position.

Oh film study yes helps because you saw a player against a rookie make plays that’s means that rookie can’t match up as and athlete applying the film study is the athlete that you or I can not do lol

Minkah read the split read the release on that pick 6. Film study. Application of film study and formation along with tendency on the field.

Minkah was exposed athletically by josh Gordon in the pats game. That was ugly. I realize josh Gordon’s don’t come along every week but that wasn’t a lacks technique thing that was an athlete can’t match one.

In the games I’ve seen the colts hooker hasn’t done much. But I’m aware that he’s battled injury to start his career and all this year. I just don’t think Darius Leonard is getting enough from him. But maybe he’s never been 100 percent too. Margus hunt has stepped his game up too with the colts.

For my money the best looking young play making safety I’ve seen this year has been Eddie Jackson of the bears. He’s really elevated his game.

I agree. Jackson has been unreal - such a steal that draft

Did his leg keep him from the combine? I can’t remember when he was all healed up

I agree. Jackson has been unreal - such a steal that draft

Did his leg keep him from the combine? I can’t remember when he was all healed up

Thing is he tackled like a corner on college tape. I didn’t see any way he’d tackle well enough in our interchangeable ask scheme at safety.

Not sure what the bears do with their safeties but he’s become a baller.

Reactions: A1.
Minkah did do imo a very good job against aj green this year. Stayed attached well. But I don’t think we ever saw a 100 percent aj green this year either.

I think he’s more Malcom Jenkins with better instincts but a little less tackling.

Back
Top Bottom