MLB's - Any worthwhile prospects? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MLB's - Any worthwhile prospects?

Any thoughts on Ben Boulware from Clemson, I like him a lot. I'm not much of scout but he's always making plays and around the ball. Seems like he'd fit nicely if he fits the scheme. He's just a junior so I don't know if he's coming out this year.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'm all for fixing the LB position early in the draft, but I have a feeling that we will go CB or DE in the 1st round. Just looking at the positions that are usually at a premium, CB and DE require the most explosive athletes, and there is a run on those positions earlier in the draft. Plus, by the end of this year, CB and DE will likely be a bigger need in the eyes of the FO.

If I am looking at LB, I might look at Myles Jack and Reggie Ragland. I think Ragland can play ILB in a 4-3 or 3-4, and I think Jack has the instincts and speed to slide inside in a 4-3. I like Jaylon Smith as a player, but his skill set looks built for a 3-4 team.

Myles Jack. His knee is in question, so that'd have to be monitored, but I think he's the best LB in this class. Unrivaled explosion. Incredible athlete and absolute playmaker.

I'll take Ragland all day, physical and high football IQ. The last thing this team needs is more players with rocks for brains. I'm hoping there's more emphasis on players that love the game of football if coach Dan sticks.

I like the idea of trading down to get Ragland. Assuming the remainder of the season is a disaster and we pick top 10.

BTW I'd love to see Dan stick but it's not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of trading down to get Ragland. Assuming the remainder of the season is a disaster and we pick top 10.

BTW I'd love to see Dan stick but it's not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be difficult for this team to pass on a good corner in the first rd, but the change a good mlb could make on the D behind Suh would be huge. We also need to see how Couples plays out the rest of the year at DE, now that he's back in a position where he belongs kids only 25 I believe.

I think we're going to end up with a top 5 pick. Hopefully we don't win any meaningless games 31st the end of the year. If we finish 4-12, hopefully we end up with the #1 pick.... I'd trade that pick to a QB hungry team for a kings ransom (unless you have a conviction that Goff or Lynch will be elite and you decide to trade Tannehill away) load up on picks and go BPA at a position of need

I think we're going to end up with a top 5 pick. Hopefully we don't win any meaningless games 31st the end of the year. If we finish 4-12, hopefully we end up with the #1 pick.... I'd trade that pick to a QB hungry team for a kings ransom (unless you have a conviction that Goff or Lynch will be elite and you decide to trade Tannehill away) load up on picks and go BPA at a position of need

top 5 may mean the dream is a reality..

Ramsey and Scooby Snacks

skai moore is one to keep an eye on. mikes that can cover have become such a premium - a must even - that you have to pay close attention to the ones that have a knack for it. he's managed to fly under the radar because of how bad SC has been but have a feeling the combine will change that

Yeah there's quite a few. Overall I gave 8 linebackers top 100 grades.

However if we're talking strictly middle linebacker prospects, I have them as follows:

1. Jaylon Smith Notre Dame (#6 overall)
2. Myles Jack UCLA (#14 overall)
3. Scooby Wright Arizona (#31 overall)
4. Reggie Ragland Alabama (#32 overall)
5. Tyler Matakevich Temple (#47 overall)

I also gave Kendell Beckwith of LSU a 3rd round grade.

You should tune in to Alabama @ LSU this weekend to watch Ragland and Beckwith square off against two outstanding backs in Leonard Fournette, and Derrick Henry.

For the love of me I dont get why people are all over Scooby. He does not pass the eye test for me at all.

He's a very good football player. A little bit undersized, but that hasn't stopped him from making plays in college, and IMHO he will continue to do so at the next level like you are saying.

Haven't seen anyone mention Antonio Morrison from Florida. I'm a huge gators fan so I'm biased but we could get him later on rounds 3-5. He's a great run stuffer, something we struggle in and he's got amazing work ethic came back from a torn acl faster than Adrian Peterson

For the love of me I dont get why people are all over Scooby. He does not pass the eye test for me at all.

Pretty sure the ridiculous numbers he put up as a sophomore have something to do with it. Something along the lines of 160 tackles, 30 tfl, 15 sacks. Sick.

Haven't seen anyone mention Antonio Morrison from Florida. I'm a huge gators fan so I'm biased but we could get him later on rounds 3-5. He's a great run stuffer, something we struggle in and he's got amazing work ethic came back from a torn acl faster than Adrian Peterson

I'm torn on morrison. Was a total knucklehead before the injury. Miraculously comes back from a devastating injury in time for the opener and is the heart and soul of the defense. His combine and interviews will dictate where he goes. I don't know how much weight he can put on that frame and he's a little shaky in coverage. 5th round? Sure

I've mentioned him a couple of times as a poss value pick. So far, I see Beckwith as the best fit for us of the guys I've watched., but Morrison could be useful if we snagged him in the mid rounds.

Back
Top Bottom