Mock Draft First Try | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft First Try

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
So here's the results of my mock

1)-Jonah Williams-some would call this a bit of a reach but this guy replaces James at RT. I believe he will be a much better player than James.
2)-Jeffery Simmons-DLine, Miss. St.-Big run stuffing monster. These first 2 picks begin to rebuild the trenches.
3)-Tyree Jackson-QB Buffalo 6'7" A bit raw but a ton of talent and a huge arm. He begins as a back up but there's more fun coming.
4)Gerald Willis-DLine, Miami- I enjoyed watching this kid play for my favorite college team. An unstoppable force with a nasty swim move say one scout, he was compared to Sheldon Richardson. More help for the trenches!
5)KeeSean Johnson-WR-Fresno St. He'll replace Amendola. He has a ton of production with about 1400 receiving yard with 8 TDs
6)-Travis Homer-RB U of Miami-Another local star that I've been watching. Homer always seemed to break the long run in the clutch. He's a 4.4 guy.
7) Easton Stick-QB N Dakota St.-That's right!! I double dipped at QB. This is what we need to do until a star QB emerges. If CK likes Stick I like Stick! He first alerted me to this kid who, by the way, might become a huge star in the NFL. Interesting QB room-Fitz, Jackson and Stick.

So you want to take TWO backup QB's when we already have 2 young ones on the current roster? I hope we don't waste any picks on a QB this year personally.

Jay, I don't know if either of our young QBs can play. Jackson is a very exciting prospect and so is Stick. There's a very decent chance that one of these 2 QBs could become our franchise guy. Not drafting QBs is what we've done wrong for a long time.

So here's the results of my mock

1)-Jonah Williams-some would call this a bit of a reach but this guy replaces James at RT. I believe he will be a much better player than James.
2)-Jeffery Simmons-DLine, Miss. St.-Big run stuffing monster. These first 2 picks begin to rebuild the trenches.
3)-Tyree Jackson-QB Buffalo 6'7" A bit raw but a ton of talent and a huge arm. He begins as a back up but there's more fun coming.
4)Gerald Willis-DLine, Miami- I enjoyed watching this kid play for my favorite college team. An unstoppable force with a nasty swim move say one scout, he was compared to Sheldon Richardson. More help for the trenches!
5)KeeSean Johnson-WR-Fresno St. He'll replace Amendola. He has a ton of production with about 1400 receiving yard with 8 TDs
6)-Travis Homer-RB U of Miami-Another local star that I've been watching. Homer always seemed to break the long run in the clutch. He's a 4.4 guy.
7) Easton Stick-QB N Dakota St.-That's right!! I double dipped at QB. This is what we need to do until a star QB emerges. If CK likes Stick I like Stick! He first alerted me to this kid who, by the way, might become a huge star in the NFL. Interesting QB room-Fitz, Jackson and Stick.

Dude, if we draft a RT at 13 I am going to cry like a baby even though my tears matter not.

Love Stick at 7 but is he really going to fall to 7? That would be a money pick right there. Talk about value.

I'd like to have Williams on our team but I'm not drafting a RT at 13. I doubt Simmons is there at 48 even with the medical.
Willis I really like but again, I believe he's going in round 3.
Not interested in Jackson any earlier than round 5 or 6 if at all.
Sitck in the 7th, why not.

I don’t think it’s too bad, everybody has an opinion. Is this just random guys you threw together or did you use one of the draft sites?

Where I feel you are off is you can’t choose two developmental QB’s, it just takes too much work and time that no NFL team has.

My two cents is there is a bigger issue with your DL picks.

Assuming Quinn is gone soon we have virtually no Edge players for a 4-3 or a 3-4. Simmons and Willis won’t play the Edge and Simmons tore his ACL, won’t play this year and he was barred from the Combine anyway for assault on a woman. I don’t see either of those two DL as a possibility.

So you want to take TWO backup QB's when we already have 2 young ones on the current roster? I hope we don't waste any picks on a QB this year personally.

Oh, Jay, we most certainly should take a QB somewhere in this draft. As posted above, it's what we've been doing wrong for far too long.

2 QBs in one draft. Absolutely not.

Dude, if we draft a RT at 13 I am going to cry like a baby even though my tears matter not.

Love Stick at 7 but is he really going to fall to 7? That would be a money pick right there. Talk about value.
This year is about building the trenches. If a pass rusher isn’t available I’ll gladly take an olineman at 13. I agree that Stick won’t be around in the 7th.

This year is about building the trenches. If a pass rusher isn’t available I’ll gladly take an olineman at 13. I agree that Stick won’t be around in the 7th.

I'm a firm believer that you have to be able to find OL later in the draft.

A RT at 13 with all of the defensive talent in this draft would be disappointing.

If they are thinking tackle, they should look to trade down.

There's no reason you can't take two QBs in one draft. The Redskins did it, and that was in a draft where they sold the farm to pick one top 2 overall. Now I know the Redskins arent exactly a front office to model your team around, but the QB move worked for them. They got one great year out of the first one and the 4th rounder turned out to be a solid long term starter. According to the strategy of a lot of these posters the Redskins should have never drafted Cousins despite it ultimately ending up as a great value pick.

There's no reason you can't take two QBs in one draft. The Redskins did it, and that was in a draft where they sold the farm to pick one top 2 overall. Now I know the Redskins arent exactly a front office to model your team around, but the QB move worked for them. They got one great year out of the first one and the 4th rounder turned out to be a solid long term starter. According to the strategy of a lot of these posters the Redskins should have never drafted Cousins despite it ultimately ending up as a great value pick.
But like you said, one was taken with the idea he would be the starter from day one. This one is suggesting we draft two guys that everyone knows are not ready to start in their rookie year if ever.

Back
Top Bottom