Moderator Removes my Avatar and my Signature. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moderator Removes my Avatar and my Signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Calebra

Fan
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I see a moderator took down my avatar and removed my signature line.
Why?

If you left up the avatar asking people to join the NRA, then you should have left mine that encourages people to "Stop th NRA"

Since when did personal politics enter the picture especially from a moderator who is supposed to set the tone here. Do moderators use their own agenda's here? or do they follow the rule that everyone has a voice?

Removing both my avatar and signature line without consulting me was wrong. And the moderator that did it should not be allowed to moderate as they cannot be impartial or fair on this forum.

Why?

Why is this in the general forum?

Well where is the channel?

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Where should it be?

I agree with you he should not have taken your avatar down.

Questions and Suggestions forum.

But now I'm curious as to what happened. Seems inconsistent to have a poster who is outwardly pro-NRA and nothing happen, but have one be anti-NRA and censored. Inconsistent for sure...

EDIT: After posting that, I see your avatar popped back up. Might have just been a system issue or something maybe...?

A better question.... Why would anyone have an avatar to do with guns on a football forum in the first place?

political themed avatars and signatures are generally not allowed as per the TOS.

political themed avatars and signatures are generally not allowed as per the TOS.

I'm as politicized as the next person, but the main forum is my oasis away from polarization (at least the kind that doesn't involve Jeff Ireland :idk:).

As I am as disinclined to foist my views on others as to have theirs foisted on me. AFAIC, avis, sigs and taglines on any posts within FH football forums should be devoid of partisan politics and/or religion...

I replaced the avatar and my signature is once again in line for approval. There was no glitch. Not only was my avatar removed, it was replaced with another avatar of their choice.

I put it back up, not the moderators. Lets see how long it stays up.

And yes, there is at least one pro NRA avatar and my avatar was in response to it, directly. To have equal representation of ideas and thinking. Otherwise no NRA avatar would have even been considered.

I replaced the avatar and my signature is once again in line for approval. There was no glitch. Not only was my avatar removed, it was replaced with another avatar of their choice.

And yes, there is at least one pro NRA avatar and my avatar was in response to it, directly. To have equal representation of ideas and thinking. Otherwise no NRA avatar would have even been considered.

You do get that this is a sports forum?

From our TOS:

Signatures and Avatars
Amended: February 16, 2007 - Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risque', nor are they to contain violence. Avatars must fit in with the family-oriented nature of the community, with no profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, nudity or suggestion of nudity. Thus, there should be no pictures, as stated above, in one's avatar or signature. However, images such as stated in the above may be posted in The Ladies Lounge.

updated: September 30, 2009 - You are permitted one photo per signature. Please keep the dimensions within the 400x300 pixel range and below 40k in size for regular members and 800x600 pixal range and below 80k in size for VIP members. Exceptions can be made if a signature is wider than 400 pixels, but much shorter than 300 pixels in height (a banner for example). Not only does this make for a sleeker, less congested forum, but it also helps visitors who are limited to 56K dialup connections. Added: January 23, 2006 The use of quotes from other members in your signature in a derogatory or inflammatory manner is not allowed. This creates bad feelings among fellow members, and is considered a personal attack. Added:14 February 2006 - Politically oriented Sig and Avatars are not permitted. This tends to distract from discussions, much as a sexually explicit one would. Videos are not allowed in sigs.

As for how long it will stay up...

Since gonzo already posted what I was about to... I'd suggest you remove your sig and avatar, because it was removed for a reason.

Then it comes down. But who gave anyone the right to replace it with an avatar of their choice?

I have seen the pro NRA avatar and that is why the "Stop NRA" avatar was posted.

I will take all my stuff down right now, but I hope the other pro NRA avatar gets treated exactly the same way. Removed and replaced with the avatar of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom