Moderator Removes my Avatar and my Signature. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moderator Removes my Avatar and my Signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a picture of Mr. Bean with a red X through it. Again I'm not arguing about being insulted or agreeing with the rule or not. I'm just arguing for a fair enforcement of the rule.

His avatar has been changed and I can rest easily now.

I've always known the staff here to be fair, which is why this is my most frequented board. Probably why this was something that caught my eye. Seemed pretty out of character for the big bosses...

I've always known the staff here to be fair, which is why this is my most frequented board. Probably why this was something that caught my eye. Seemed pretty out of character for the big bosses...

16gioig-1.jpg

not really, when something is reported, it's checked into. As I just said, if he had only frequented the pofo I wouldn't have worried about it.

Questions and Suggestions forum.
But now I'm curious as to what happened. Seems inconsistent to have a poster who is outwardly pro-NRA and nothing happen, but have one be anti-NRA and censored. Inconsistent for sure...
EDIT: After posting that, I see your avatar popped back up. Might have just been a system issue or something maybe...?

I put it back up, and they took it down again before I could. I was going to take it down myself. But they changed it to something they liked better. It would have been little issue had they just removed it and also removed now two (2) others that are pro nra.

Common courtesy also leaves room for telling the member what is happening and why.

And his signature as well. Seems reasonable to take down the OP's stuff in light of the TOS, but it begs the question as to why the member NRA has been allowed to have his blatantly partisan avatar and signature up for months without anyone saying anything...?

Thanks for showing me that one. I have been seeing another one. So now there is at least two more allowed and mine is not. What gives. Are they special or the right flavor?
I bet they give me three more pints for "annoyance". That was my charge "annoyance".

No one is insulted. We're just requesting that this rule be enforced fairly for all users, or it go back to not being enforced.

Unless the now two other infractions are removed and replaced with a moderators preferred avatar, this board has actually become, what they say they are trying to prevent. A one sided political machine passing itself off as a sports forum.

Honestly, I'm not about to go on a crusade for "justice" and witch-hunt the moderators. I have never seen the political rule enforced before, so, as far as I'm concerned, it has not been a rule prior to today. A problem arises when the rule isn't enforced fairly. I also feel like his signature isn't inherently political.

We don't share what how we handle TOS violations with the gen pop. For example, the OP decided to share an infraction he got. That's on him. We won't do it. We also won't share whether we remove an avatar, sig. etc. with everybody. So, it makes sense that you haven't seen the political rule enforced. You probably haven't seen the majority of rules we enforce unless you're the one breaking them.

We don't share what how we handle TOS violations with the gen pop. For example, the OP decided to share an infraction he got. That's on him. We won't do it. We also won't share whether we remove an avatar, sig. etc. with everybody. So, it makes sense that you haven't seen the political rule enforced. You probably haven't seen the majority of rules we enforce unless you're the one breaking them.
Just saying that I've never noticed a political avatar being removed. I just figured it wasn't enforced too strictly/didn't even know it was a rule. Of course there are thousands of posters, so I'm sure one or two has slipped by me. You guys do a great job though and I never notice any mod "power-trips", so that's why this particular case struck me as odd (not saying it was done intentionally), but it's resolved.

I see a moderator took down my avatar and removed my signature line.
Why?

If you left up the avatar asking people to join the NRA, then you should have left mine that encourages people to "Stop th NRA"

Since when did personal politics enter the picture especially from a moderator who is supposed to set the tone here. Do moderators use their own agenda's here? or do they follow the rule that everyone has a voice?

Removing both my avatar and signature line without consulting me was wrong. And the moderator that did it should not be allowed to moderate as they cannot be impartial or fair on this forum.

Why?
Do you understand we are all volunteers here and do this for the love of the site, the fans, and our Dolphins. Why would we go out of our way to piss in someones wheaties? We are very fair to all of our members so they can enjoy this site if they follow the TOS. Many times this staff will go above and beyond for the members of this site.:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom