Monday Musings: Trouble spots for 10 contenders, Bradford swap a win-win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Musings: Trouble spots for 10 contenders, Bradford swap a win-win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...ts-for-10-contenders-bradford-swap-a-win-win/

[h=3] Seattle Seahawks [/h]Trouble spot: Offensive line
The Seahawks' offensive line was a major issue last season, which is why they don't have one player starting in the same spot this season. The interior of the line looked much improved in the preseason, with two first-time starters at guard, including rookie Germain Ifedi at right guard, but the tackles remain a major issue. Both Bradley Sowell and Gary Gilliam had their problems in the preseason. J'Marcus Webb is also in the mix and could be the right tackle if he beats out Gilliam.

Definitely a plus for us knowing their line issue, but we can get all the pressure we want up the middle, Wilson is just going to roll out or run though.

Oline play isnt as much of a killer with a highly one read and take off qb

Wilson bugs out routinely if he doesnt like his primary on a play

I agree with you I've seen him do it but I'm in disbelief because of his great stats. Isn't it hard for a 1 read QB to have his passing numbers?

I agree with you I've seen him do it but I'm in disbelief because of his great stats. Isn't it hard for a 1 read QB to have his passing numbers?

Not if you can get ahead of the sticks

Dont get me wrong he isnt always one read but that 4 vertical concept passing game of theirs is about putting yourself in advantageous down and distances and there are times when he can literally only work off pa in the passing game which is a major plus

A lot of those sacks he takes are the result of him being unwilling to stay in the pocket to go thru a 2nd progression...he runs himself into contact...but he also makes a lot of plays improvisationally too...and im convinced that some of that improv is even built into the offense by the oc at this stage given the way the skill guys break off their routes etc

Hes the only qb that i have seen that can continuously turn his back to the rush and bail the pocket backwards facing away from the rush in the process and get away with it...and that has to be while no one would ever coach it that way a skill at this point i guess...most qbs would turn into a decleater from the backside trying to do that

The funniest part of that article is trying to actually justify Bradford trade was actually a win for the Vikings.

1. Since when did the Jags become contenders?

2. The Vikings will regret that trade.

Well Wake should have a field day with Seattle. Dude always comes out strong

worst thing that can happen? we lose a couple without pouncey and we know we don't have any line depth. Seems likely anyway.

best case? Steen comes in, plays lights out with his limit athletic ability, but superior smarts and strength, we win at least one game while pouncey is out.

If nothing else, this at points out that the Dolphins are not the only team with roster Issues....hell the Colts seem to have a lot of holes.

playoffs in all 4 seasons
2 super bowl appearances
highest rated qb in the nfl last year

Yes and the ends better be disciplined containing the edge. A plus for the wide 9, not to mention....Ndamukong Suh vs a rookie RG from Texas A&M...Germain Ifedi and likely double team partner.....Justin Britt, first time center. Either Suh will feast or he will free up other guys to beat their one on one's. That was supposed to happen last year but the rest of Seattle's line match-ups are mismatches as well.

Bradley Sowell vs Mario Williams
J'Marcus Webb vs Cam Wake

I think we will see Alonso's run and chase ability in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Since when did the Jags become contenders?

2. The Vikings will regret that trade.

The Jags division is booty, all 4 of the teams in that division have a shot. They're offensive and defensive talent now is also undeniably good.

playoffs in all 4 seasons
2 super bowl appearances
highest rated qb in the nfl last year

What do those things have to do with 2016 line in Seattle? 5 different players at 5 positions comparing 2015 to 2016 and they lost their best two players in FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom