Monday Musings: Trouble spots for 10 contenders, Bradford swap a win-win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Musings: Trouble spots for 10 contenders, Bradford swap a win-win

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you I've seen him do it but I'm in disbelief because of his great stats. Isn't it hard for a 1 read QB to have his passing numbers?

Check out what Colin Kaepernick did with Jim Harbaugh.

Though I think Russell Wilson, who is really good, deserves a lot more credit than Colin Kaepernick, who is really bad.

Check out what Colin Kaepernick did with Jim Harbaugh.

Though I think Russell Wilson, who is really good, deserves a lot more credit than Colin Kaepernick, who is really bad.

Colin is a true 1 read QB i know that much. Wilson must go through his progressions sometimes but I bow to hoops I don't spend nearly as much time studying film as he does

If nothing else, this at points out that the Dolphins are not the only team with roster Issues....hell the Colts seem to have a lot of holes.

I think the Colts have absolute disaster potential written all over them this season. Coked out owner + Bad GM + Joe Philbin running your OL that was already a trouble area... Yeah...

Colin is a true 1 read QB i know that much. Wilson must go through his progressions sometimes but I bow to hoops I don't spend nearly as much time studying film as he does

Yeah, I wasn't saying Wilson is a one read QB. I think that in 2012, he definitely was a "one read and take off" player, and I think that because I watched all of the games that the 4 rookie QBs (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Wilson) played in order to see how the different teams tried to develop them, but he's really grown as a player since then. Seattle developed him by surrounding him with talent and letting him do what he does best, and then slowly adding to his plate as he got more experience and developed his skills. In other words, they did it right, unlike Indy and Miami.

But Kaepernick really was a one read QB, and he fooled people (including some blowhards on this website!) into thinking he was amazing. You look at him now and it's like "How the hell did that guy ever get to a Super Bowl?" Well, Jim Harbaugh and a ridiculous supporting cast, that's how.

I think the Colts have absolute disaster potential written all over them this season. Coked out owner + Bad GM + Joe Philbin running your OL that was already a trouble area... Yeah...

Yeah, I wasn't saying Wilson is a one read QB. But Kaepernick was and he fooled people (including some blowhards on this website!) into thinking he was amazing. You look at him now and it's like "How the hell did that guy ever get to a Super Bowl?" Well, Jim Harbaugh and a ridiculous supporting cast, that's how.

What is sad is the rest of that division got much stronger and they have gotten worse each year. I feel bad for Luck because he is in such a ****ty situation.

What is sad is the rest of that division got much stronger and they have gotten worse each year. I feel bad for Luck because he is in such a ****ty situation.

4 teams drafted quarterbacks in 2012 and threw them right into the fire as starters: Seattle, Miami, Indianapolis, and Washington. Only two of those teams actually took the right approach with their young QBs. I know that a lot of people feel like Mike Shanahan 'ruined' Robert Griffin III, but it certainly wasn't his fault that Griffin refused to protect himself, refused to put in the work to try to master other aspects of the position, and generally refused to be coached.

What Indy has done with Luck is honestly about as bad as what we've done with Ryan Tannehill. Luck was obviously the better prospect, the more natural player, and far more pro ready when he came out of college, and yet Indy has taken the task of letting his team degenerate around him and basically surrounded him with what is devolving into a dumpster fire. It's really infuriating. Jim Irsay is an absolute ****head.

4 teams drafted quarterbacks in 2012 and threw them right into the fire as starters: Seattle, Miami, Indianapolis, and Washington. Only two of those teams actually took the right approach with their young QBs. I know that a lot of people feel like Mike Shanahan 'ruined' Robert Griffin III, but it certainly wasn't his fault that Griffin refused to protect himself, refused to put in the work to try to master other aspects of the position, and generally refused to be coached.

What Indy has done with Luck is honestly about as bad as what we've done with Ryan Tannehill. Luck was obviously the better prospect, the more natural player, and far more pro ready when he came out of college, and yet Indy has taken the task of letting his team degenerate around him and basically surrounded him with what is devolving into a dumpster fire. It's really infuriating. Jim Irsay is an absolute ****head.

But, but, but . . . a GOOD QB can carry his team, right???

As for Miami and contenders, I agree with FSU - a number of teams have significant problems and ALL teams have SOME problems. Seatle clearly has questions on OL and I suspect they'll miss Skittles more than some think.

Yes and the ends better be disciplined containing the edge. A plus for the wide 9, not to mention....Ndamukong Suh vs a rookie RG from Texas A&M...Germain Ifedi and likely double team partner.....Justin Britt, first time center. Either Suh will feast or he will free up other guys to beat their one on one's. That was supposed to happen last year but the rest of Seattle's line match-ups are mismatches as well.

Bradley Sowell vs Mario Williams
J'Marcus Webb vs Cam Wake

I think we will see Alonso's run and chase ability in this game.

makes sense

but anyone with brains is gonna work misdirection away from suh to take him out of things and test the contain of the backside de and olb...something last year that was frankly pitiful...same for the mike lb play in 2015 which was the definition of lost

I sense a lot of read option coming too this week...

But, but, but . . . a GOOD QB can carry his team, right???

On that subject, I think most people who fall into the QBWINZ camp these days probably did so after watching the 2011 Colts. I really believe that.

And on the subject of the 2011 Colts, I just want to throw this out there: The reason the 2011 Colts almost went winless was not because Peyton Manning was so good that he singlehandedly won 12 games a season for that team, but because the QBs they played in 2011 were so bad. They called in Kerry Collins out of retirement like a week before opening day, and of course he was terrible. Then they started Curtis Painter -- who honestly might be worse than Jimmy Clausen, which would make him the worst QB I've ever seen start an NFL game -- until they had Suck for Luck in the bag.

Then that team proceeded to win 2 out of 5 games with journeyman Dan Orlovsky as the starter.

QB play matters a lot. The QB is the most important player on the team. But what you need to win is a good quarterback, not an all-time great. Ryan Tannehill is not an all-time great quarterback, but I certainly believe he's good enough to helm a championship contender.

On that subject, I think most people who fall into the QBWINZ camp these days probably did so after watching the 2011 Colts. I really believe that.

And on the subject of the 2011 Colts, I just want to throw this out there: The reason the 2011 Colts almost went winless was not because Peyton Manning was so good that he singlehandedly won 12 games a season for that team, but because the QBs they played in 2011 were so bad. They called in Kerry Collins out of retirement like a week before opening day, and of course he was terrible. Then they started Curtis Painter -- who honestly might be worse than Jimmy Clausen, which would make him the worst QB I've ever seen start an NFL game -- until they had Suck for Luck in the bag.

Then that team proceeded to win 2 out of 5 games with journeyman Dan Orlovsky as the starter.

QB play matters a lot. The QB is the most important player on the team. But what you need to win is a good quarterback, not an all-time great. Ryan Tannehill is not an all-time great quarterback, but I certainly believe he's good enough to helm a championship contender.

Key right there...

SO many arguments over elite or not elite, when in the end all you need is good.

Congratu-****ing-lations. Did you really need to bump a thread from September?

You know how to make a prediction, you just have a problem with verifying a prediction. Which is the most important part. Anybody can just make them.

9uqjxd.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Dink. Fixed

4sfes7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom