Moore Or Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore Or Tannehill?

I always liked Moore.
I actually watched those games when he was with the Panthers throwing to Steve Smith.
I'm pretty sure Smith went to a probowl with Moore tossing him the ball.
I had Smith on my fantasy team way back then.

Never liked Rt even as a college player.
He is not without talent and he is a tough kid.
I remember t-bum was going on and on about how RT was going to beat out Marriotta in the off season.
He might be better than Marriotta, that isn't saying all that though...

by the way, shank,

1. youre right that Tanny has been a .500 qb, but caveat .500 WITH THE OFT-DYSFUNCTIONAL DOLPHINS. We’ll see if it’s different elsewhere. i think he’s above average.

2. He’s currently top 5 and top 10 in league in several categories (per game or per throw categories since only 4 games.) we’ll see how season goes.

3. as far as not putting a team on back, again i think a lot has to do with his environment, but in any event he has an above average number in 4th qtr comebacks- i think under appreciated due to general failure of the dolphin teams.

The top QBs in NFL history in game winning drives Brady and Manning average about 2.5 drives a season. RT is right at that number with 17 in 6.5 seasons of play. (actually about 6 full seasons with no playoffs and without that big time WR or big time RB or big time rushing attack)

i’m excited to see if he can maintain what he has going. who knows.

Last edited:
You can have all the weapons in the world but you still have to execute the plays. Easier said than done. Let’s not disparage Moore over being on KC. If you look at his stats, there hasn’t been much of a drop off in any meaningful category vs Mahomes - exception is sacks taken - because Mahomes is way more mobile. Is Moore anywhere near as good as Mahomes? No. But in the 3 games he played, he was statistically near as good and won 2 and lose 1 (the loss he played a near perfect game vs the Pack). Andy Reid knows QBs. A lot of QBs out there he could have signed. Why get Moore out of retirement?

THill probably had his best game ever vs the Chiefs in that he finally put a team on his shoulders to win the game when he needed to. Now keep in mind prior to that last drive, he only threw 11 passes as Henry rushed for 228. But on that last drive he made huge money throws and big scrambles. Kudos to him. Happy for both of these guys. I really am.

But I think when all is said and done they basically give you “average” play if you start them 16 times during the year. They have different styles but they will win you about .500 of the games they start. That’s not my opinion. That’s fact based upon their career W/L. And by the way, Moore’s is a little better than Ryan’s as a starter. Just sayin.

There were many years in the Tannehill/Moore era where I thought we would win more games with Moore. Tannehill was always the guy more likely to throw for 300 yards based on his physical tools, but Moore seemed to be able to accomplish more with less since he was a better situational player. He took less inopportune sacks and just had a better feel for the game. Until Gase came around Tannehill was just brutally incapable of closing out an opponent or sealing a win with timely plays. Though they were team losses there were so many games early in his career where one play from Tannehill could have sealed it, and he just struggled at that. Like other things though, I felt like he drastically improved in that under Gase. He was far more efficient when the team ran a balance offense instead of forcing a young QB to throw 2/3 of your offensive plays.

I always liked Moore.
I actually watched those games when he was with the Panthers throwing to Steve Smith.
I'm pretty sure Smith went to a probowl with Moore tossing him the ball.
I had Smith on my fantasy team way back then.

Never liked Rt even as a college player.
He is not without talent and he is a tough kid.
I remember t-bum was going on and on about how RT was going to beat out Marriotta in the off season.
He might be better than Marriotta, that isn't saying all that though...

Moore had some moments with the Panthers but he did royally struggle in 2010. That was in part due to nagging concussion issues that he was playing through not long before the concussion issue really came to a head (no pun intended).

to be clear, i wasnt meaning to disparage him at all. i like him and happy to see him back and doing great.

i was taking issue with the claim that KC role was only “slightly” better position than Titans, for reasons i said.

That said, i do believe RT is a much better QB mainly in accuracy and arm strength.

the post above calling moore trash was ridiculous. he’s done a great job holding serve, which is everything you want in a backup.
Ah gotcha. Agree on the arm strength part. Moore throws a very accurate deep ball.

It’s absolute insanity that anyone would compare Moore to Mahomes in terms of production. Yeah, the always been garbage player is as good as the best QB in the league because you Manipulated some stats. Gtfo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom