More cuts coming soon... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More cuts coming soon...

Howard is a beast and I would love to keep him. However, it irks me if the reports are true he will be wanting a new contract only 2 years into his current one.

I believe there might already be a deal with Dallas. Dallas with Prescott and the team healthy would be lethal in that division.

Would be well worth their #10 and a 2nd this year or next
How true are those reports and did it come from Howard?

Why wouldn't Dallas draft a corner at #10? Why do you believe a deal with Dallas is in place???

Howard is a beast and I would love to keep him. However, it irks me if the reports are true he will be wanting a new contract only 2 years into his current one.

I believe there might already be a deal with Dallas. Dallas with Prescott and the team healthy would be lethal in that division.

Would be well worth their #10 and a 2nd this year or next
Let me see if I can understand this correctly...you think trading X would get us the 10th overall pick AND a 2nd??? 😂

Why wouldn't Dallas draft a corner at #10? Why do you believe a deal with Dallas is in place???
Howard's agent went public with salary issues right after the season ended. But nothing since. I have a feeling Grier and Flo didn't take kindly to going public first and shut it down. But that's pure speculation on my part.

Only guess is with Howard you know exactly what you're getting. With Rookies its always a gamble and Dallas is in a hurry. They have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but they need strong Defensive play-makers asap

Only guess is with Howard you know exactly what you're getting. With Rookies its always a gamble and Dallas is in a hurry. They have a lot of pieces to the puzzle but they need strong Defensive play-makers asap
Don't see Jerry jones trading like that.

Bobby McCain - Possibly
Eric Rowe - can’t see that happening, played well and fits our scheme well.
McKinney - we just TRADED for him, no way.
Grant - Yea, think he’s gone
Fejedelem - Yea, think he’s gone

I would add Wilson to that list, big salary, coming off injury and getting older. I would also add Perry too. I think we keep the following WR’s
1. DVP
2. PW
3. Fuller
4. Bowden - shows promise and multi-versatile
5. Rookie early pick
6. Rookie - later pick. Would love to get Anthony Swartz from Auburn on day 3. World class track star with legit 4.26 speed. Run him deep every time he’s in the damn game.

That would give us 3 speedsters to go along with 2 big body 50/50 ball types
agree with some of what you're saying but using a late pick on a WR makes zero sense to me. We already have about 8 guys that fit that description so why add one more? use that late pick for something we don't have.

They are not cutting Xavien Howard.

He is a top 3 Cb and is getting paid like one.

Having quality CB play is what makes Flores defense go.

Not to mention that he would leave behind 16 MILLION in dead cap.

Next year the cap hits shrinks to 2 million, if they are going to move him it will be after this coming season.
Top 3 CB getting paid #6 CB money. NFL is full of divas who would move for less of a slight against them

The need to have a cushion under the cap for in-season signings is vastly over-stated.

As long as the players that you bring in are under the bottom 51 salaries on your payroll, they don't count... so street free agents rarely cost you a thing.

A large, multi-milliion dollar amount is only needed for some sort of priority free agent signing... basically, a waiver claim on a veteran.
That's all it is. Requires cap space.

I'd think trading Howard at the very least, nets Miami a future 1st rounder. He's older and has an injury history, so expecting multiple 1st rounders may be a bit too unrealistic. Getting multiple 2nd rounders may be more in line with what Miami may get for a top player in his late 20's with injury concerns. If Miami somehow obtains a 1st rounder, I'd run with it. Especially with, 2022 being considered a strong draft for the CB position.

Bobby McCain - Possibly
Eric Rowe - can’t see that happening, played well and fits our scheme well.
McKinney - we just TRADED for him, no way.
Grant - Yea, think he’s gone
Fejedelem - Yea, think he’s gone

I would add Wilson to that list, big salary, coming off injury and getting older. I would also add Perry too. I think we keep the following WR’s
1. DVP
2. PW
3. Fuller
4. Bowden - shows promise and multi-versatile
5. Rookie early pick
6. Rookie - later pick. Would love to get Anthony Swartz from Auburn on day 3. World class track star with legit 4.26 speed. Run him deep every time he’s in the damn game.

That would give us 3 speedsters to go along with 2 big body 50/50 ball types
The main kicker for the McKinney trader was his contact. He isnt worth 7 million, in fact I read we were trying to rework his contract, us trading Lawson to get his salary off the books was the win. Also, my list was possibilities based on salary.

Back
Top Bottom