More Reason To Draft Andrews | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Reason To Draft Andrews

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Lmao. If someone is telling you they've got inside information on a MESSAGE BOARD, especially on someone lasting somewhere in the draft, they are lying.

Isn't that the truth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was mildly entertaining.

Boomer you do realize then when people claim inside info and then don't back it up, its like one of my pet peeves. Don't flash the wares if ya don't have'em. And if you do and can't give'em up, don't tell people.

I for one would like to know, to what are you referring.

054 - I see, sorry. I though that's what you meant :) Humour can be hard to figure on message boards. Yep - I'm 6 hours ahead, so I should be at the end of R1 just as you guys are starting it!!! :)

Caneproud - I was basically told something very interesting by someone very close to the situation and I'll tell all asap. Like I said, I'm not being, or trying to be an idiot about it.

If we don't go Andrews, I've gotta think Lee Evans, the best DT, Vilma if for some unknown reason he's there, or Smiley, or a trade down for Carey. I've got to think with the way the FO is talking that they are looking for a guy that can start at RT at seasons opening and then shift inside when DMac is back to full health. Carey, of the non Shawn Andrews players, represents best value at that.

CK - if you care to clean out your PM box.......

Who needs insider info? The Browns need OL help as much as we do, and so do a couple of others(Jax/Pitt). So unless we move up, or some other great players fall to these three teams, I just don't see him being there.

Well I thought Rivers was all but a Steeler already. Jacksonville needs a WR pretty bad to grow up with Byron Leftwich, and I've always thought the #7 spot was way too high to be drafting a kid with the kind of question marks that Andrews has.

The weight thing isn't resolved. He got a chef, and a personal trainer, and says he'll keep both in the pros...thats a really good sign however scouts know he could just be trying to position himself in the draft to get the most money he can. The problem is that during the actual college season, he not only was big, he seemed to get bigger as the season went on which lends credence to those rumors that the night before games he'd eat with the team and then eat 2 more dinners.

If he has a willpower problem with food, that could be a serious problem in the pros. They call that a coach killer...because he'll catch everyone's eye with his talents then he wont perform up to that talent because of the weight and everyone will blame the coach.

Also the whole polyps thing seems a bit shady to me. Yeah I understand why he didn't travel with his team, and I realize the prednisone helped him...but I also don't like the fact that they could be a problem in the future.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I thought Rivers was all but a Steeler already.

I'm starting to see about as many reports saying Steelers will draft CB D. Hall as I am Rivers now.

I think they may go CB.......But this is no doubt the big pick IMO that determines if Rivers slides or not. The other scenerio on him is a SD trade back for Rivers.

Also, latest news on Andrews may be related to the Eagles trading up to 16 overall from 28. Andrews is clearly one of the best players on the board there and they need OL.

If Philly moves...it will probably be for a WR or DB/LB. It just doesn't make sense to move up by trading an OL just to draft another one.

Originally posted by Boomer

If we don't go Andrews, I've gotta think Lee Evans, the best DT, Vilma if for some unknown reason he's there, or Smiley, or a trade down for Carey. I've got to think with the way the FO is talking that they are looking for a guy that can start at RT at seasons opening and then shift inside when DMac is back to full health. Carey, of the non Shawn Andrews players, represents best value at that.

So you are saying that we are going to Reach at pick 2O overall Boomer? There isnt an OL on that list that many people see as real value at 20 overall? Even drafting WR Evans there is a reach from what I've been reading / seeing on draft coverage. Seems like it would make more sense to trade back 10-12 picks and then grab that type OL-WR while landing another selection.

Back
Top Bottom