More wood for the fire. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wood for the fire.

NathanHunt said:
External issues overshadow QB competition (Miami Herald)

A few weeks ago I was described as making a ridiculous insinuation when I mentioned a possible "conspiracy" to the Collier "stepping down". I'm sure after this thread, I'll still be miscast with Mel Gibson.

who cares? i dont. if they didnt get along. then the problem has been fixed. but your not insinuating that collier doesnt have a health problem do you? that would constitute you being miscast then. and to compare yourself to mel gibson is laughable. totally different environment.

finfan54 said:
who cares? i dont. if they didnt get along. then the problem has been fixed. but your not insinuating that collier doesnt have a health problem do you? that would constitute you being miscast then. and to compare yourself to mel gibson is laughable. totally different environment.

Johnnie Cochran to the rescue!!!!!!

If there is a rift, how does this fix it? They are still working together on the same offense, and from the article it sounds as though Trestman wants to make some changes (which I would personally welsome!) that the old and possibly the new OC won't want to make. Sounds like just as much of a soap opera to me.

So many issues everything overshadows everything in Fin land.I could care the freak less cause if issues prevented championships then the Lakers would have none.If we want to win lets play for each other and put the petty crap to the side.

Run Ricky!!!!

This sounds like a likely thing that will come out. It sounds like something you could predict would come out as soon as Collier stepped down. The truth of the matter is that, first off, the media absolutely despises having this kind of thing kept secret from them...and they get nasty when that happens. Collier won't say what the illness is, and out of respect for Collier neither will the Dolphins, but as his close friend says, its legit. Now, I'm not denying a rift between Collier and Trestman, however you could have seen that coming the moment Collier was hired. Trestman's been an offensive coordinator for years, Collier is a newbie. You knew Trestman was going to overstep his bounds and I think Wannstedt even sort of counted on it, so that Trestman could sort of teach Collier how to be a good coordinator.

Just because there was some stiffness between Collier and Trestman, that does not make this a conspiracy, nor does it mean that Collier stepped down because of it. A little stiffness between a new coordinator and a guy who has been there is to be expected, and not all that uncommon. The only reason rumor-mongers and media personalities are starting to run away with the notion of a conspiracy and the whole rift theory, is because they can't stand not knowing what this mystery illness is.

Its like a sprinter pulling himself out of a race for "personal reasons" which in reality is the fact that his wife just left him or something but he doesn't wanna tell the media that, so the media says its because he got a blister on his foot. Sure, he may actually have had a blister there, but that doesn't mean it was about to keep him from running the race.

I never wanted to imply that his health was NOT an issue. I believe it was. However, I don't believe that it was the ONLY issue or most pressing one.

I too welcome a change to the philosophy. I just think the Trestman believers should take note of his time in Oakland. Regardless of how things came about, he was a part of the turmoil on that team. And now, we have rumors of turmoil involving him in Phinz camp.

I simply don't like the special ops maneuvers the FO is pulling at times just to save face. The last thing we need this year is yet ANOTHER distraction.

Personally, I'd rather seen another Wanny guy at the helm. That way the ship would have sunk faster! I think it's apparent there is much more going wrong than we are being told. Seems almost like a free-for-all at camp. Come one, come all.

Hey, maybe we can get Cecil paroled early and bring him into the mix. Nothing surprises me at this stage.

Seems like for every ounce of credibility we acquire, we are paying with a pound of disgrace.

This sounds like a likely thing that will come out. It sounds like something you could predict would come out as soon as Collier stepped down. The truth of the matter is that, first off, the media absolutely despises having this kind of thing kept secret from them...and they get nasty when that happens. Collier won't say what the illness is, and out of respect for Collier neither will the Dolphins, but as his close friend says, its legit. Now, I'm not denying a rift between Collier and Trestman, however you could have seen that coming the moment Collier was hired. Trestman's been an offensive coordinator for years, Collier is a newbie. You knew Trestman was going to overstep his bounds and I think Wannstedt even sort of counted on it, so that Trestman could sort of teach Collier how to be a good coordinator.

Just because there was some stiffness between Collier and Trestman, that does not make this a conspiracy, nor does it mean that Collier stepped down because of it. A little stiffness between a new coordinator and a guy who has been there is to be expected, and not all that uncommon. The only reason rumor-mongers and media personalities are starting to run away with the notion of a conspiracy and the whole rift theory, is because they can't stand not knowing what this mystery illness is.

Its like a sprinter pulling himself out of a race for "personal reasons" which in reality is the fact that his wife just left him or something but he doesn't wanna tell the media that, so the media says its because he got a blister on his foot. Sure, he may actually have had a blister there, but that doesn't mean it was about to keep him from running the race.

Well i love the fact we might change something in this dead passing game i am all for that. Infact if it takes pissing off some coaches and looking bad in the media to do it i dont mind.

I'd love to see us pass more. Just don't stop Ricky from getting his 1500+.

EXHALE RICKY!

I had a very strong feeling that this was the case from tha start with Collier. It's not the deciding factor why he stepped down, but it is "one of the reasons" IMO....

I think the main reason Wanny demoted Collier was based on what he saw during the first sessions at mini-camp. He didn't like what he saw, and he knew there was still time to make a change before waiting longer, and possibly facing even more pounding by the media as a result. The Collier / Trestman rift made it even more necessary....

The Collier "health concerns" may very well be true, but after I read stuff like, "He was at the training facility during two of those days", I get the feeling that the "health concerns" were overblown, and used to cover-up the main truth of it all. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but the truth remains that Collier took a step down for more reasons than just "health concerns"....

QB coach M. Trestman was the man for the OC job, and still is IMO. He should have been given the job since day one. Not only has he been a very respected OC, he took the Raiders offense to a new level, and to the Super Bowl just two years ago....

This new guy C. Foerester hasn't done anything in comparison. Giving him the controls is a huge risk, especially in a year where Wanny is facing future unemployment....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom