More wood for the fire. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wood for the fire.

So....

Marc Trestman seems to be the offensive coordinator then?? Foerster just seems like a puppet. Looks as if Trestman, Sullivan and Wanny will make the game plan and Foerster will impliment it on game day with Wanny overriding playcalls.

Marc Trestman is taking control in offensive meetings. Don't know what to take from it.

Offensive Coordinator by committee??

NathanHunt said:
I never wanted to imply that his health was NOT an issue. I believe it was. However, I don't believe that it was the ONLY issue or most pressing one.

I too welcome a change to the philosophy. I just think the Trestman believers should take note of his time in Oakland. Regardless of how things came about, he was a part of the turmoil on that team. And now, we have rumors of turmoil involving him in Phinz camp.

I simply don't like the special ops maneuvers the FO is pulling at times just to save face. The last thing we need this year is yet ANOTHER distraction.

Personally, I'd rather seen another Wanny guy at the helm. That way the ship would have sunk faster! I think it's apparent there is much more going wrong than we are being told. Seems almost like a free-for-all at camp. Come one, come all.

Hey, maybe we can get Cecil paroled early and bring him into the mix. Nothing surprises me at this stage.

Seems like for every ounce of credibility we acquire, we are paying with a pound of disgrace.

Aren't we the optimistic one, first you say I wasn't trying to indicate that Joel wasn't ill, but then you turn around and say, but that wasn't the priority to have him step down as coordinator. Which is strange, since the close friend say that the illness was very legit. You on the other hand want to stay on the conspiracy kick, since like the news paper you don't know what the illness is. Right now, all you know is that the Man was sick enough to step down. You may know that Trestman wanted to add to the O and try new things. Of course that will tick off anybody, but I don't think Wanny would have changed OC's because of it, he knew it would cause people like you to start these kinds of threads, so I'm sure Joel's situation was legit enough to cause Wanny to change OC's. The biggest thing here is, if Trestman was the reason, why isn't he the OC since he was putting in so much input. Oblviously Wanny made the final decision and he didn't put in either former OC's. So stop with the conspiracy theories unless you have the facts. If later on your statements become true, then we'll deal with them then..but for now..why should we care if they don't want to tell all their business? As I stated before, will you tell us when you get fired?, why a girlfriend broke up with you. Why someone else was picked instead of you for some position. NO,,and we don't need to know. that's your business, just like switching coaches is Wanny's. Just chill This is just mho.. :D

Originally posted by MDFinFan
Aren't we the optimistic one, first you say I wasn't trying to indicate that Joel wasn't ill, but then you turn around and say, but that wasn't the priority to have him step down as coordinator.

We're you trying to make a point? I'm simply saying he COULD BE ill, but I don't think that's the major reason, although may be a contributing factor, why he "stepped down".

Which is strange, since the close friend say that the illness was very legit. You on the other hand want to stay on the conspiracy kick, since like the news paper you don't know what the illness is. Right now, all you know is that the Man was sick enough to step down.

Are you the close friend? Or are you now believing everything that's printed? I don't know the man was sick enough to step down. I said he MIGHT be ill and it MIGHT have contributed to the decision. But, I AND YOU do not know IF or WHAT illness he has.

You may know that Trestman wanted to add to the O and try new things.

Even some of the PLAYERS (reportedly) acknowledge that Trestman's behavior was not normal for a person of his position to step up in team meetings to make statements normally reserved by the OC. There's a difference between intelligent debate and provocative and confrontational behavior that alienates the team. Resolve issues behind closed doors and be united in front of the team.

The biggest thing here is, if Trestman was the reason, why isn't he the OC since he was putting in so much input.

Wanny is famous for smoothing over situations and being the martar. IF Trestman's behavior was unprofessional, Wanny is not the type of Coach to demote one coach and then further insult him by promoting his antagonizer. Wanny is the type of coach that believes in unity. Hiring Foerester was a neutral call. He neither condoned or sided with either coach IF said confrontations were occuring between Trestman and Collier.
And I say "said" because nothing has proven OR disproven the rumors about the disagreements that took place. Proof is what I seek and a real answer, as well.

So stop with the conspiracy theories unless you have the facts.

Until my theories are disproven, I am allowed to voice my opinion. That is the purpose of a fan board. Exchange of affection, ideas, opinions and beliefs about our beloved team. No matter how opposing one another's views are.

As I stated before, will you tell us when you get fired?, why a girlfriend broke up with you. Why someone else was picked instead of you for some position. NO

You don't know me.

Just chill

As long as I live in this country, I'll voice my opinion and respect others'. Sorry if my opinions offend you, but I'm entitled to them.

:cooldude:

MDFINFAN said:
Aren't we the optimistic one, first you say I wasn't trying to indicate that Joel wasn't ill, but then you turn around and say, but that wasn't the priority to have him step down as coordinator. Which is strange, since the close friend say that the illness was very legit. You on the other hand want to stay on the conspiracy kick, since like the news paper you don't know what the illness is. Right now, all you know is that the Man was sick enough to step down. You may know that Trestman wanted to add to the O and try new things. Of course that will tick off anybody, but I don't think Wanny would have changed OC's because of it, he knew it would cause people like you to start these kinds of threads, so I'm sure Joel's situation was legit enough to cause Wanny to change OC's. The biggest thing here is, if Trestman was the reason, why isn't he the OC since he was putting in so much input. Oblviously Wanny made the final decision and he didn't put in either former OC's. So stop with the conspiracy theories unless you have the facts. If later on your statements become true, then we'll deal with them then..but for now..why should we care if they don't want to tell all their business? As I stated before, will you tell us when you get fired?, why a girlfriend broke up with you. Why someone else was picked instead of you for some position. NO,,and we don't need to know. that's your business, just like switching coaches is Wanny's. Just chill This is just mho.. :D

Your logic dictates that former President Clinton's sexual scandel should have been kept inhouse, president Bush reasons for attacking Iraq should be kept inhouse, OJ Simpson trial should have been kept in the court room only...the point is the Dolphins are a public entity that hold themselves out to large amount of public audiences and you can for damn sure bet that we want the information. Get used to it.

Claiming a need to avoid distractions and then trying like he// to create one is confusing to me.

This wouldn't be a big deal if people could just move on and accept what has happened.

Why does anyone feel like they have a right to know anything?

What is wrong with believing what we are told? What good is going to come by uncovering some consipiracy, if there is one?

What exactly is the point?

JackHammer said:
Your logic dictates that former President Clinton's sexual scandel should have been kept inhouse, president Bush reasons for attacking Iraq should be kept inhouse, OJ Simpson trial should have been kept in the court room only...the point is the Dolphins are a public entity that hold themselves out to large amount of public audiences and you can for damn sure bet that we want the information. Get used to it.

Actually President Clinton's personal sexual habits could have been kept inhouse. Bush attacking Iraq required Men sacrificing their lives. OJ's trail could have been kept inhouse, there's penty of murder trails that go on every day and you don't know nothing about them. The point is that a Head coach can change his coaches at his discretion and and tell you he wanted to..He owes us nothing beyond that. I don't have to get use to people who want to know every little thing that happens and I will denounce it at every turn I get a chance to, so get use to that. As I said, it's my opinion..

NathanHunt said:

We're you trying to make a point? I'm simply saying he COULD BE ill, but I don't think that's the major reason, although may be a contributing factor, why he "stepped down".

Are you the close friend? Or are you now believing everything that's printed? I don't know the man was sick enough to step down. I said he MIGHT be ill and it MIGHT have contributed to the decision. But, I AND YOU do not know IF or WHAT illness he has.

Even some of the PLAYERS (reportedly) acknowledge that Trestman's behavior was not normal for a person of his position to step up in team meetings to make statements normally reserved by the OC. There's a difference between intelligent debate and provocative and confrontational behavior that alienates the team. Resolve issues behind closed doors and be united in front of the team.

Wanny is famous for smoothing over situations and being the martar. IF Trestman's behavior was unprofessional, Wanny is not the type of Coach to demote one coach and then further insult him by promoting his antagonizer. Wanny is the type of coach that believes in unity. Hiring Foerester was a neutral call. He neither condoned or sided with either coach IF said confrontations were occuring between Trestman and Collier.
And I say "said" because nothing has proven OR disproven the rumors about the disagreements that took place. Proof is what I seek and a real answer, as well.

Until my theories are disproven, I am allowed to voice my opinion. That is the purpose of a fan board. Exchange of affection, ideas, opinions and beliefs about our beloved team. No matter how opposing one another's views are.

You don't know me.

As long as I live in this country, I'll voice my opinion and respect others'. Sorry if my opinions offend you, but I'm entitled to them.

:cooldude:

What happen to that part where I said this is just mho (my humble opinion), why didn't you attack that as well.

Look at what you've wrote..You backed up my point. you got your info from a news article..So aren't you believing everythings that's printed. I'm saying I don't know..so don't keep the conspiracy thing going. The illness for all we know maybe the exact reason he stepped down. I'm not on the inside of the phins organization, and neither are you. I wasn't writing to put you down, so I don't need to know you personally to disagree with you. so chill is my advise as to what could and what might not be happening in this situation until we know further. Note I stated your theory may have legs later on, and then we deal with it. For now, this is waste, because we don't have the facts. I didn't intend to get into a argument, but simply point out a different point of veiw. As long as I'm in the country, I'll follow suite.. :D

Nathan...I still have to be wary of anything the media prints, especially JC since he has it out for the Fins (based on his actions/articles this past season and offseason).

I've sad this before, but I just can't see how a top notch businessman like WH (whether or not you or I like him as an owner, he has been very successful in the public business world and understands business ethics) would let DW move the OC back to his previous spot if the illness issue were not entirely legit. It may be that Joel wanted his old position back or felt over his head, but it would be ludicrious for DW to make this "illness" thing the issue.

It is possible that there is some friction between MT and the other offensive coaches. If that were the case, why wouldn't DW just make that announcement, replace him and move on... ?? Lying about it just doesn't make sense. The other issue is that IF this is a smokescreen, it WILL come out eventually. That would make DW look even worse than what he does now...

MT is not the coordinator because, IMHO, of two reasons...1) Trestman is a WC offense guy. If he were made the coordinator, we would have to start the offensive planning over again and while it is not impossible, we would have 25-35 players learning a new system instead of just the FAs and rookies we have now. 2) With a new QB and with JF, it would make sense that they would learn the current system quicker with a true QB coach, rather than having MT double as the QB coach and OC, like we did with NT.

Blitz...Collier missed the last day of the first camp and all of the second one, so how could his demotion be base on that ??

It could be that DW was dissapointed in Joel. If he makes the change and says that it is because of differences in offensive philosophy, then DW takes a hit on it now and in a month it is over (assuming our O comes around) and it is just another bump in this bumpy offseason. However, if he masks the change with the illness thing and it is not the predominant reason for the change, he leaves the door open for critizism from here on out, and when the real "truth" comes out...he really looks like an idiot....

The media is really out for the Fins this offseason and unfortunatly, the Fins have made it easy for them with the crap that has gone on....To let DW make it even worse with a lie, is just not likely to me....

Nice crawfish, MD.

I didn't intend to get into a argument, but simply point out a different point of veiw.

(meanwhile, earlier in the Bat Cave)

Aren't we the optimistic one,

he knew it would cause people like you to start these kinds of threads,

So stop with the conspiracy theories unless you have the facts.

You didn't mean to start an argument?

Larry, I know to be weary of what the media prints. But, let's face it, as fans, all we have is what the media prints, says or publishes. We weren't there, all we ever have is what they say. Including highlights.

However, I do understand your point. But, my point is more centered on the little details that slip through the media. The truth is rarely heard in life. Typically, we all have to be "detectives" and piece together the "stories within the story". And, in regards to finally ever discovering the truth, it never is truly revealed. Even after a catastrophe, we are given the PC version of what ownership wants us to know. Because ownership never wants fans to know exactly how bad a situation was. It reflects badly on them and does nothing but erode support for the new regime taking over.

Misdirection and plausable denial has become second nature. Damage control is job #1 in every organization. Whether they be public, private or government. And, in the tradition of damage control, I can honestly see Wanny not firing Trestman to hold the ship together. As a coach, he is in charge of maintaining discipline and cohesion within the team. After everything that has occured and with the importance of this year in relation to his job, I can see Wanny not wanting to purge Trestman and anyone else in order to take a stand against continued erosion.

From my seat in the world, I can believe Wanny is slowling trying to make the best d@mn lemonade he can with the lemons before him. And honestly, he can't just move on. This is it. This is the year. It's not like he has one year to start over and one year to perfect it. He has to do it this year. Which is why I think that lemonade has quite a sour taste right about now. And, now he's just trying to add as much sugar as possible.

So, what's the point?

What is the benefit to us, as fans, to bring everything out in the open?

Tangibly, there is no benefit inFin. Which is why damage control is employed. However, it is does not curve the human appetite to be curious about what is not known. The more it is hidden, the more speculation until one becomes compelled to search for what is denied. Because we feel it is our given right of passage as humans to have and know everything around us.

I'm going to bed now... all this Chinese is making my head hurt.

Larry, I appreciate the conjecture and inFin, would like more trivial questions to make me pontificate more about the plight of the conspiracy theorist! :friday:

I picked a h@ll of a day to quit drinking!

NathanHunt said:
Tangibly, there is no benefit inFin. Which is why damage control is employed. However, it is does not curve the human appetite to be curious about what is not known. The more it is hidden, the more speculation until one becomes compelled to search for what is denied. Because we feel it is our given right of passage as humans to have and know everything around us.

I'm going to bed now... all this Chinese is making my head hurt.

Larry, I appreciate the conjecture and inFin, would like more trivial questions to make me pontificate more about the plight of the conspiracy theorist! :friday:

I picked a h@ll of a day to quit drinking!
Nice job Nathan.

NathanHunt said:

(meanwhile, earlier in the Bat Cave)

You didn't mean to start an argument?

No I didn't, I won't run from one either, but you are already hot and ready to jump on anyone who may not share your view. If you had been here over the last couple of years, you'd know that I will frequently point out another veiw and defintely point to a person's constant hoping on a certain subject, i.e, this is not the first thread or post by you on this subject. Arguments generally miss the point because the person is too intend on proving their point, whereas here, I pointed out your not proven points but opinions that are presented as facts, and quite strongly...now if you want to argue about something either one of us can't prove...feel free, it's the off season, I have nothing else to do right now.. :D

Back
Top Bottom