Mort says the Edge in Miami next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort says the Edge in Miami next year?

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
on ESPN, Mort says that James would love to be back in his home state of Florida and he is in his last year of current contract in Indy. James in Miami next year?

He hasn't been all that great the last two years. He has some injury and mileage on him.

I would be looking for some youth for the future.

He has been pretty bad with a much better offensive team.

Edge isn't the answer. If Ricky is gone for good (I still think he will be back by Week 1), then Miami must start rebuilding. A total rebuilding process.

A youth movement. Edge isn't the guy. Either draft a RB or sign a young Free Agnet RB.

James is past his prime

A Rookie next year would be much more of an impact than James at this point in his career. A few years ago maybe but he is far past his prime. You have to admit it is hard to dispute. I loved the Edge in his prime and with the Canes and I love the idea of a Hurricane on the Phins roster at runningback but we need a healthier guy than James.

The problem would be fitting his contract under next year's salary cap. But if we can clear enough room to get him, by all means. He is now two years removed from his ACL injury, which is when most players are back at full speed. Plus the Colts can't afford to keep him.

His home state of Miami? :roflmao: Miami is a state now?

typical statement from a dullfan.

LOL

Why would Edge want to run behind a turnstyle offensive line in Miami ( which is the same offensive line that made Ricky Williams quit) when he can stay in Indy with players like Jeff Saturday and Tarik Glenn and continue to get his 1000 yards and be on a team with a chance of winning?

Edge is too OLD,
I say draft a RB #1 next year instead. ;)

DecemberChokers said:
Why would Edge want to run behind a turnstyle offensive line in Miami ( which is the same offensive line that made Ricky Williams quit) when he can stay in Indy with players like Jeff Saturday and Tarik Glenn and continue to get his 1000 yards and be on a team with a chance of winning?

Same reason Shaq wanted to come Miami, "South Beach". In addition all of his family would be an hour away in Immokalee, Fl.

I'm saying what about Steven Jackson? That kid looks for real. He even has dreads.

Back
Top Bottom