Most dissapointing season by far. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most dissapointing season by far.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I was not disappointed or suprised. I disagree with you about the talent of our roster. I knew when we did not address the OLine in the off season we were in trouble. Then when Dixon and Nails both went down I knew we were in deep trouble. This team did nothing to improve itself this off season. We did not get the linemen or the WRs that we needed. WHen I criticized the draft and the free agency I got slammed on this board. We got more defensive help, but you know Seau and Knight are older and they can't pull all the weight. That along with Jay "noodle arm" Fiedler who chokes in every important game, I knew we were a long shot.
I took a lot of crap from the faithful here. I was dubbed "negative" and not a "real fan" because I woudln't roll over and lick the teams boots. I am a realist, and I know this game. We are just not talented enough to win in this league. With the exception of Ricky, Chambers and McMichael no one on our offense would start for 80% of the other teams. On defense we are getting old and slow.

This team better get some real fire power or they are not going to make it. The sad thing is they have no money to work with. So this will be a long process not a quick solution. This may be the beginning of the end for the current Dolphin era.

We can only hope that we fire Wanny's butt out of here and get a coach in who can at least make us competitive again. Which this year we weren't.

Hear that? Its the winds of change blowing.

Addressing the OL............................ aLOT of folx knew the very same thing, but heaven help you if you say it. Reality does have a way of taking a back seat to homerism tho!! ;) But as you know, realists can NOT be a true fan tho !! ;) :lol:

Originally posted by 1972

Can you imagine what could have been if Marino had a Ricky Williams-type back? Now that would have been something.
no that would have been possibly 3 super bowls.:D

For a team this talented, this year was a major disapointment. Last year was really heartbreaking because we were so close to having a home game in the playoffs, and we blew an 11 point lead. This year, we have struggled a lot. We have had loss after loss and have slowly put ourselves out of the playoff race. Last week was really bad, and this week was also really bad. I don't think any moment this year was as bad as the Patriots game last year, but this season has been very disapointing. We are one of the most talented teams in the league and for a second season in a row the Dolphins players will be watching the playoffs from home.

I took a lot of crap from the faithful here. I was dubbed "negative" and not a "real fan" because I woudln't roll over and lick the teams boots. I am a realist, and I know this game. We are just not talented enough to win in this league. With the exception of Ricky, Chambers and McMichael no one on our offense would start for 80% of the other teams.

Konrad would definitely start on most teams.

you say every season we dont win a SB is a dissapointment,well what is one more season going to hurt say we lose the next two games not go to the play-offs and then get us a new coach.

Originally posted by dolphan39
1985 is still the most disappointing season I can ever imagine since we just made the SB, then beat the Bears on MNF and were home to play a very average Pats' team in the AFC champiosnship. And we F'ed it away in a terrential rain storm- a curse ???

I Still remeber that playoff run the Pats made, beating the jets in the swamp then the Raiders and finally beating Miami in the rain! I was 13 had only been following football a couple years and going to the Super Bowl that year was so sweet until the Bears beat the he!! out of us but the ride was pretty fun :)

Hey Unclemonty...Vida could start for my team, probably at "Tight End"

Yummy.

Hey Unclemonty...Vida could start for my team, probably at "Tight End"

Yummy.
the quarterback is Griese, and the tight-end is wide open:lol:

Back
Top Bottom