Most memorable moment as a Dolfan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most memorable moment as a Dolfan

This just sticks out in my mind because I called it before the ball was snapped.

The 2002 game when we were playing Oakland. Oakland was driving to take the lead late in the 4th qtr, with like a minute left, Gannon throws a bomb to Jerry Rice from their own side of the field, and baam, it is intercepted by Surtain to seal the victory. I remember it like it was yesterday. In the bar, another Dolphan I was with was nervous and screaming. I said relax man, Surtain.. Pick.. right here! And baam, it happens..

Being at the draft party when they selected Ted Ginn. There were a bunch of Phins alumni there signing autographs, and they looked like they wanted to rush the stage when Cam started talking. Wish they would have.

A few come to mind that others hadn't mentioned. As we all have suffered through nail biting victories through the years and (many more) last second defeats, I reminisce about the easy victories. These were games where you could actually see the victory coming. You could relax and, you know, enjoy it!
- December 31, 1994- Dolphins vs Chiefs, AFC Wild Card. Miami takes a 27-17 lead into the fourth quarter. Joe Montana throws a pick to JB Brown, then later Marcus Allen coughs up a fumble to the Miami D. Joe Montana’s last game. Miami 27- Chiefs 17. (Defense won the game)

- January 10, 1993- Dolphins vs Chargers, AFC Divisional Playoffs. Dolphins D picks off 4 Stan Humphries passes. Marino tosses 3 TD passes after 3 of those interceptions. Bolts shut out and embarrassed 31-0. (Defense won the game, see a pattern?) This would lead to an AFC Championship the next week against the Bills, in Miami.
But this game meant much more. The 90’s as some may remember were a battle against the Bills in the AFC east. We finally beat them earlier that same season in Buffalo (badly too, 37-10), and we finally had an opportunity to play them at home in January (and not in minus 40 degree snowy a#$ Buffalo! Things were looking up, I was confident we would win this final game before the Super Bowl. I was happy. Life was good. Then we laid a big fat turd the next week, 5 turnovers and only 33 rushing yards.

One of my most memorable was the "sea of hands" play against the Raiders in the playoffs...I was stunned that the pass made it through....I just stood in the living room saying what the hell??? over and over!

Positive - Fake Spike

Negative - October 23, 2000

Back
Top Bottom