Most Over rated Players in the NFL? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Over rated Players in the NFL?

My Over rated players are:

Nate Burelson
Ray Lewis
Keyshawn Johnson
Willis McGahee

*and i feel like Jake Plummer is a very skilled QB he has started to learn to keep care of the ball

Why Vick is overrated

Vick is the most overrated QB, IMO.

Here's why:

In QB rating, yardage and TDs, Vick ranks 30th this year. 2004: yds(26), rate(21), Tds(24). Notice how he never cracked the top 20 in any category. His Throughout his career, he averages under 1 TD a game. Despite his potential, it can't be denied that Vick is a below average thrower.

When it comes to scrambling, he's the most amazing running QB I've ever seen. But running is to a good QB what a HB option pass is to a RB. In other words, a QB w/ lousy throwing abilities and amazing running abilities is as great as LT if he were a lousy runner, but could throw well, for a RB that is.

Plus, Vick has some history of injury problems.

So, this QB who has a huge contract and gets a lot of attention and endorsements, is a QB who IMO isn't even in the upper third of QBs in the league. (In case you're wondering the QBs I would take over Vick are: Brady, Big Ben, P. Manning, E. Manning, Marc Bulger, Byron Leftwich, Hasselbeck, Plummer, McNabb, Palmer, Brees, Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers(on potential), Carr, Delehomme)

kastofsna120 said:
if winning is the only thing that matters, then every player on teh patriots is the best in the league at their position

use logic, k buddy?

The best way to point out that Vick is not overrated as a player is by looking at the Falcons record without him:

2005: 0-1
2004: 0-1
2003: 2-9
2002: 1-0
Total: 3-11

Conversely:
2005: 5-1
2004: 11-4
2003: 3-2
2002: 9-6
Total: 28-13

"You play to win the game."

SMadison29 said:
The best way to point out that Vick is not overrated as a player is by looking at the Falcons record without him:

2005: 0-1
2004: 0-1
2003: 2-9
2002: 1-0
Total: 3-11

Conversely:
2005: 5-1
2004: 11-4
2003: 3-2
2002: 9-6
Total: 28-13

Exactly. Look Im all for having a good pocket passer like Manning or Palmer someone like that but Vick is a really unique player. He does do amazing things on the field and he wins games. He is the leader of his team and they need him to contend. Some of the names on here surprise me, I dont think McGahee is underrated either. He is a respected Rb but no one talks like he is Jim Brown or something.

ih8brady said:
Vick is the most overrated QB, IMO.

Here's why:

In QB rating, yardage and TDs, Vick ranks 30th this year. 2004: yds(26), rate(21), Tds(24). Notice how he never cracked the top 20 in any category. His Throughout his career, he averages under 1 TD a game. Despite his potential, it can't be denied that Vick is a below average thrower.

When it comes to scrambling, he's the most amazing running QB I've ever seen. But running is to a good QB what a HB option pass is to a RB. In other words, a QB w/ lousy throwing abilities and amazing running abilities is as great as LT if he were a lousy runner, but could throw well, for a RB that is.

Plus, Vick has some history of injury problems.

So, this QB who has a huge contract and gets a lot of attention and endorsements, is a QB who IMO isn't even in the upper third of QBs in the league. (In case you're wondering the QBs I would take over Vick are: Brady, Big Ben, P. Manning, E. Manning, Marc Bulger, Byron Leftwich, Hasselbeck, Plummer, McNabb, Palmer, Brees, Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers(on potential), Carr, Delehomme)

That's got to be one of the worst arguments I have ever read for Vick being an overrated player.

A comparison of LT being a lousy runner and an average passer?
That is just ridiculous and you know it. Vick when the play breaks down or in his case when a hole opens in the line can run whenever he wants. If LT was to throw it's a designated pass play that he can run on if there is nothing open but by the time he decides to run he can only get back to LOS if he is lucky.

Vick gets 1st downs. Vick converts 3rd downs consistently and Vick has flat out just won games as a QB. Look at how much the Falcons win when he is out then look at their record when he is playing for them.

Heck, Dan Reeves got fired because Vick was essentially not playing.

Denver and Kansas City RB's

I like Holmes, but I think we'll see similar success with Larry Johnson or any other RB they stick behind that monster OL.

Dolfan2788 said:
That's got to be one of the worst arguments I have ever read for Vick being an overrated player.

A comparison of LT being a lousy runner and an average passer?
That is just ridiculous and you know it. Vick when the play breaks down or in his case when a hole opens in the line can run whenever he wants. If LT was to throw it's a designated pass play that he can run on if there is nothing open but by the time he decides to run he can only get back to LOS if he is lucky.

Vick gets 1st downs. Vick converts 3rd downs consistently and Vick has flat out just won games as a QB. Look at how much the Falcons win when he is out then look at their record when he is playing for them.

Heck, Dan Reeves got fired because Vick was essentially not playing.
::yawn::

overrated

Mike Vick - disagree, when your the reason your team wins, it's hard to call you overrated
Nate Burelson - disagree, he had a good season w/o Moss last year, and has been hurt all of this year. Plus, no one has him rated highly anyways.
Fred Smoot - agree, got alot of help from Bailey and LeVar in Washington.
Jake Delhomme -disagree, he took his team to the Super Bowl, got a raise, still put up good numbers the next year even after Steve Smith, and 4 RBs got hurt.
Warren Sapp -agree hasn't had a good season since Tampa won the Super Bowl, but he hasn't had a great season in awhile.
Travis Henry - agree, was overrated in buffalo has fallen off the radar abit to much to be considered overrated now
David Carr - disagree, has a horrible OL, and his best(and only) reciever has been hurt all year
Laverneous Coles - agree, looked good in 02, did great his first year in Washington, but hasn't done much other than those two years
Keyshawn Johnson - Agee, he's good as a number 2, but I don't want my number 2 talking that much.
Brian Urlacher - disagree, he got too caught up in his endorsements, but he's still a force. The Bears were undefeated when he played last year, and he's had a monster year this year
Chris Chambers - disagree, On this board he is, but no one in the NFL other than this board considers him a go-to guy
Ray Lewis - agree, he's still a great player, but hasn't done anythin the last two years.
Ben Roethlisberger - disagree, just look at the production the Steelers have on offense with him compared to without him.
Willis McGahee - push, started off great, but has struggled since he decided to run his mouth
Clinton Portis - disagree, he's not the great player he looked like in Denver, but he's still top 10
Sam Madison - Disagree, on this board he is, but no one in the NFL considers him a shut-down cb anymore
Champ Bailey - push, he's had a bad hamstring all year, but he is still one of the best at what he does. He one two games for Denver earlier this year, and kept them in the game against us for most of the game.
Richard Seymour - push, a great talent and deserves to be a pro bowler, but he's not All-Pro.
Jerome Bettis - disagree, all-time great, and everybody knew that his role would be short yardage when Deuce came to Pittsburgh (just had a great year last year)
Jake Plummer - push, gets some praise but gets alot of bad press to
Charles Woodson - agree to an extent, when healthy (and when he tries) he is the number 1 cb in the NFL, but he hasn't been healthy since 02, and he hasn't tried since 01.
Jonathan Ogden - this year? agree, but it's hard to call him overrated
Michael Lewis - push, really isn't mentioned by anybody as a top player, but really hasn't been a pro bowler this year
Kendrell Bell - agree, great rookie year, but hasn't done anything since
Tedy Bruschi - disagree, his leadership is what made the NE defese what it was
Brian Westbrook - agree,had a great year as a return man/change of pace back, and did good as a reciever last year, but he is not an elite runningback
Philip Rivers - on this board? yes, but hasn't done anything to be considered overrated.
Domanick Davis - disagree, with Andre Johnson being hurt most of the year, Davis is the only help Carr has
Stephen Davis - disagree, even in his 1st year with Carolina he wasn't regarded as an elite back. Injuries have slowed him down, but he can still find the end zone
Chris McAllister - agree, really hasn't done much worth mentioning the last 2 years
Priest Holmes - disagree. Sure he has a great OL, but he's a beast when healthy

Some More to Add:
Jevon Kearse-Hasn't done anything since his 2nd year in the league.
Detroit WRs-Maybe it isn't Harrington's fault their offense sucks
Roy Williams-is a great safety, but gets burnt way too much.
Sean Taylor-great athlete coming out of college, but he hasn't done anything yet (and is still considered a top S)

of COURSE david carr is overrated. he takes WAAAAY too many unnecessary sacks and makes bad decisions

again with the vick bashing!!! did you guys miss last game? have you been so blinded by your idea of what a QB is that you cant see a great QB when he's right in front of your face? i'll say it again since NO ONE CARES TO PAY ATTENTION:

1) offensive line cant pass block for crap
2) recievers cant catch a cold
3) holes open up in the middle on any running play because the DE's and LB's have to work to contain vick
4) teams have to gameplan hard against vick which means that other players, i.e. dunn and duckett, can have big games
5) can throw the ball to next year with decent accuracy
6) quickest guy in football... he may not be the fastest, but he can definitely get up and go without a seconds notice

EDIT: urlacher is not overrated either, give me a break

Back
Top Bottom