Most Over rated Players in the NFL? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Over rated Players in the NFL?

The list so far:

Mike Vick - disagree, just wins baby, overrated as a QB yes, as a player hell no
Nate Burelson - disagree, his rookie year didn't expect much, last year while Moss was hurt he had a great year, hasn't had the opportunity to shine this year since he's been hurt all but 2 games
Fred Smoot - agree, yeah, overrated
Jake Delhomme - agree, maybe slightly, not a pro bowler
Warren Sapp - agree, is he considered good anymore?
Travis Henry - agree, from his little play this year it sure looks like it
David Carr - disagree, hasn't been given a fair shake, needs an oline & his top receiver healthy
Laverneous Coles - agree, overrated vs everyone but Madison :cry:
Keyshawn Johnson - push, I don't think anyone thinks he worldly other than himself, so if I'm judging by his opinion then yes he's overrated, if I'm judging from everyone else's opinion he's right on par
Brian Urlacher - disagree, one of the top LBs in the game
Chris Chambers - disagree, I don't see how he's overrated, he's right about #20 in terms of WRs, he's definitely underachieved for one reason or another
Ray Lewis - disagree, the best LB in the NFL, injuries have dampened his #s the past couple years.
Ben Roethlisberger - disagree, IMO he was the best QB in the 04 draft, playing on the Steelers he doesn't get the chance to throw the ball a lot. Hell last week was the first game he attempted more than 30 passes in.
Willis McGahee - disagree, he's one of the top 5 in the NFL, still recovering last year & put up great #s
Clinton Portis - disagree, he's one of the top 5 in the NFL, last year his oline was decimated by injuries not to mention shaky QB play, this year he's looking like himself
Sam Madison - HELL NO, that guy must be a Bills fan
Champ Bailey - agree, he certainly hasn't played like the supposed #1 CB
Richard Seymour - agree, he gets way too much praise for what little he does, & he shouldn't make the pro bowl because he's not a DT
Jerome Bettis - disagree, he's been consistent, I've never heard anyone say that he's one of the top backs ever or a top 15 back, he's just wears a defense down
Jake Plummer - disagree, he gets way too much blame & way too little praise. Look what he's done with this team this year. Last year's disaster was Shanahan's fault for trading Portis & not having a replacement ready. The year's prior it was the horrendous defense.
Charles Woodson - agree, my #1 overrated player of all-time, all hype from college that never showed it in the pros
Jonathan Ogden - agree, nowadays he's old & slow but was great back in the day
Michael Lewis - disagree, good all around safety in a young secondary
Kendrell Bell - agree, one of those LBs that was made by the Steelers scheme
Tedy Bruschi - disagree, last year he was one of the best LBs in the NFL, I can't take anything away from that

Add ons:
Brian Westbrook - he's a bust the way Vick is a bust, he's not a RB, he's fragile, & one of the main reasons Philly lost the Super Bowl
Philip Rivers - has done nothing in the league, has so many flaws mechanically, questionable accuracy down the field over 10 yards, okay arm strength, & people want to give up top picks for him
Domanick Davis - 3.9 ypc the past two years isn't exactly great
Stephen Davis - his time has past, he's old, slow, & battered
Chris McAllister - can't cover Saban & yet he's touted as the best or second best corner in the NFL
Smush Parker - who?

westbrook is ultra talented, seymour isn't overrated, ogden is still great....but a good list still

I'll borrow Smadisons list of names because i'm to lazy to write them out myself! here goes

Mike Vick
- disagree, gets to much hype but gets nothing but bad press about his passing (deservedly)
Nate Burelson - disagree, not actually rated particuarly highly is he???
Fred Smoot - agree, massively overated, always had safety help while bailey was on an island, showing his true colours now in minny
Jake Delhomme - perhaps slightly overrated but has his share of detractors as well
Warren Sapp - In any of the last 4-5 seasons i'd agree but having watched 4 raiders games this year sapp is looking really good
Travis Henry - was overrated in buffalo has fallen off the radar abit to much to be considered overrated now
David Carr - agree, has tools but is yet to do much (admittedly his poor o-line contributes)
Laverneous Coles - agree, 1 good season with pennington 5-6 good games in washington
Keyshawn Johnson - Great hands quality number 2 guy, no one thinks hes any more than that but himself
Brian Urlacher - Overhyped more than overrated quality when on the field, injured to much though
Chris Chambers - disagree, He doesn't get much if any media attention and has all the tools to be a great player, overrated on this board but no where else
Ray Lewis - agree, 2 poor seasons in a row and counting, great player now in the autumn of his career and his insistence on jumping around like hes won a superbowl after every assisted tackle drives me insane
Ben Roethlisberger - agree - while he has been excellent to this point gets far more attention than he should for his pedestrian numbers
Willis McGahee - disagree, definately a top 10 back possibly top 5
Clinton Portis - disagree, the redskins o-line was awful last year portis has everything you could want in a back, hands, moves vision, awesome breakaway speed lacked durability in denver but seems healthier these days
Sam Madison - Disagree, only because most people have accepted he is slowing down and is no longer a top 10 cb
Champ Bailey - agree, does get burned but is left 1 on 1 more than any other db, still gets more attention than he deserves the guys not deion sanders
Richard Seymour - disagree, great at DT and 3-4 DE probably wouldn't be a bad 4-3 end one of the leagues best and most versatile linemen
Jerome Bettis - disagree, great at what he does no one expects a 260lb man to be barry sanders
Jake Plummer - push, gets some praise but gets alot of bad press to
Charles Woodson - disagree, isn't as good a player as he perhaps should have been but is still a top 5 corner
Jonathan Ogden - disagree, has been poor this season but im not ready to call him overrated just yet
Michael Lewis - agree, benefits from playing next to a hall of fame safety and 2 pro bowl corners
Kendrell Bell - agree, one good season followed by alot of injuries
Tedy Bruschi - agree, good player great instincts great attitude but isn't as good as hes hyped up to be
Brian Westbrook - agree, a receiver who lines up in the backfield, can't run if he doesn't have a hole the size of texas, the leagues best 3rd down back but shouldn't be an every down guy
Philip Rivers - push, gets to much hype but i'll wait till he sees the field before i say overrated
Domanick Davis - disagree, top 20 back i don't think anyone sees him as more tha that
Stephen Davis - agree, straight ahead runner and injury prone is not a good combo
Chris McAllister - agree, benefits from the great pressure baltimore generate up front
Priest Holmes - agree, great nose for the endzone but gets his yards because his line almost never fails to get him to the 2nd level

LtDan said:
Wow... i'm still amazed by people that say that... so yes winning doesnt matter anymore lets just have a good qb rating. hes not the best qb but hes the 2nd best player... actully maybe the best. all that matters is wins. i dont care how qb's get them. if gus can keep wining then keep him in. Notice i didnt call for a qb change like everyone else after these past couple weeks.

if winning is what matters vick is a top 5 qb, if your a stats guy that dosnt care about winning like some people on this board then he's not.

srdnaty said:
Wow... i'm still amazed by people that say that... so yes winning doesnt matter anymore lets just have a good qb rating. hes not the best qb but hes the 2nd best player... actully maybe the best. all that matters is wins. i dont care how qb's get them. if gus can keep wining then keep him in. Notice i didnt call for a qb change like everyone else after these past couple weeks.

if winning is what matters vick is a top 5 qb, if your a stats guy that dosnt care about winning like some people on this board then he's not.
if winning is the only thing that matters, then every player on teh patriots is the best in the league at their position

use logic, k buddy?

srdnaty said:

You do realize that Jay Fiedler won a very high percentage of his games in Miami, right?

FaninPatsyLand said:
You do realize that Jay Fiedler won a very high percentage of his games in Miami, right?

If Jay Fiedler had been getting us to the AFC Championship game he and Wannestadt would still be here. Vick is vital to that teams success, Fiedler wasnt vital to ours. When Vick is out of the lineup his team isnt playoff caliber, with him playing they are a contender for the title. Its completely undeniable that Vick wins in the NFL and that he is a huge part of his teams success. He isnt a good passer, he is hyped bigtime, but he is a great player.

finfansince72 said:
If Jay Fiedler had been getting us to the AFC Championship game he and Wannestadt would still be here. Vick is vital to that teams success, Fiedler wasnt vital to ours. When Vick is out of the lineup his team isnt playoff caliber, with him playing they are a contender for the title. Its completely undeniable that Vick wins in the NFL and that he is a huge part of his teams success. He isnt a good passer, he is hyped bigtime, but he is a great player.

He's got a Quarterback rating of 63.0. I don't care what he does with his legs, he's not a "great" player. He's electric, exciting and whatever other adjective you can think up to describe his athletic ability, but he isn't great.

Vick wins in the NFL because he's got a solid defense and an excellent running game backing him up. No team in this league can win on the back of one player, so to speak like Vick is the ONLY reason this team is winning is asinine at best.

FaninPatsyLand said:
He's got a Quarterback rating of 63.0. I don't care what he does with his legs, he's not a "great" player. He's electric, exciting and whatever other adjective you can think up to describe his athletic ability, but he isn't great.

Vick wins in the NFL because he's got a solid defense and an excellent running game backing him up. No team in this league can win on the back of one player, so to speak like Vick is the ONLY reason this team is winning is asinine at best.

Ofcourse hes not the only reason but to argue hes not a major reason is extremely asinine. The Falcons arent a contender without Vick, this is undeniable and has been proven when hes gone down. They have an excellent running game, and he is a major reason behind that. Vick isnt a prototype Qb, he does run often Qb ratings arent put together for a player like Vick, they are put together for a prototype Qb like Manning. Vick is the unquestioned leader of his team and his team is a championship contender every year he is healthy, when not healthy his team picks top 10. He isnt a great prototype Qb but he is a great player, any arguement against that is madeup nonsense plain and simple.

Simmer Finner said:
He isnt seen as a number 2 guy , people around the league consider him a top 10 wideout........ and a SURE number 1 guy

he's bad

Coles is bad? He is a top 10 WR but infortunately he ahsn't played w/ a good QB since Chad in '02 and he still has put up very good #s.

kastofsna120 said:
if winning is the only thing that matters, then every player on teh patriots is the best in the league at their position

use logic, k buddy?
i am buddy, i'd take brady to win a game right now over anyone else. Winning counts for qbs more than any other position because they are the field general. they lead the team and coach it on the field. qb is the most immportant position. learn the basics of football buddy

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yes and Fiedler was a good qb. never the same after this thumb injury. Fiedler is underrated by finsfans. he won games. thats what we want right.

Back
Top Bottom