Most questionable draft-day trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most questionable draft-day trade

Who overpaid the most on draft day?

• Giants (3rd in 2004, 1st and 5th in 2005 to move up three spots for Eli Manning)

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Browns (2nd round pick to move up one spot for Kellen Winslow)

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Dolphins (4th round pick to move up one spot for Vernon Carey)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Bills (2nd and 5th in 2004, 1st in 2005 for J.P. Losman)

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't you just love it when Donahoe keeps grabbing the limelight on Draft day? Drew trade , Mcgahee and now Losman.

I agree about the bills. I almost said the Gaints they gave up alot but I think Eli is likely to be a quality starter and pro bowler. The Bills gave up next years first for a bit of a reach for Ego boy. I think that 1st will be in the top 15 next year because the bills still might not be that good this year.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Personally, I think the Bills gave up way too much for Egosman.

The billy goats mortgaged their future for a (just sack me) rob johnson clone ...

But if you read their fans post's, they are just drafting for the future !! :rolleyes2

:roflmao:

Marino1983

We gave up a 2nd and 5th to take next year's first rounder a year early. Drew Bledsoe will not be extended after this year so this was necessary. JP Losman gets a one year crash course and he will be the starter in 2005. Most good GM's think more than 1 year into the future. I know this is hard to understand so I'm trying to go slow.

Not as cool as giving up a 2nd rounder for a third string backup but it'll do...

:evil:

Bills trading all that for an unproven and questioned QB in Losman was a bad choice. It was just terrible. They probably could have gotten him for a 2nd round pick.

Marino1983 said:
The billy goats mortgaged their future for a (just sack me) rob johnson clone ...

But if you read their fans post's, they are just drafting for the future !! :rolleyes2

:roflmao:

Marino1983
and what do you have... Feely? What rd. was he drafted ? Wasn't he a 3rd string qb?

Question for all finfans, what qb in next years draft can start right away if Drew is gone next year? NONE. Losman will have a year under his belt by then and I doubt we'll be trading for a 3rd string qb from the eagles either. :lol:

Prime Time said:
Bills trading all that for an unproven and questioned QB in Losman was a bad choice. It was just terrible. They probably could have gotten him for a 2nd round pick.
How proven is feely? :confused: You traded a 2nd for a 3rd string qb.

Prime Time said:
You don't know that. The Packers or Rams could have easily taken him.

The Browns made the worse trade. Giving up a second rounder to move up one spot is just horrible.

I think the Cowboys made a pretty questionable decision in their trade with the Bills. They could have had Stephen Jackson, who would have been a very good value. They definitely got some nice picks, but I think they will regret not getting Jackson.

Justasportsfan said:
How proven is feely? :confused: You traded a 2nd for a 3rd string qb.
WRONG!!!! Feeley was the second stringer, but listed as third because of NFL rules, because he did not hold the ball for the feild goal kicker. Bottom line, worst trade today moving up for Losman.. BLHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH!! Way to go Donahoe!!!

The Giants traded away the better QB, a first, third and fifth for a guy 3 spots ahead.

Said another way...they traded the #4 pick overall this year, a 3rd rounder this year, a First rounder next year and a Fifth rounder next year...to move up 3 spots.

Justasportsfan said:
Don't you just love it when Donahoe keeps grabbing the limelight on Draft day? Drew trade , Mcgahee and now Losman.

I just love the fact TD's 1st rd picks arent able to contribute in their up-coming seasons.

BB

bigbry said:
I just love the fact TD's 1st rd picks arent able to contribute in their up-coming seasons.

BB

That's ironic.

I know there's a thread around here that details the Dolphins recent first round picks...

So I guess I love the fact that the Fins 1st rd picks aren't able to contribute...ever

Back
Top Bottom