Most rabidly negative offseason ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most rabidly negative offseason ever?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
...................I'm talking about the state of the fans and the media, particularly the Florida media on the our Miami Dolphins. Personally I think this is the most disgusting I have seen it in a long time and as someone once put it in this forum, it's a trickle down effect from some of our so-called Dolphin beat writers on down to the fans. Too many wannabe GM's, not enough time-tested, patient, and mentally tough fans. I plan on being a fan till the day I die so you can bet I've got my patience cap on.

enigmatics said:
...................I'm talking about the state of the fans and the media, particularly the Florida media on the our Miami Dolphins. Personally I think this is the most disgusting I have seen it in a long time and as someone once put it in this forum, it's a trickle down effect from some of our so-called Dolphin beat writers on down to the fans. Too many wannabe GM's, not enough time-tested, patient, and mentally tough fans. I plan on being a fan till the day I die so you can bet I've got my patience cap on.

Got anymore caps???

enigmatics said:

I think a lot of it has to do with our overall success and the fact that the Dolphins have been a consistantly respectable organization for such a long and extended period of time, that anything remotely resembling trouble occurs, people get bent out of shape not knowing what to expect.

Think about it.. When's the last time Miami went 5-11?? 4-12??? 3-13??? After so long, success begins to wear off and become an expectation rather than a hope.

after all is said and done.. I feel we will be ok.

enigmatics said:

It's been worse before. After Marino and JJ left most ppl were talking about a 5-11 or 6-10 season.

Oliver...

The Fins are a good team, but going 10-6 will not get them in the playoffs next year.
And thay will not win the AFC East for years to come.Its a shame the Fins are not in
the AFC North or South.

enigmatics said:

The media relations have went sour since the day Jimmy Johnson and his S##t don't stink attitude came here.

donshula, how do you know the Fins aren't going to win the AFC East? Don't tell me the Pats have it all wrapped up??!

Well, we better just call off the season and look forward to '05. :rolleyes:

enigmatics said:

:rolleyes:

Some of you guys are too damn much.
These "holier than thou" threads deaming anyone that raises a valid potential problem on the team are worse than what you percieve as "doom and gloomers"!

Great, be a fan till the day you die! I will be too. I'll be a fan with a brain and an opinion though as well. That's why we come here. To DISCUSS the team. I don't come here to virtually hold hands and sing the Miami Dolphin fignt song. I like hearing contrasting opinions.

Mentally tough fans..... :rolleyes:

I have to say that I respect even the 100% negative posters more because at least they have an OPINION and state arguments to back up what they believe, whether I agree or not. They just don't come on and type mindless..... "hey if you're a fan you would'nt question anything and you'd support anything your team does"

Typing to see yourselves post and adding nothing.

God, these threads are tiring!

Trekbiz said:

Some of you guys are too damn much.
These "holier than thou" threads deaming anyone that raises a valid potential problem on the team are worse than what you percieve as "doom and gloomers"!

Great, be a fan till the day you die! I will be too. I'll be a fan with a brain and an opinion though as well. That's why we come here. To DISCUSS the team. I don't come here to virtually hold hands and sing the Miami Dolphin fignt song. I like hearing contrasting opinions.

Mentally tough fans..... :rolleyes:

I have to say that I respect even the 100% negative posters more because at least they have an OPINION and state arguments to back up what they believe, whether I agree or not. They just don't come on and type mindless..... "hey if you're a fan you would'nt question anything and you'd support anything your team does"

Typing to see yourselves post and adding nothing.

God, these threads are tiring!

Brilliant post Trek. There is a strong contingency here that thinks if you are critical of the team that makes you some kind of anti-fan. Fact is there is legitimate concern this offseason. Some weird unsettling things have happened.
There is cause for concern. Things may ultimatley shake out, but there is plenty of questions. More so than I can ever remember.

Trekbiz said:

The problem with some of the negative (and positive) posts is that they are stated as absolute truths, they attack those that don't agree (so much for wanting to read different opinions), and they are not backed up by facts.

Most of the positive posts that I have read state that they believe the changes this offseason will work out. The overly negative threads attempt to define reality for the the less fortunate posters too blinded to see the truth.

I've never read a post where someone stated that you shouldn't question anything. Never. I have read posts that said, a fan should give the team the benefit of the doubt.

There is a reason that this is the most negative offseason probably in......hell, the entire history of this franchise. His name is Wayne. He owns this team. Wayne had the chance to make a positive change that could have helped the Dolphins maximize the talent that the team has on the field. To get the players to deliver. Instead, he retains an extremely unpopular coach who has proven he cannot motivate the players or gain their respect (remember the lobster trap?). Wayne also tried a cheap slight of hand by reshuffling the front office hoping that noone would notice. They did.

Now there is fan backlash and resentment and hard feelings toward Wayne and Dave for the direction the Dolphins are headed. That is why this is a negative offseason. Now thats not to say that the fans are writing off the season as a wash. Hope is always there.

Dolphins13Fan said:
I think a lot of it has to do with our overall success and the fact that the Dolphins have been a consistantly respectable organization for such a long and extended period of time, that anything remotely resembling trouble occurs, people get bent out of shape not knowing what to expect.

Think about it.. When's the last time Miami went 5-11?? 4-12??? 3-13??? After so long, success begins to wear off and become an expectation rather than a hope.

Exactly and thus, some of the fans [myself included] are simply tired of being a "good" team. it's been so long since we've made any real noise that we've become impatient.

Back
Top Bottom