Most rabidly negative offseason ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most rabidly negative offseason ever?

I Say..

We going 13 and 3..So the Pats or anyone else will have to be 14 and 2 to take the division from us... Just my prediction..

I like the little stories and turmoil in our organization. It gives us spunk and character. Now we can take those frustrations out on the football field..With this VERY good team our FO put together. (All we need is more depth at RB, and WR)

Let Go Dolphins..

Nice the only people that have bases for teh arguments are the negative posters? LMAO! yeah brilliant post Trek, wow Fin-atic agrees with you, there's a fukin suprise,LOL! No you dont realize is that it is you that dont respect opinions, why? Because when confronted about your so-called facts, how do you respond? With "everyone disrespects those with a differing opinion" instead of backing up what you say. You have a right to yourt opinion, but state it as such instead as fin-atic does and state opinions as fact. Basically if your opinions are fact, there is no reason to watch a single game this year, it is pretty boring knowing the outcome of teh season before it is played. That is why I dont tape games and watch them over and over, boring. NFL networks and Espn show hilites year round.

I do not guarentee we will be in teh super bowl this year, I think most have learned our lesson about predictions, like I said most. Remember negative predictions are the same as pos predictions.

See the real issue is every single move made was questioned, beaten to death because of not being so-called guarentees in the eyes of individual fans, yet the otpions they wanted were no more of a guarentee. If you the only thing that will make feel good is if teh team does exactly what you want them to, then you will always be disappointed, Rick aint callin ya to get your advice. Go ahead and question the moves, that is your perogative, but respect is a 2 way street.

Through the prism of this board, perhaps. There's so much negative reinforcement here. Opinions from half-informed fans are repeated so much that the begin to substitute for truths.

Speculation on calamity is just as non-sensical as speculation that we're SB bound. It's just filler 'cause we're all so bored waiting for the season.

I might be off-base here, but when I discovered this board, I felt like the football knowledge & understanding was at a pretty high level, but lately there seems to be an influx of lurkers, kids, other teams' fans stirring things up, & a bunch of the people who made some of the other boards irritating to be on. Not all of the new folks, but the tone of the discussion around here is much more negative. I welcome opposing views and thoughtful insight and the more the merrier, but I have trouble believing some of you are actually fans of this team.

Part of the FUN of being a fan is the suspense involved with "will we win?" and understanding that we might not. Getting gloomy before we even have training camp is just silly. If Ricky breaks a leg the week before the Jets game I'd get bummed, but I'd still think we'd be able to beat them. So why would I get worried now? Why would you? If you just can't handle the suspense & need to be negative so you aren't heartbroken after the fact, then maybe you'd be happier taking up cross-stitching, whittling, or becoming a Yankee fan....

Maybe you're all just frustrated because the offseason hasn't been more exciting & last year ended on such a sour note, but c'mon..get a grip.

And don't give me any of that "oh you're a sheep cause you blindly root for the team" kinda crap. Being a fan just means that you care. But there's a difference between caring in a I-want-you-to-succeed-and-will-be-sad-for-you-if-you-don't way, and the more creepy let-me-rant-about-how-you're-doomed-to-fail-if-you-don't-meet-my-preconcieved-notions-of-success attitude that seems so prevalent.

No one has any idea what the future holds for the Miami Dolphins. Every decision this offseason has the potential to contribute for our triumph or disaster.

Our franchise has capable FO & coaches (maybe not the best, but at least middle-of-the-pack), our overall talent level has improved - at least at face value, and we've added depth and youth. We have weaknesses, as does every team, but the outlook is just as bright as it always is.

So, I guess I'm saying that some of you need to get your panties un-twisted, have a beer, relax, & look forward to taunting the Pats fans when we stomp them in October...

:beerbang:

Don't mean to be bitchy...just in a mood...it's all good, kids. ;)

MaxPower said:
Through the prism of this board, perhaps. There's so much negative reinforcement here. Opinions from half-informed fans are repeated so much that the begin to substitute for truths.

Speculation on calamity is just as non-sensical as speculation that we're SB bound. It's just filler 'cause we're all so bored waiting for the season.

I might be off-base here, but when I discovered this board, I felt like the football knowledge & understanding was at a pretty high level, but lately there seems to be an influx of lurkers, kids, other teams' fans stirring things up, & a bunch of the people who made some of the other boards irritating to be on. Not all of the new folks, but the tone of the discussion around here is much more negative. I welcome opposing views and thoughtful insight and the more the merrier, but I have trouble believing some of you are actually fans of this team.

Part of the FUN of being a fan is the suspense involved with "will we win?" and understanding that we might not. Getting gloomy before we even have training camp is just silly. If Ricky breaks a leg the week before the Jets game I'd get bummed, but I'd still think we'd be able to beat them. So why would I get worried now? Why would you? If you just can't handle the suspense & need to be negative so you aren't heartbroken after the fact, then maybe you'd be happier taking up cross-stitching, whittling, or becoming a Yankee fan....

Maybe you're all just frustrated because the offseason hasn't been more exciting & last year ended on such a sour note, but c'mon..get a grip.

And don't give me any of that "oh you're a sheep cause you blindly root for the team" kinda crap. Being a fan just means that you care. But there's a difference between caring in a I-want-you-to-succeed-and-will-be-sad-for-you-if-you-don't way, and the more creepy let-me-rant-about-how-you're-doomed-to-fail-if-you-don't-meet-my-preconcieved-notions-of-success attitude that seems so prevalent.

No one has any idea what the future holds for the Miami Dolphins. Every decision this offseason has the potential to contribute for our triumph or disaster.

Our franchise has capable FO & coaches (maybe not the best, but at least middle-of-the-pack), our overall talent level has improved - at least at face value, and we've added depth and youth. We have weaknesses, as does every team, but the outlook is just as bright as it always is.

So, I guess I'm saying that some of you need to get your panties un-twisted, have a beer, relax, & look forward to taunting the Pats fans when we stomp them in October...

Outstanding Post!!!! :clap: :up:

Trekbiz said:
:rolleyes:

Some of you guys are too damn much.
These "holier than thou" threads deaming anyone that raises a valid potential problem on the team are worse than what you percieve as "doom and gloomers"!

Great, be a fan till the day you die! I will be too. I'll be a fan with a brain and an opinion though as well. That's why we come here. To DISCUSS the team. I don't come here to virtually hold hands and sing the Miami Dolphin fignt song. I like hearing contrasting opinions.

Mentally tough fans..... :rolleyes:

I have to say that I respect even the 100% negative posters more because at least they have an OPINION and state arguments to back up what they believe, whether I agree or not. They just don't come on and type mindless..... "hey if you're a fan you would'nt question anything and you'd support anything your team does"

Typing to see yourselves post and adding nothing.

God, these threads are tiring!

Obviously you've never seen any of my other posts. But I guess I could see where you get so mad, because I refuse to get into any of the pissing matches you get into...................typing to see myself post? Yeah man, lemme tell you, everyday I wake up and think to myself "ok gotta type one" .....then I read it and high-five myself. Oh and don't lemme forget I use cute little emoticons for added effect ....I'll even throw in a free "LOL"......

Who said anything about me supporting anything my team does??????? Please tell me where I wrote that in my statement. Don't be mad because I persevere as a fan and you lock yourself in your room after reading a negative Dan Le Betard article.

rickeyrunsover said:
See the real issue is every single move made was questioned, beaten to death because of not being so-called guarentees in the eyes of individual fans, yet the otpions they wanted were no more of a guarentee. If you the only thing that will make feel good is if teh team does exactly what you want them to, then you will always be disappointed, Rick aint callin ya to get your advice. Go ahead and question the moves, that is your perogative, but respect is a 2 way street.

Amen bro.........and I think in the end that's why alot of these guys get so uprooted over all of this because in the end they don't have any control whatsoever in any of the Dolphin processes except whether they decide to buy a ticket or merchandise. And I doubt we'll ever see massive boycott on the part of the fans, that's where there only power would arise from.

I definately do not agree with a ton of what's transpired this offseason. I just choose a calmer way of going about it instead of harping and harping and harping and pissing on each other. And that's not being holyier than thou - that's just leading a less stressful life.

Im not getting into the politics of why who posted what but..

I wanted to come here and offer positivity, that's the reason for my hopeful starry eyed prediction. Im originally from the now or soon to be desloved phinzone board, and I felt like coming here and providing a breath of fresh air. I'm sure there will be other phinzone heads up in here. I want to fellowship with fellow fin fans in the know, so I can talk trash to the NJ Jet and Giant fans in NY whom we (the Dolphins) by the way swept in the swamp last year...

Of course 13-3 is far fetched, but who's to say it wont happen. We just dont know. I can admit I am aftraid of any injury or possible suspension to Ricky Williams and the ramifications of such a loss. But I am excited to see Boston steamroll a 5'9" 175lbs DB in his way on a simple screen. We have the potential to have a very physical offense to go with our occasionally and needs to be more consistantly amazing defense.

With all we've been through,december collapses, 10 and 6 but no playoffs, losing to the Texans, front office issues,etc etc, it's playoffs or bust baby..

By the way AJ Feely really looks good with our team on my Madden 2004..lol..For the "kids" that are out there or big ones like myself..

And sorry to say, I AM a Yankees fan... And from 1982 to 1994 it wasn't all that easy...

MaxPower said:

You sir get a giant KUDOS .................. loved every word of it.

We've only had two losing seasons in our history. Both of them were over 20 years ago, anyway. We are the winningest club in sports, and I have faith that, that trend will continue.

When O-Gun resigns, it will send out a positive vibe... and hopefully also with some June 1st pick ups, it'll also help the club.

Dolphins13Fan said:
Think about it.. When's the last time Miami went 5-11?? 4-12??? 3-13??? After so long, success begins to wear off and become an expectation rather than a hope.

As a Pats fan (and season ticket holder for 10 years during the late '80's and early '90's), I have sat through some miserable seasons like 1-15 and 2-14.

Miami always seems to put very competitive teams on the field year after year. Your track record speaks for itself.

However, the Phins always seem to come up short when it comes to the playoffs and a run to the Super Bowl.

I guess my question would be would you like to continue with the 10, 11, 12 win seasons and still fall short or would you exchange that for a couple of 5-11 and 4-12 seasons, clean house and then make a run for a Super Bowl win?

All this gloom and doom and we haven't played our first pre-season game yet. Our biggest problem last year was O-Line and we got Jeno James, Vernon Carey, Pape, Hadnot, more muscle and weight to enhance his strength on Wade Smith and St. Clair and dumped all of our dead wood. Ruddy, Perry and Nails haven't gleaned interest from anybody in the N.F.L. and they were 60% of our O-Line. That's a huge reason why we struggled on Offense and we've corrected it. I know it needs time to gel but I have faith that Wise will have his unit ready. Young, powerful hungry studs giving Ricky some holes to run threw. If not holes then creases and that's all he needs to punish the other team. I can't wait. So Collier went back to his old job and Chris gets put in as O.C. IMO he will be just fine. So it's been a nutty off-season. BF deal. All that matters is that on opening day Feeley is ready to throw passes to a slimmed down David Boston behind an O-Line that's ready to pass protect and get some push for Ricky. That opens up play-action and we're rocking and rolling. Nobody is saying that Coach Gibbs made a mistake getting Brunell. Feeley could easily have a better year than Brunell. Then who's the smart Front Office. Guys, I know we're bored stiff and it's been wierd with the Marino thing and Damian McIntosch having the injury, Collier getting ill but I think we got a great kid in Vernon Carey, I think David Boston going to be a heck of a player for us, I like the new guys at Cornerback and I wouldn't be surprised to see Poole play some awesome Football for the Dolphins. The negatives of this off-season are all stuff we can handle. This team has plenty of time to come together and play very well so let's keep the team healthy during the offseason, let's root for Trestman to get the most out of Feeley and for Sullivan to do the same for Boston and for Wise to take this O-Line and mold it into something special. June 1 could bring us a 3rd reciever or depth at linbacker or who knows who could fall our way. The point is we're not done tweaking this team so it's not like we're Roy Jones after getting hammered by Tarver. We're FAR from being knocked out. This team has a proud tradition and come opening day I'd be shocked if we didn't play the heck out of the Titans. Too much already about the Front Office, come opening day you won't see any of them jog out on the field to play in the game. You'll see the likes of Jason Taylor, Ricky Williams, Pat Surtain, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Carey, Madison, Jr., hopefully O-Gun, Bowens, a slimmed down Larry Chester, Zach Thomas, Rob Konrad. That's a pretty good core of players to build around so c'mon boys and girls, let's not flip out just yet. If we suffer some key injuries and come out of the gate 0-3 I'll be happy to flip out with you but let's get behind the team and stop predicting failure. Have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

jaketaylor said:
There is a reason that this is the most negative offseason probably in......hell, the entire history of this franchise. His name is Wayne. He owns this team. Wayne had the chance to make a positive change that could have helped the Dolphins maximize the talent that the team has on the field. To get the players to deliver. Instead, he retains an extremely unpopular coach who has proven he cannot motivate the players or gain their respect (remember the lobster trap?). Wayne also tried a cheap slight of hand by reshuffling the front office hoping that noone would notice. They did.

Now there is fan backlash and resentment and hard feelings toward Wayne and Dave for the direction the Dolphins are headed. That is why this is a negative offseason. Now thats not to say that the fans are writing off the season as a wash. Hope is always there.

Where will you be Sept 12 ???

rickeyrunsover said:
Nice the only people that have bases for teh arguments are the negative posters?

While your LMAO looking like a tool why don't you peruse through my post and show me where I said that negative posters are the only ones with a bases for an argument? I'll wait......

That's right take your rather large foot out of your mouth.
That's the problem with this board. Posts like this. You add nothing, just like the above post. You can't even reply without looking like a fool because you don't even reply to the basis of the post. Maybe some just can't read or comprehend.

My post remarked that we come here to discuss the team positive, negative and everything in between. That means both sides should be able to debate, but with some intelligent reasoning. Your insight above dosen't qualify as such. Sorry.

rickeyrunsover said:
No you dont realize is that it is you that dont respect opinions, why? Because when confronted about your so-called facts, how do you respond? With "everyone disrespects those with a differing opinion

You better be able to back that claim up brother. Sounds like you pulled that out or your arse to me. Bring it. Show me something, again I'll wait.....

You guys are like little babies. It's funny as heck. If any journalist says anything that you don't like you call them morons and that the media is weak.

Great argument. Well thought out. :rolleyes:
I post that I'd like to hear REASONS why you think they are and you respond with the garbage above. :roflmao:

I come here to read differing opinion and not babies like you posting garbage like " I DON'T LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THE DOLPHINS!" :cry:

BSQX4 said:
All this gloom and doom and we haven't played our first pre-season game yet. Our biggest problem last year was O-Line and we got Jeno James, Vernon Carey, Pape, Hadnot, more muscle and weight to enhance his strength on Wade Smith and St. Clair and dumped all of our dead wood. Ruddy, Perry and Nails haven't gleaned interest from anybody in the N.F.L. and they were 60% of our O-Line. That's a huge reason why we struggled on Offense and we've corrected it. I know it needs time to gel but I have faith that Wise will have his unit ready. Young, powerful hungry studs giving Ricky some holes to run threw. If not holes then creases and that's all he needs to punish the other team. I can't wait. So Collier went back to his old job and Chris gets put in as O.C. IMO he will be just fine. So it's been a nutty off-season. BF deal. All that matters is that on opening day Feeley is ready to throw passes to a slimmed down David Boston behind an O-Line that's ready to pass protect and get some push for Ricky. That opens up play-action and we're rocking and rolling. Nobody is saying that Coach Gibbs made a mistake getting Brunell. Feeley could easily have a better year than Brunell. Then who's the smart Front Office. Guys, I know we're bored stiff and it's been wierd with the Marino thing and Damian McIntosch having the injury, Collier getting ill but I think we got a great kid in Vernon Carey, I think David Boston going to be a heck of a player for us, I like the new guys at Cornerback and I wouldn't be surprised to see Poole play some awesome Football for the Dolphins. The negatives of this off-season are all stuff we can handle. This team has plenty of time to come together and play very well so let's keep the team healthy during the offseason, let's root for Trestman to get the most out of Feeley and for Sullivan to do the same for Boston and for Wise to take this O-Line and mold it into something special. June 1 could bring us a 3rd reciever or depth at linbacker or who knows who could fall our way. The point is we're not done tweaking this team so it's not like we're Roy Jones after getting hammered by Tarver. We're FAR from being knocked out. This team has a proud tradition and come opening day I'd be shocked if we didn't play the heck out of the Titans. Too much already about the Front Office, come opening day you won't see any of them jog out on the field to play in the game. You'll see the likes of Jason Taylor, Ricky Williams, Pat Surtain, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Carey, Madison, Jr., hopefully O-Gun, Bowens, a slimmed down Larry Chester, Zach Thomas, Rob Konrad. That's a pretty good core of players to build around so c'mon boys and girls, let's not flip out just yet. If we suffer some key injuries and come out of the gate 0-3 I'll be happy to flip out with you but let's get behind the team and stop predicting failure. Have you ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Amen brother. I left all my dirty laundry in the closet once the FA period started. Right out the Gate We signed a Top OL, CB and added a top flight receiver. Address our o-line issues with young athletic athletes. I'm not even worried because I trust the real GM's alot more than I believe the so call GM's.. This is going to be a great year. I say 12-4 Easy..

enigmatics said:
Obviously you've never seen any of my other posts. But I guess I could see where you get so mad, because I refuse to get into any of the pissing matches you get into...................typing to see myself post? Yeah man, lemme tell you, everyday I wake up and think to myself "ok gotta type one" .....then I read it and high-five myself. Oh and don't lemme forget I use cute little emoticons for added effect ....I'll even throw in a free "LOL"......

Who said anything about me supporting anything my team does??????? Please tell me where I wrote that in my statement. Don't be mad because I persevere as a fan and you lock yourself in your room after reading a negative Dan Le Betard article.

I'm just saying that this type of thread is just as bad as the ones you're calling out.

It's gotten so bad around here that you are labeled as a homer or a negative poster any time you post any thought! It's rediculous and it's gotten out of control on BOTH sides.

You persevere as a fan...... :confused:
congrats
I lock myself in a room after reading a negative DLB article........ :roflmao:
OK..... :goof:

Back
Top Bottom