Most rabidly negative offseason ever? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most rabidly negative offseason ever?

MaxPower said:
Through the prism of this board, perhaps. There's so much negative reinforcement here. Opinions from half-informed fans are repeated so much that the begin to substitute for truths.

Speculation on calamity is just as non-sensical as speculation that we're SB bound. It's just filler 'cause we're all so bored waiting for the season.

I might be off-base here, but when I discovered this board, I felt like the football knowledge & understanding was at a pretty high level, but lately there seems to be an influx of lurkers, kids, other teams' fans stirring things up, & a bunch of the people who made some of the other boards irritating to be on. Not all of the new folks, but the tone of the discussion around here is much more negative. I welcome opposing views and thoughtful insight and the more the merrier, but I have trouble believing some of you are actually fans of this team.

Part of the FUN of being a fan is the suspense involved with "will we win?" and understanding that we might not. Getting gloomy before we even have training camp is just silly. If Ricky breaks a leg the week before the Jets game I'd get bummed, but I'd still think we'd be able to beat them. So why would I get worried now? Why would you? If you just can't handle the suspense & need to be negative so you aren't heartbroken after the fact, then maybe you'd be happier taking up cross-stitching, whittling, or becoming a Yankee fan....

Maybe you're all just frustrated because the offseason hasn't been more exciting & last year ended on such a sour note, but c'mon..get a grip.

And don't give me any of that "oh you're a sheep cause you blindly root for the team" kinda crap. Being a fan just means that you care. But there's a difference between caring in a I-want-you-to-succeed-and-will-be-sad-for-you-if-you-don't way, and the more creepy let-me-rant-about-how-you're-doomed-to-fail-if-you-don't-meet-my-preconcieved-notions-of-success attitude that seems so prevalent.

No one has any idea what the future holds for the Miami Dolphins. Every decision this offseason has the potential to contribute for our triumph or disaster.

Our franchise has capable FO & coaches (maybe not the best, but at least middle-of-the-pack), our overall talent level has improved - at least at face value, and we've added depth and youth. We have weaknesses, as does every team, but the outlook is just as bright as it always is.

So, I guess I'm saying that some of you need to get your panties un-twisted, have a beer, relax, & look forward to taunting the Pats fans when we stomp them in October...

:beerbang:

Don't mean to be bitchy...just in a mood...it's all good, kids. ;)

I agree with all of this.
Unfortunately, all this childish posting both ways has made it IMPOSSIBLE to have an intelligent discussion (i.e. exchange of viewpoints) on this board.

Trekbiz said:
You guys are like little babies. It's funny as heck. If any journalist says anything that you don't like you call them morons and that the media is weak.

:

"Brother" it's not that we are against what the journalists are saying, we are against the end-all-tell-all of it. David Boston develops bleeding in his leg and held out of minicamp and suddenly he's a bust, causing fights with the strength coach, and being the Boston of SD (all of these which were ridiculously unfounded, no facts to them whatsoever, but we're claimed before we knew about the bleeding). It didn't take, but one incident for the harping birds to start flying and that to me doesn't show any patience whatsoever - that's just waiting to attack the next incident. If you want to find something bad you'll find it man............ in any situation, any team........ look at the Patriots, just won the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in 3 years and they've got Ty Law shooting his mouth off, making accusations .......they just aquired a known locker room punk in Corey Dillon, but they don't concentrate on it.

NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET! Get it? The season hasn't happened ......... if you're going to deny that the negative fans in here have already put their nostradamus-esque "we're screwed for next season" spins on our team than you my friend haven't been reading any of the forum posts. I myself am not sitting here saying we're gonna bomb, but I'm also not sitting here saying we're gonna win the SB either. I just refuse to concentrate soley on all the crap of the organization. I'm not being blind, I just don't have any control over it. And again most of the crap everyone is being negative about HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!!!!!! It would be one thing if we walked into this next season with the same players on O-Line, no QB competition, no legitimate No.2 reciever and Dave Wannstedt controlling player personnel. Then I could see the validity in saying were royally F'ed. But since that's not the case, we by default have a chance at improving.

The things is too many people will never be happy till we win an SB. That's just downright sad. You can't win the SB every year, so does that mean once we win it we'll all revert to being obnoxiously negative till we do??? I just don't see the point in it. In parting, I'll say that things like the Feeley trade pissed me off to no end. I thought we gave up two much for something so unproven. But, I got over it........it happened, he's on our team, and I would love nothing more than to see the guy break out of the ranks of the unknown and morph into Super Bowl cover boy. Without negative opinions you'd have the most lopsided, skewed discussions ever. Yet there's a MASSIVE gap between being a little concerned and just plain harping. Some people need to say what they feel, get it out there and then GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many times must we hear somebody tell us about how much they hate Wayne or Wanny????? What's constructive about that????? I just don't understand that line of thinking.

Trekbiz said:
I'm just saying that this type of thread is just as bad as the ones you're calling out.

It's gotten so bad around here that you are labeled as a homer or a negative poster any time you post any thought! It's rediculous and it's gotten out of control on BOTH sides.

You persevere as a fan...... :confused:
congrats
I lock myself in a room after reading a negative DLB article........ :roflmao:
OK..... :goof:

No........it's when you post the same thought over and over again. We don't mind the first one, it actually lends better perspective............but when somebody continues to ridicule till the bloody death then it's losing it's effectiveness. Put it this way man, it would be like if you just got accepted into college, you don't know how it's gonna go or what that college holds for you, but you've got this friend who didn't get into college barking in your ear over and over again how much you're gonna hate it and that nothing good will ever come from it.

Trekbiz said:
I agree with all of this.
Unfortunately, all this childish posting both ways has made it IMPOSSIBLE to have an intelligent discussion (i.e. exchange of viewpoints) on this board.

100% Correct.

This is why I have severely curtailed my posting.

zachseau13 said:
100% Correct.

This is why I have severely curtailed my posting.

Same here..........I used to post all the time over at other places like ESPN and FinForum, but I stopped because of the same reasons. I'm starting to see the same things erupt in this forum and it disappoints me.

TyBless said:
By the way AJ Feely really looks good with our team on my Madden 2004..lol..For the "kids" that are out there or big ones like myself..

Ha! That's the 1st thing I did after we nabbed him. He did look good, though in Madden Fiedler never really slowed me down....

Back
Top Bottom