Mostly likely 1st round pick in 2017? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mostly likely 1st round pick in 2017?

Leonard Fournette could be the final piece to the offense and would propel the entire team. He's a game changer. But the pick looks like it's going to be defense with DE and CB at the top of the list.

Yeah but if we're picking high enough to get Fournette I'm guessing that means we need a quarterback.

After the draft fell the way it has 2 years in a row.. And we got 2 players who really shouldn't of been there, why are we asking this

Here are some of my early thoughts.

1. Looks like one of the most talented drafts for edge rushers. This is good news for Miami since Cam Wake will be 35 at the end of the season and Mario Williams 32. This would be the most obvious choice with no young talent to speak of for the Dolphins at DE.

2. I don't know how much longer the team can ignore the linebacker position. On paper, that position looks pretty bad unless Kiko Alonso has a comeback year and stays healthy. Even if he does that, would have to think linebacker early. Looks to be some talent there as well.

3. Agree with others if Miami is picking in top 10 it likely means Ryan Tannehill's didn't progress. That would be the worst case scenario in that the team would have to go qb.

4. Seems like this would be a heavy defensive draft for Miami...but if the team is picking later than expected a name to keep in mind might be O.J. Howard from Alabama. That's if pass rushers are off the board. Howard would seem like a Gase guy all the way.

The best defensive player available in round 1....I see us picking in the 20's.

How about Jonathan Allen DE Alabama?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will come down to LB and DE. If the top LB is there we must jump on it but DE will be our most needed position for the future going into next year.

We could cause we need Defense 1st round. Humphrey, Foster or Allen out of Bama would be great picks, maybe Evans depending how he grows through the season but he could have the highest ceiling of them all besides Humphrey

Preach it..my RollTide brother....

We could cause we need Defense 1st round. Humphrey, Foster or Allen out of Bama would be great picks, maybe Evans depending how he grows through the season but he could have the highest ceiling of them all besides Humphrey

I'm not going to disagree but have been impressed by J Hurts that I have not focused on a specific player on the Tide D. I loved the beatdown the put on the Trojans & am hoping Troy W & the Utes (y'all remember the U of Utah, right? :D) can do the same Friday

I'm not going to disagree but have been impressed by J Hurts that I have not focused on a specific player on the Tide D. I loved the beatdown the put on the Trojans & am hoping Troy W & the Utes (y'all remember the U of Utah, right? :D) can do the same Friday

Hurts is very impressive so far. I haven't seen a game of yalls this year but I'm sure y'all will do about the same. That team is turmoil right now and y'all making them 1-3 will be awesome. Good luck to the Utes that yes I do still remember like it was yesterday lol we still haven't really had a beat down like that since then

Back
Top Bottom