Mr H. Gives Vote of Confidence and Saban tells him he's staying!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr H. Gives Vote of Confidence and Saban tells him he's staying!!!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
if it was then Saban would be the head coach of at least 10 NFL teams and a few more college teams. In fact if it was true coaches would NEVER stay at the same place for more than two years. Cower would be a Titan, Fisher would be a cowboy, Parcells would of coached every team in the NFL, etc...

Geez, why don't you exaggerate a little. There have been no RUMORS for the things you just listed. We are talking about rumors. Alot of the time, when you hear a rumor over and over again, it turns out to have validity. IS that not true? Yes it is. IF this one isn't true, then good. But when you hear something like this alot, it usually turns out to be true.

Why do people go out there way and try so hard to be sarcastic? What you said has NOTHING to do with the rumors about Saban INTERVIEWING for a college job.

SCall13 said:
Geez, why don't you exaggerate a little. There have been no RUMORS for the things you just listed. We are talking about rumors. Alot of the time, when you hear a rumor over and over again, it turns out to have validity. IS that not true? Yes it is. IF this one isn't true, then good. But when you hear something like this alot, it usually turns out to be true.

Why do people go out there way and try so hard to be sarcastic? What you said has NOTHING to do with the rumors about Saban INTERVIEWING for a college job.

Actually there were quite a few rumors for every specific thing that he listed. There were persistent rumors that Jeff Fisher was going to coach the Cowboys, persistent rumors that Bill Parcells was going to coach...well, everyone (including Alabama, who supposedly turned him down for the job).

There were persistent rumors that Bill Cowher was going to coach the Titans.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
If we miss the playoffs in 2007 then the axe may fall on Nick.

Nah I think he's got 2 more years. He's got 3 more years under contract, we'd have to be really bad either in 2007 or 2008 for him to get the axe. Being good but not quite making it, takes longer to get the axe unless the team looks outwardly outcoached (which it doesn't)

"And he [Saban] said, 'If I was going to go somewhere sometime, I won't go until this job is finished, and we haven't finished our job here.' ..."

Guys, you know what this means?

Spiff said:
"And he [Saban] said, 'If I was going to go somewhere sometime, I won't go until this job is finished, and we haven't finished our job here.' ..."

Guys, you know what this means?

Umm, that he's not leaving until he wins a Super Bowl or he gets fired?

ckparrothead said:
Actually there were quite a few rumors for every specific thing that he listed. There were persistent rumors that Jeff Fisher was going to coach the Cowboys, persistent rumors that Bill Parcells was going to coach...well, everyone (including Alabama, who supposedly turned him down for the job).

There were persistent rumors that Bill Cowher was going to coach the Titans.

Wow, I must be out of the loop, because I missed the persistant rumors.

Roman529 said:
Contract??? That doesn't gaurantee anything these days. Look at Larry Brown in the NBA. :lol:

Yeah no crap man. Plus the Knicks paid his a$$ to leave. Lucky SOB :lol:

nice read. Didnt seem completely convincing with the saban going to another place part but it did seem VERY convincing on the WH firing him part.

Saban is NOT going anywhere, but I guarrantee there will be another thread about him leaving by the end of the day.

ckparrothead said:
Nah I think he's got 2 more years. He's got 3 more years under contract, we'd have to be really bad either in 2007 or 2008 for him to get the axe. Being good but not quite making it, takes longer to get the axe unless the team looks outwardly outcoached (which it doesn't)

it won't be an "easy" line up (Baltimore, Cincinnati, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington) in 07, at least on paper. if we had to play the projected 07 teams this year, we'd probably have a worse record. our defense is not getting any younger and i hope our offense will be more cohesive.

killakimo said:
it won't be an "easy" line up (Baltimore, Cincinnati, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington) in 07, at least on paper. if we had to play the projected 07 teams this year, we'd probably have a worse record. our defense is not getting any younger and i hope our offense will be more cohesive.

We do have developing youth on our D though. Rodrique Wright, Vickerson, Fred Evans, Roth, Daniels, Crowder, maybe maybe Manny Wright.

Never say never. But, in all honesty I just don't see Saban at Bama or another NFL team after this season. If he wanted to stay in the SEC he could have stayed at LSU where the situation is much better than at Bama. Of course we don't know what Saban's contract states about buyouts. At this point I lean toward Wayne H.'s word over speculative rumors.

OMFG! NFL Network just ran the story saying that Saban WILL interview for the Alabama job.. How incompetent can the media be!? How many ways does a man have to refute a story before they let it die!?

Back
Top Bottom