Mr. Ross, No More Half Measures! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Ross, No More Half Measures!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

The biggest problem with this franchise is that for nearly a decade they’ve been mush-mashing a hodgepodge of front office personnel with coaching personnel and expecting them to collaborate on a unified plan.

Fire a coach, keep the GM. Pair the GM with a coach who won’t challenge him. Fire the GM, pair the coach with a GM who can work with him. Rinse, repeat.

This madness doesn’t work. There is no vision. No accountability. It leads to constant in-fighting and an atmosphere that is risk averse because everyone is trying to cover their own ass.

This failed tactic needs to end now. It’s time to rip the bandaid off and reboot from the ground up around nucleus of football people who share the same goals, same vision, and share accountability.

Strike down the new mangled trifecta of Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase and start fresh with one leader... a GM... who will set the vision and hire the coach who will help bring that vision to life.

The only caveat to that is that I would consider bringing in one of the Harbaughs to set the foundation and hire their own GM, but those would be the only coaches I would do it for.

Bottom line, we need a full measure. All 3 need to go TOGETHER!

No more half measures!

The front office and the coaches must go. I hate Tannehill but if hes the only one to stay and we draft someone I'll support that decision. Anything else and I'm really taking a break from caring about the Dolphins.

Ross needs to be done with it and throw the bank at Harbaugh! That’s the coach he covets and a coach who has won in the league. Just get him and be done with it

Ross needs to be done with it and throw the bank at Harbaugh! That’s the coach he covets and a coach who has won in the league. Just get him and be done with it

He won’t throw the bank at Jim Harbaugh because Jim Harbaugh is currently HC of his beloved Michigan Wolverines...

John Harbaugh is more likely.

He won’t throw the bank at Jim Harbaugh because Jim Harbaugh is currently HC of his beloved Michigan Wolverines...

John Harbaugh is more likely.

Exactly. Why simply move a single Harbaugh when you can have two?

I was really wanting Gase to be the guy but after he got rid of most of the talent on the team I had reservations. After watching this team blow big leads that could have had us sitting at 7-4 with a crappy Buffalo coming to town I am done. We have no Franchise QB, no playmakers on offense, a few potential building blocks on defense, crappy play calling, a defense that collapses when the game is on the line. Unreal. I would take either Harbaugh at this juncture. Give either one final say on the roster, Chris Grier doesn't bother me but Tannebaum has to go. The problem is Baltimore is winning again and Michigan just won 10 games so don't know if either will be available.

If Ross keeps things as they are then he's accepting 8-8 again. Sadly, I believe Gase gets another year with a stern warning from Ross to win or go.

Not only is Ross going to hall ass it, you can bet the house Tannebaum survives. Then after he blesses us with another half ass rebuild the old bastard will die. His wife and 4 daughters will probably play owners for a couple years. Till being losers gets them laughed out of the country club. Then maybe just maybe they sell.

I was really wanting Gase to be the guy but after he got rid of most of the talent on the team I had reservations. After watching this team blow big leads that could have had us sitting at 7-4 with a crappy Buffalo coming to town I am done. We have no Franchise QB, no playmakers on offense, a few potential building blocks on defense, crappy play calling, a defense that collapses when the game is on the line. Unreal. I would take either Harbaugh at this juncture. Give either one final say on the roster, Chris Grier doesn't bother me but Tannebaum has to go. The problem is Baltimore is winning again and Michigan just won 10 games so don't know if either will be available.

A healthy Buffalo team is not crappy. If the rookie QB is having a good day they can beat anybody. Ask the Vikings. If we lose both games to the Bills this year I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The biggest problem with this franchise is that for nearly a decade they’ve been mush-mashing a hodgepodge of front office personnel with coaching personnel and expecting them to collaborate on a unified plan.

Fire a coach, keep the GM. Pair the GM with a coach who won’t challenge him. Fire the GM, pair the coach with a GM who can work with him. Rinse, repeat.

This madness doesn’t work. There is no vision. No accountability. It leads to constant in-fighting and an atmosphere that is risk averse because everyone is trying to cover their own ***.

This failed tactic needs to end now. It’s time to rip the bandaid off and reboot from the ground up around nucleus of football people who share the same goals, same vision, and share accountability.

Strike down the new mangled trifecta of Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase and start fresh with one leader... a GM... who will set the vision and hire the coach who will help bring that vision to life.

The only caveat to that is that I would consider bringing in one of the Harbaughs to set the foundation and hire their own GM, but those would be the only coaches I would do it for.

Bottom line, we need a full measure. All 3 need to go TOGETHER!

No more half measures!

Any Breaking Bad reference gets a thumbs up from me.

Same goes for Office Space references. :lol:

Well the Bills are 4-7 and riding a two game winning streak but the wins are over two of the crappiest teams in the league. Jacksonville has lost 7 games in a row. The win over Minnesota to me was more of Minnesota overlooking them and ahead to the Rams. But I get your point. We are still 6 point favorites and should be 7-4.

Said this a year ago. Start over. Tear the entire management structure down. Bring in one proven guy to run the whole thing. Give him a budget and then get out of the way. Personally, I would appeal to Belichick's pride and try to pry him away from New England. Let him show the world he can win without Brady. Plus he gets to beat up on the Pats twice a season.

Back
Top Bottom