Mueller suggests revamping receiving corps and adding speed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller suggests revamping receiving corps and adding speed?

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the validity of this but the Herald article mentions it as something Mueller suggested about Miami doing to it's roster.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7641367.htm

It's nice to hear this. Imagine, a GM who understands the importance of playmakers on offense. Could we be leading our way out of the dark ages (aka the Dave Wannstedt stunted pass offense show)?

Although Jones would not give details, it is believed Mueller advised a revamping of its receiver corps with speed receivers.

This ONE sentence is the reason for your headline????

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
It now says in the Sun Sentinal article that the new GM WILL have the the power to hire/fire the head coach. thank god.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...an06,0,3749779.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

That has been my hope all along. Originally, they had mentioned that only Ron Wolf would have that authority, but that was before Wolf was even contacted and declined the position. it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have somebody in charge of only player personel when problems are much deeper than that. Even tho Wanny's extention is not guaranteed, that doesn't mean the new GM can't fire him anyway. Wayne would just have to pay him next year's salary, is all. plus the fact, Wayne would not be the "bad guy" !! :lol:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

plus the fact, Wayne would not be the "bad guy" !! :lol:

exactly.. i think thats one of the main reasons Wayne decided to bring in a GM. he doesnt want to fire wanny himself, now he has an executioner to do it for him. if he had fired wanny himself, after 3 seasons with 10 wins or more, he would look like a tyrant to the rest of the NFL (not to us though). he doesnt want that 'art modell' image. wouldnt it be funny if the new GM came in and fired wanny first thing?? it would be like a WWE wrestling storyline.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
OT-
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Wesley Clark, I'm voting for him too.

:lol: :roflmao: :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the subject ..... We do need more outside speed at WR but Mueller should have stated that the number 1 priority is to get a NFL caliber starting QB.

Do u think that was what hurt Mueller from getting this job.. I dont think he will get it... I think the QB and OL is more important than WR... Cause a good QB makes a WR good..

Originally posted by finfan54

boy i dont know, you are for firing wanny but going to vote for wesley clark? hmmmmmmmmm.
:lol: yeah hes a general, he knows what he is talking about.:lol:

i guess you must be a Bush fan.. now there is a guy who really knows what he is talking about... truth of the matter is.. id rather have wanny for president than George W.

i guess you must be a Bush fan.. now there is a guy who really knows what he is talking about... truth of the matter is.. id rather have wanny for president than George W.

One thing about Clark tho, ........been there and done it !! ;)

exactly.. i think thats one of the main reasons Wayne decided to bring in a GM. he doesnt want to fire wanny himself, now he has an executioner to do it for him. if he had fired wanny himself, after 3 seasons with 10 wins or more, he would look like a tyrant to the rest of the NFL (not to us though). he doesnt want that 'art modell' image. wouldnt it be funny if the new GM came in and fired wanny first thing?? it would be like a WWE wrestling storyline.
Ooh that would be too funny! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom