Mueller suggests revamping receiving corps and adding speed? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller suggests revamping receiving corps and adding speed?

the sun and herald articles are almost identical and do not say much, but give a tidbit more reason to hope :pray: that Mueller is selected as our GM

The point is

Originally posted by Canuck

It's nice to hear this. Imagine, a GM who understands the importance of playmakers on offense. Could we be leading our way out of the dark ages (aka the Dave Wannstedt stunted pass offense show)?

Someone other than Wannspiel could be coming in to save us and our backward offensive ways in recent years (trading for RW notwithstanding). Too many years have we neglected the WR position (outside of Chambers that is) and you can add QB to that as well. I just think it's promising to hear a potential GM make those statments during his interview. It's music to my ears and no doubt many other Fin-Fans who are tired with the same ole pedestrian passing attack.

Man I don't get this whole speed at WR thing thats become in vogue. Obviously speed kills at WR but everyone is like "outside Chambers we've got no speed"

Excuse me? Last time I checked our fastest receiver was James McKnight, not Chris Chambers. And J-Mac, he pretty much split time with Derrius this season. Sam Simmons is quite the little speedster as well, though we did not play him at the position nearly enough for my tastes. We signed OG because we were having trouble, its not like we were like "Hey lets get bigger and slower at the position!"

Chris Chambers and James McKnight are both top flight speedsters, and if Derrius Thompson is not, well last I checked the NFL didn't require three Z type receivers to be your top 3 guys.

The problem is not the WR corp. Its the QB and OL...and to an extent Norv's offense. There just were not enough balls being thrown to get all of the WRs involved...not even two of the WRs involved. How can Derrius make an impact when he's being thrown to less than 3 times a game? How can he even get in sync with his QB when that happens? How can J-Mac do it either? Chambers was gettin thrown to like 10 times a game...and it wasn't just because he was always open. It was because they made it a priority before the offseason to funnel the ball to Chambers and McMichael...they had to ditch the McMike plan because of protection issues but they continued forcing it to Chambers.

The type of receiver the Dolphins lack is the physical type that is willing to go over the middle. They've lacked that since Oronde's injury in the Denver game. This is what I think Rick saw when he advised Wannstedt to draft Anquan Boldin.

CK I think you make a good pt. but CAP wise DT and McK s/b cut so we can start fresh looking for #2 in FA and young WR in the draft IMO

Give me a healthy, hungry bunch of nasty guys up on the off. line that will give a qb some time to toss the ball 10-15 on a slant with the occassional long ball to keep em honest..........and guys that will OPEN even a small hole for Rickey to pound through between the tackles consistently...........then I would be willing to bet that a smart guy like Norv will fill the seams, come up with the mismatch, and crack the defensive for some long runs.......hell......i'd even be willing to put up with fiedler (at a lot less money) the offense.........just give me some healthy, hungry guys with a nasty attitude up on the line.......come to think of it.....make that on both sides of the ball......off AND def!!!!!!!!....probably be more cap friendly too!.......

Back
Top Bottom