Mueller's Draft History | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller's Draft History

unifiedtheory said:
That is some revisionist history right there....

Passing on Randy Moss was something EVERY (with the exception of the Vikings) team was prepared to do or did. I've grown weary of people saying so and so passed on Randy Moss so he is a terrible G.M....everyone did it.

32 teams...including the Patriots...passed on Tom Brady...at least 5 times.

"He could have gotten more then two firsts and a 4th for Ricky". Well, he got a 2nd and 2 firsts for Ricky. WHO THE HELL WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM MORE? The guy ROBBED us. The 1st and 2nd was enough...getting the conditional pick (for very achievable statistics) was the kicker.

I'm not a Meuller fan but these are poor examples to disect his draft history.

The second 1st we gave up for Ricky was totally dependent on him achieving something like 1500 yards. We got our reward for that pick. It's too bad the rest of the team couldn't play up to his ability that season.

bakedmatt said:
The second 1st we gave up for Ricky was totally dependent on him achieving something like 1500 yards. We got our reward for that pick. It's too bad the rest of the team couldn't play up to his ability that season.

Whether or not the Dolphins made a good trade isnt the issue here. The question is, was it a good trade for NO? And the answer, resoundingly, is yes.

It was excellent negotiating tactics on Mueller's part to insist that the second pick be a conditional #1. He corectly assessed that we felt we were one RB away from making a run at the SB, and were therefore wiling to pay through the teeth to get our guy. Thats what good negotiators do. They assess the demand and negotiate accordingly. Had he simply closed the deal for a first and a third, noone would have batted an eye. Everyone would have complimented him for pulling off a nice trade. That he was able to see beyond that and understand that Wanny would pay EVEN MORE is a tribute to his negotation tactics and skills. It was, quite frankly, a masterful job.

Surferosa said:
Whether or not the Dolphins made a good trade isnt the issue here. The question is, was it a good trade for NO? And the answer, resoundingly, is yes.

It was excellent negotiating tactics on Mueller's part to insist that the second pick be a conditional #1. He corectly assessed that we felt we were one RB away from making a run at the SB, and were therefore wiling to pay through the teeth to get our guy. Thats what good negotiators do. They assess the demand and negotiate accordingly. Had he simply closed the deal for a first and a third, noone would have batted an eye. Everyone would have complimented him for pulling off a nice trade. That he was able to see beyond that and understand that Wanny would pay EVEN MORE is a tribute to his negotation tactics and skills. It was, quite frankly, a masterful job.

But how does it make you a good negotiator you made this deal with the worst negotiator. remember he screw wanny when wanny was in chicago also. by sending him mirer for a 1st round pick. taking advantage of a moron does not make you great. show me an example of a trade he did with on of the better GMs in the league.

burger13 said:
Being that Mueller will be the main man in the personell department.....I thought that it would be interesting to take a quick peak at his draft history....with the Seahawks from 95-99 and the Saints from 00-02.

Below are some of his best picks from those drafts:

RND PICK PLAYER POS SCHOOL
1 8 Joey Galloway WR Ohio State
1 21 Pete Kendall G Boston College
4 99 Phillip Daniels DE Georgia
1 3 Shawn Springs CB Ohio State
1 6 Walter Jones T Florida State
6 174 Itula Mili TE Brigham Young
1 15 Anthony Simmons OLB Clemson
3 76 Ahman Green RB Nebraska
2 33 Darren Howard DE Kansas State
5 166 Chad Morton RB Southern California
6 168 Marc Bulger QB West Virginia
1 23 Deuce McAllister RB Mississippi
3 70 Sedrick Hodge OLB North Carolina
1 25 Charles Grant DE Georgia
2 44 LeCharles Bentley C Ohio State
5 150 Mel Mitchell SS Western Kentucky
6 186 J.T. O'Sullivan QB Cal-Davis

-Obviously, Ahman Green in the third round jumps out at you....I think that he may have been a backup for most of his career at Nebraska to L.Phillips, and prob only started in '97.

-Bulger in the 6th was a great pick.....I do think that he's a tad overrated becasue of his inflated stats in the STL offense....but still for a 6th rnd pick, an amazing value.

-Darren Howard and Charles Grant are stud DE's for the Saints now.....both nice picks.

-LeCharles Bentley has played at a Pro-Bowl level since his rookie year.

-Deuce is a top-10 back AND the pick was the pre-cursor to trading Ricky Williams and getting 2 1st round picks.

Overall, not bad.
He likes Buckeyes. That's good enough for me!

Back
Top Bottom