Muller, another good Saban hire! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muller, another good Saban hire!

PHINSfan said:
Like every one else I was very surprised by the riring of Muller, but looking at it from a hiring perspective you have to agree that it appears to be another good hiring by coach Saban. I see Muller bringing to the organization several things Saban lacks:
1. The knowledge and experience of the inner workings of NFL trades and
personnel matters.
2. The respect around the league as a good executive man (he was voted NFL executive of the year in 2000).
3. A good working relationship with the local media. While in NO he has a good
report with the local media, and they were up in arms (as were the fans)
when he was fired.
4. An above average track record with past drafts and FA adquisitions.
5. The ability to handle the everyday responsabilities of a GM, giving Saban
time to devote to coaching and implementing his new system.
Like most of us here I was under the impresion that Saban was going to bring in a young up and coming guy and let him asume the GM responsibilities. This might have worked out fine, but with Muller we have some one who has done the job before and has been sussessful at it. If Saban and Muller can manage to work together and leave their egoes at the door this indeed will be a great hiring.

:shakeno: Let's see the work first, then judge..

I'm hoping this works, for I have my issues with it..

But as I've said in another post in defense of dreaming right now..it's the time of year to do so. :D

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I get the fealing he is not a Saban fan? But maybe its just me.

No, he wasn't my first choice. i agree with that, but I am surprised he built one hell of a coaching staff. I always gave him credit for being a great D coach. I just questioned his loyalty to his O, which was obvious in the draft, dont ya think? randy will fix that, and NOT need pick!

Agua said:
Go look at the Saint fan's detailed and factual summary of Mueller's FA signings in the "Why was Mueller fired in NO" thread, and you'll see why some of us aren't happy about it.

Mueller won the 2002 NFL Executive of the Year award. He helped turn that franchise around from the mess Ditka left it in. They won their FIRST playoff game ever with the players he brought in.

If Saints fans are trying to blame Mueller for their team's struggles, they may want to look at their inept head coach who said in reference to troubled draft pick Adrian McPherson, "I don't care what kind of person he is. All I care about is what kind of football player he is." That is one big reason the Saints are so bad now, plus having a fruitcake owner that toys with the idea of moving the team when he's not busy doing his Mary Poppins imitation.

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
2. The respect around the league as a good executive man (he was voted NFL executive of the year in 2000).
- not much of a saying since wanny was named coach of the year in 96 with the bears and look where that went!!
Maybe you have something there....But who would you rather have: Somebody who is known and respected around the league or Speildman?
Common guys if you look at this team now vs last year you can't tell me that you dont see improvement in out HC, Asst coaches, and GM.

TheMadPorpoise said:
Mueller won the 2002 NFL Executive of the Year award. He helped turn that franchise around from the mess Ditka left it in. They won their FIRST playoff game ever with the players he brought in.

If Saints fans are trying to blame Mueller for their team's struggles, they may want to look at their inept head coach who said in reference to troubled draft pick Adrian McPherson, "I don't care what kind of person he is. All I care about is what kind of football player he is." That is one big reason the Saints are so bad now, plus having a fruitcake owner that toys with the idea of moving the team when he's not busy doing his Mary Poppins imitation.

He won the 2000 Executive of the Year Award. And he deserved it. Compare the results of his free agent signings after 2000 to those of that season, and it's like a different man was in charge.

Mueller is the most qualified man to help orchestrate a trade for Ricky Williams. The challenge will be to get value when there is none.

Mueller is a questionable hire to me, because all he ever did was put down the Fins during his time with ESPN...I believe he has the qualifications that are needed, and would not have been too dissapointed if he were hired instead of RS a year ago. (Even tho I still feel he'll never get any respect from people here that he deserves.) But Mueller has said a few things while on ESPN that I thought were odd...the only one I can really think of off the top of my head was how he criticized the Pats for picking up Dillon last year. There have been several others, but I can't remember them now, just remember questioning them at the time.

Back
Top Bottom