Muschamp Fired!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muschamp Fired!!!

Jim McElwain at CSU would be a good hire...

The odds on favorite seems to be Mike Gundy, but T. Boone Pickens will do whatever he can to make sure the Cowboys keep Gundy. You'll also hear Dan Mullen a lot even after Mullen said he doesn't want the job (Plus I've heard rumblings that Foley is not a Mullen fan).

I see several parallels with Muschamp and Hoke at Michigan.

The SEC just doesn't afford you any margin for on the job training as a head coach. You've got to go out and get a guy with head coaching experience rather than the coordinator route. Jim McElwain is as good as it gets, and has experience recruiting 5-stars from the state of Florida. He's a hell of a football coach.

That's another reason why I don't like the idea of Kirby Smart being the heir apparent to Saban whenever he decides to hang it up despite how popular it seems to be. I'm hoping McElwain hangs around at a program like Colorado St. long enough for Battle and Bama to bring him back down to Tuscaloosa when Saban leaves.

McElwain is the smart money but he'll cost a pretty penny. His buyout is 7 mil but I think he's worth it. Sorry Slimm but someone wise AD at a large program is going to lock him up. Guy is a hell of a coach. Love to see him at Michigan but he is not being considered on the lists I have seen.

Brady Hoke is available soon. Heck of a recruiter. Falls short in coaching and development.

McElwain is the smart money but he'll cost a pretty penny. His buyout is 7 mil but I think he's worth it. Sorry Slimm but someone wise AD at a large program is going to lock him up. Guy is a hell of a coach. Love to see him at Michigan but he is not being considered on the lists I have seen.

Brady Hoke is available soon. Heck of a recruiter. Falls short in coaching and development.

If Harbaugh doesn't take the job, McElwain will get some consideration, but right now everybody is all in on Jim.

And Brady and staff can develop defensive guys as the defense does have a lot of guys with NFL potential. Just much like with Muschamp, he hasn't developed a QB.

Brett McMurphy ✔ @McMurphyESPN
Follow
Sources told me Dan Mullen & Rich Rod will not be among those considered to replace Muschamp

Good hire by UF. Former players from here at U of L still talk about him from when he was an assistant. They absolutely loved him.

Wow. Gators hit a home run with McElwain. Congrats.

UF snags their guy, and then you have...Nebraska...:lol:

Yeah that one is strange. I thought they would go after Frost.

Very happy about McElwain. He has a ton of recruiting ties in the south from his time at Alabama. Time to scramble together a recruiting class and resurrect this abomination of an offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom