Mussim Muhammed for Pat Surtain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mussim Muhammed for Pat Surtain

Why is this surprising news???...

We all know that Dave and Rick have been exploring the market for another veteran WR. This news about D. Boston is the reason behind it. Nobody is certain that Boston will fit in, and if he doesn't, we'll need to replace him with a veteran IMO. Thus bringing us to the Muhhamad and Northcutt rumors...

I'd be fine with trading next year first rounder for WR D. Northcutt. He's very solid, and is only getting better with experince. I'd also be willing to trade DB S. Madison for M. Muhhamad. We've got R. Howard, and he could easily replace Madison IMO.

NO TO SURTAIN. He's far too valuable....

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

Don't trade anything, I would rather go into the season with Thompson as the 2nd wide reciever then losing the first round pick next year

MM is going to be cut, that is why the talk is out there about him coming here. If we were to think of trading Pat, it would be for Manning and Steve Smith, and a draft pick or something. Not saying that as a rumor, or anything, just saying the magnitude of a trade.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Not Surtain!!!

I'd do it for CB S. Madison though. We've got R. Howard, and he could repalce Madison if need be without us losing anything....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Madison's not going anywhere until 2006 or after...he's got 10+ million in dead bonus money.

No way a first for Northcutt....!

I suggested before a Ogun for Northcutt and their 2nd next year.

Surtain is a top 5 or 6 CB MM isnt even a top 20 WR, if RS was that dumb I would invade his office, kick him in the nuts, and say WTF were you thinking Rick? That would be right up there in sports trades with the Red Sox selling the Babe as far as stupid moves go. You dont trade an elite CB for an older, past his prime, wasnt elite in his prime WR.

ckparrothead said:
My god that would be an aweful trade Northcutt isn't worth that IMO.

An aweful trade???....

His numbers prove otherwise IMO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=5061

He may not be an elite WR, but his numbers are very solid considering where he's played, and who he's had to battle against for playing time. Maybe a first rounder is a reach, but if becomes as productive as C. Chambers once he's a full time starter, he'd be worth it IMO. We got CC in the second round, and that was a steal. A late first rounder for DN wouldn't be much diiferent IMO...

That's just my opinion....If it sucks, so be it. :goof:

PHINZ RULE!!! :D

What the hell?

Sam for Muhammed?

Have you seen how BAD Muhammed is these days?

Sam is still a good corner - not great. He's better at his position than Muhammed is at his, and Muhammed plays at a position where GREAT talent is easier to find.

Anyone who thinks we should trade Madison for Muhammad needs to realize a few things:

1. Madison is a starter, and Muhammad would be a third receiver. I wouldn't trade a starter for a backup.

2. If you think Madison sucks, then you will think Reggie Howard sucks even more. Howard isn't good at all. Just because he started on a good defense doesn't mean that he is a good player. The secondary was the worst part of the Panthers' defense. I can guarantee you that Howard would do a worse job as the starting CB than Madison will.

3. We will take a huge cap hit if we cut or trade Madison.

As for the Surtain for Muhammad trade, that has to be a joke. There is no way we would do that.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'd be fine with trading next year first rounder for WR D. Northcutt. He's very solid, and is only getting better with experince.

First rounder,trust me I've seen alot of browns games and while he can make some plays,no way. I see him as a better returner than a reciever anyway.

Anyone who would trade Madison for Muhammed should be prohibited from discussing personnel issues ever again. Period.

Anyone who would trade next year's first rounder for a malcontent WR who doesn't even want to play here should also be prohibited from discussing personnel issues ever again.

Back
Top Bottom